Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I wonder why there is so much crime in London, gang warfare, shootings, muggings and anti-white racism. That's the price we have to pay for being enriched I suppose.

I've lived in London on and off for 28 years and have had no personal experience of any of the above despite having lived in Peckham, Bermondsey and Leytonstone at various times. Any city of this size has problems but I can't say that I, or anyone I know have been adversely affected.

I wonder why there is so much crime in London, gang warfare, shootings, muggings and anti-white racism. That's the price we have to pay for being enriched I suppose.

Its all relative, there is a book being relaunched this wekend in Bethnal Green, about End End crime gangs at the beginning of the 20th Century.

Crime is always around poor communities when living parallel with the rich.

Of course London is perfect, but why do peolple seek it out because like for like its better than anywhere else!

Paris = poo poo in comparison.

It has its shit holes, I more than most talk about them, I learnt today that there will now be armed police all the times on the streets in areas very near to where I live.................................

Its the worthiest city in Europe but has the highest concentration of deprivation, mainly in the East End.

Anti-white racism? Not sure there mate. What is so good about LOndon, is that the BNP has made little head way, even amongst the usual white working class communities let down by Labour, the inroads are limited to Barking and Dagenham, which is one weird mother of an area and in Thamesmeade.

Barking and Dagenham should have been a wake up call to Labour, get your act together, to start providing services and facilities to your constituents, that equal middle England.

there are vast swathes of london that are crime ridden shitholes LC , where you live being a case in point,you can go on about buzz and vibe all you like, but the facts speak for themselves.

But as well as you know, its a weird scenario, put most of the punters who post on here in Hackney for a week, take them on some cruises around and there be poo on the street.

At the same time I love living here, even with three young kids, we go places, see things daily that tourists save up there life savings for to go and do?

Crime is never out of your mind, which really pisses me off, but apart from Brighton, I cannot see myself living elsewhere.

Selville or Cambridge?

Lisbon or Birmingham?

Bournemouth or Ostia?

I've lived in London on and off for 28 years and have had no personal experience of any of the above despite having lived in Peckham, Bermondsey and Leytonstone at various times. Any city of this size has problems but I can't say that I, or anyone I know have been adversely affected.

I cannot say we haven't had problems, only yesterday, some twat tried to steal my bike in aso called secured compound.

We had three attempted break ins in the first year of living in Hackney and two burgalaries b4 in Walthamstow. And then crime is never out of your mind!

The gun crime issue around here and the young black gangs are serious.

But for 99.9% of Londoners this is not an issue.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes

Seems Milton Keynes is above the national average as well. Must be the youths from the ghettos.

MILTON KEYNES COUNCIL / ENGLISH AVERAGE
Population 228,000 -
Households 96,000 -
Violence against the person 26.3 / 15.0
Sexual offences 1.2 / 0.9
Robbery offences 1.3 / 1.0
Burglary dwelling offences 4.7 / 4.3
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 3.4/ 2.3
Theft from a vehicle offences 9.5 / 6.3
Crime statistics are per 1,000 of the population within the local authority area.

Sorry the figures havn't come out so easy to read.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Seems Milton Keynes is above the national average as well. Must be the youths from the ghettos.

MILTON KEYNES COUNCIL / ENGLISH AVERAGE
Population 228,000 -
Households 96,000 -
Violence against the person 26.3 / 15.0
Sexual offences 1.2 / 0.9
Robbery offences 1.3 / 1.0
Burglary dwelling offences 4.7 / 4.3
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 3.4/ 2.3
Theft from a vehicle offences 9.5 / 6.3
Crime statistics are per 1,000 of the population within the local authority area.

Sorry the figures havn't come out so easy to read.
damn lies and statistics or whatever, if you really think milton keynes has as much crime, violent or otherewise as the likes of hackney you're even more f***ing deluded than i originally thought.

Jan 30, 2008
This has to be one of the TV events of there year surely ?. I am tired but will not miss this. I agree with the decision to let the BNP on as to disallow an elected party is no better than some of those islamic states who despise free speech but I will love to see Griffin exposed and owned for the racist BASTARD that he undoubtedly is.

attention seeking thread if ever there was one , get a grip nigel!!!!

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes

Many of them are yes. Milton Keynes has been considerably enriched over the past few years due to a large influx of Somalians, Poles and others. 25% of all primary school children are from ethnic minorities.

'City is struggling with ethnic influx' - Milton Keynes Today

So the 4% rise in the black and ethnic population explains the above average crime figures then ?

My point was that crime rates are high in many places including down here in Bristol. Most of the crime committed round here is done so by white working class lads (of which I am one,(white working class that is) before I get accused of being a middle class liberal type) It isn't as clear cut as blaming it on Blacks, Poles, Somali's etc which seems to be what you and others are getting at.

damn lies and statistics or whatever, if you really think milton keynes has as much crime, violent or otherewise as the likes of hackney you're even more f***ing deluded than i originally thought.

Being sensible Bushy what is the answer?

I go for loads more coppers on the streets. Break up the gangs, asbo them, catch them dropping litter. Just get the top boys off the streets.

But set up special schools, the classic car training centres, get some skills, education in these kids, get the drug programmes going, big style not a £10,000 community project for ex- hippies.

Hit hard with right and soft with the left.

The Government needs to start pumping serious money in public facilities in areas such as Barking, the schools, health centres, housing needs to be as good as middle England.

If we are going to have an open border policy, then build bloody houses, get people working and people in decent homes. I believe there are 1 million empty homes in the UK, well lets get them filled up. The average London borough has 8-12,000 people on the waiting lists. Well start building the bloody things along the Thames corridor instead of talking.

The BNP has found a niche, they have set the agenda but manipulated issues to suit their agenda, well that's not new?

And in general Labour voting working class areas are still the poor relation to middle England.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Jan 30, 2008
lets cut all this petty squabling, partisan crowd so griffin was always on the back foot although he did give it straight to the muslim bloke , two questions that were asked about immigration issues seemed to be brushed under the carpet with several in the audience turning around with a look of disbelief that some one dared ask the question, spin from jack straw on certain subjects and griffin trying to get out of a corner on holocaust denial and somethings that he couldn't remember saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here