Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are your DECCIES down ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Still up, didn’t put many up this year, only put lights on the tree as I’m sure my lunatic puppy would have taken any other bits off again :rolleyes: :smile: I’m surprised the tree is still in one piece.
We had a wreath on the outside of the front door for one day, the pup kept barking in the hallway because she thought there was someone at the door :facepalm:
Dogs are ridiculously stupid at times. Too many animals on telly at Xmas - anything that runs left to right on our telly the mutt thinks has run into the garden so tries to bolt outside to catch it!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t put any up except for some cards on the sideboard.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’d love to say it’s all worth it…… but Im not a ‘deccies’ man I’m really not.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Dogs are ridiculously stupid at times. Too many animals on telly at Xmas - anything that runs left to right on our telly the mutt thinks has run into the garden so tries to bolt outside to catch it!!
Mine has started watching the tv and barking at random animals, went completely bonkers at a goat on Countryfile earlier and just had a go at a polar bear :lolol: We watched the Doc Martin Christmas special and she was barking at the policeman:facepalm:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I took them all down yesterday. Nice to get them out the way, clean the house and re-arrange each room

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Took them down day after Boxing Day. nothing to celebrate this year only put them up for the grandkids. I did buy a real potted tree so it far happier outside

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I managed to get away with not putting anything up this year and I have to say it made absolutely zero difference to the overall enjoyment of Christmas

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Outside lights yesterday morning (blue 'n' white LEDs - wonder why those colours?) and inside today. I'd be quite happy not to bother but I know there's no point in even thinking that with Mrs D's liking of decs! 😂

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Went to Bradford City away in mid January 1989, strip pub at the top of the road, The Belle Vue, 20p to get in, topless DJ in addition to the ‘dancers’, came out to make our way down to the ground and there was house still with all theirs up, possibly some sort of record?

But in answer to the original question ours came down today.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Went to Bradford City away in mid January 1989, strip pub at the top of the road, The Belle Vue, 20p to get in, topless DJ in addition to the ‘dancers’, came out to make our way down to the ground and there was house still with all theirs up, possibly some sort of record?

But in answer to the original question ours came down today.
And you remember the decs?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This Christmas has been the shortest time we've ever had them up, we procrastinated to put them up then we did decide to we couldn't find the tree and remembered we lobbed it after last year🤦. Went up the weekend before Christmas and came back down yesterday. Now we live in a flat we need to find somewhere the keep the sodding thing though🙄

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Hut did the deed yesterday (and took down the decorations)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The extremely tacky outside flashing lights and inflatable Santas put up various neighbours are increasingly rare tonight - thankfully.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
All lights on smart plugs. Will be up until the 12th day after. Must admit, they looked pretty damn good this year.
3 days to put them all up, 3 hours to take them all down. 3 weeks for them to dry out properly before going back into the loft

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
All down except the tree and tree decs. Mrs Earle decides. I would have waited till the 6th. The tree will be cut up tomorrow and popped in the green waste bin. The decs will take a couple of hours to remove carefully and pack away. A couple go back to Mrs Earle's childhood. The rest? 40 years of memories of people and places.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We did internals yesterday, externals still up. Probably some point tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here