Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are your DECCIES down ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an absolute MISSION. It took half the day for us to disassemble the tree, pack all the glowing TAT away (after removing the batteries), scale a ladder to take down all the outside lights, move the tables, lamps and birdcage back into position, hoover up all the glitter and shit, polish the surfaces, box and bag everything up, hump it all up the stairs and then up into the attic. I must admit our living room is like Blackpool Tower at Christmas, but in my defence, I do have grandkids.

Anyway, it all comes back down again in 11 months for the cycle to begin again assuming I'm not crippled. But right now, I'm enjoying a spiced rum, with my newly uncluttered living room being back to normal, safe in the knowledge its not going to take me 15 minutes to turn all the lights off before I shuffle off to bed tonight. For the first time in a month.

Is it worth it ? If I say 'no', then apparently I'm a "Victor" :rolleyes:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ours came down yesterday, I played the part of taking the excess Xmas rubbish to the tip and got “stuck”in a queue, lucky I had a coffee on board and a load of podcasts to catch up on.

Back for lunch was purely coincidental

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What an absolute MISSION. It took half the day for us to disassemble the tree, pack all the glowing TAT away (after removing the batteries), scale a ladder to take down all the outside lights, move the tables, lamps and birdcage back into position, hoover up all the glitter and shit, polish the surfaces, box and bag everything up, hump it all up the stairs and then up into the attic. I must admit our living room is like Blackpool Tower at Christmas, but in my defence, I do have grandkids.

Anyway, it all comes back down again in 11 months for the cycle to begin again assuming I'm not crippled. But right now, I'm enjoying a spiced rum, with my newly uncluttered living room being back to normal, safe in the knowledge its not going to take me 15 minutes to turn all the lights off before I shuffle off to bed tonight. For the first time in a month.

Just cling film the tree and lob it in the loft.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100% exactly the same here, pretty much all day on it. I was gently questioning ‘whether it was wor………’. …...and that’s as far as I got :laugh: :shootself

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still UP here.

I keep counting 12 days on my fingers, and I've just done so again. So the 5th/6th is the traditional time, isn't it?

Regardless, having not done it today, which was clearly the sensible thing to do, they'll probably last the week as people return to work, school and the general mundaneness of life for the next few days.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anything more than a couple of days after boxing day is madness!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still UP here.

I keep counting 12 days on my fingers, and I've just done so again. So the 5th/6th is the traditional time, isn't it?

Regardless, having not done it today, which was clearly the sensible thing to do, they'll probably last the week as people return to work, school and the general mundaneness of life for the next few days.
Before 12th night so by the 6th of January.
People put them up far too early so are sick of them by Christmas. I will do a little bit each day now until the weekend, when they will go into the loft.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its so cathartic for me to get everything back to normal. I simply cannot abide clutter or mess, and whilst the house is never messy, the living room always feels overly cluttered when there's a tree in the corner, glowing snowmen guarding the TV, and a train in the fireplace. Too much going on.

I'm in a good place right now, with it all packed away. The doris does a LOVELY tree (always her task, she won't let me near it) but the room feels 3 times bigger now with it all gone. Its....ahhhh

talk2knighty

Dec 26, 2014
Every year I take all the decorations down and hurl them, fake tree, lights the lit and buy new again from some shitty garden Center next November

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Says the person who’s favourite activity is staring at the ceiling 😉
Much like Easy says, my job is to stay out the room whilst she gets on with it. It's true though, having it all cleared away is a nice feeling

Attachments

• 20221213_175837.jpg
    20221213_175837.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Before 12th night so by the 6th of January.
People put them up far too early so are sick of them by Christmas. I will do a little bit each day now until the weekend, when they will go into the loft.
It's always seemed to me the people who put them up the earliest are the first to take them down.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Still up, didn’t put many up this year, only put lights on the tree as I’m sure my lunatic puppy would have taken any other bits off again :rolleyes: :smile: I’m surprised the tree is still in one piece.
We had a wreath on the outside of the front door for one day, the pup kept barking in the hallway because she thought there was someone at the door :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Down today. I rolled up the outside lights as carefully as I could knowing in 11 months time I’ll be untangling them swearing at myself for not packing them away more carefully again…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here