Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
1/ Yes they are and they are my number 4 on the list. head down trundleon etc etc.
2/ Eh ! i think you mean 24 hours and ticking :p

In genral we think the same,and i agree with you to a point as London is a complex place.

sorry mate. just been listening to eddie nestor on BBC London on the way home. its got my blood up a bit. it was hilarious when the jamaican woman rang up to say its out of control. you can imagine them debating whether to take the whole station off air at that point.

Jan 30, 2008
i watched a programme called bnp wives last night.

There was some daft bint and her cronies protesting at the building of a mosque in fareham. When challenged by a man in the street her response was;

"you won't be saying that when one of them is raping your wife"

it literally is beyond me that anyone can vote for this party, let alone sympathise with them. They make some valid points, but fundamentally they are hideous, hideous racists. For me, evry holocaust denail and comments like the above completely invalidate any other policies they may have.

must try harder .

London Calling You do know the good people of Barking & Dagenham even as far as Ilford upto Chingford are the white flight from the east end. So there is your white flight right wing LONDON vote. You know aswell as i do London is a great place, but it is full of enclaves in every neighbourhood from the mainly jewish areas in Stamford Hill & Golders Green in the North of London. Hackney has a mixture of black people from various areas of africa who do hate each other ie Ghana and Nigeria etc. Asains in southall & Turks/kurds in Green lanes and Harringay. There are racial divides in London and there is plenty of racism amongst different races which does not include white people. To think its all one big happy clappy place is daft. I have heard and seen jewish thoughts on black people and even worse ive seen first hand turkish peoples views and actions against black people, which make the BNP look like girl scouts. We have along way to go my friend along way.

Its about tolerance and balance, we know more than most the positives and negatives. But in an area such as Hackney which has embraced the diferent cultures depite the entrenched poverty in the area, the result has been a near exemplar, diverse population that generally works with each other.

The issues you rightly quote and we observe, generally are inherited from the mother nations, the classic one we talked about recently being the Kurds and Turks, it may never be resolved until an independent Kurdish state.

But I would also suggest, that there are few cities in the world , where the majority of Kurds, Turks, Iraqi's. Iranians, etc can go down the same school, waLK DOWN THE SAME STREET WITH NO PROBLEM AND THAT CITY IS lONDON.

We are proud that by the time our daughter was two weeks old she had been in a Kurdish, Turkish and vietmanese restaurant. Probably an unique xperience and occurence anywhere in the world. But only in London.

Last edited:

sorry mate but there are plenty who are just trying to get on with it, trying to live normal lives who have adjusted well to what has happened in the last 50 years, just struggling with what has happened in the last 10. when you have your kids telling you their teachers told them the smashed windows on the steven lawrence centre was a racist attack, when no one was convicted, bbc london jumped on it with glee, and the polices main suspects were mixed race, it is very hard. especially during the racist black history month. meanwhile everyone huddles in the remaining pubs and talks about moving. but according to some on here they are foolish idiots who don't know how great it is.

people can cope if they are given time to adjust. the problem is they are not right now. i know full well why everyone has f***ed off to kent or essex. but not everyone has. Griffin has that wrong too and does a lot of people a disservice by claiming to speak to them.

harman is crowing this week about how she is pleased that a 1/3rd of her constituency is now african. they dont help themselves. the party that was supposed to care for these people have f***ed them with glee. perhaps its the way of the world, but funnily enough plenty of my pals and aquaintances who are 2nd/3rd generation carribean feel the same way. that lunatics in denial are wrecking the place with their good intentions.

i will expect someone from fulking or somewhere to tell me i am lying now. you cannot turn the clock back but there is no need to tell people there are 20 hours in a day.

moving out of inner London has going on for Centuries, we all know, Psy Billy refered to some of the routes, the clasic A routes of west, east , north London.

Basically, if you get the cash you move up your Local A road. Has it become more intense, I don't know. Don't forget the 50's and 60's slum programmes, moved loads of Londoners out to London (Essex) to the new towns of Basildon etc And we talking here the creation of major towns.

London and inner London has a growing population, Hackney has the "youngest" population in Europe, so something must be right, and yes the attraction of arty students wanting the vibe is causing major housing problems in the area.

The slight difference I have with with Spanish, Bushy and Perhaps Psy Billy, is that I don't see this as a race issue. Race is not the problem. In fact,the diverse cultures of Hackney make it livable. The tolerance shown here, the respect by the majority to elders, to families with kids, is far greater than the ageism, racism and negativity I have seen from middle England and even Brighton.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But I would also suggest, that there are few cities in the world , where the majority of Kurds, Turks, Iraqi's. Iranians, etc can go down the same school, waLK DOWN THE SAME STREET WITH NO PROBLEM AND THAT CITY IS lONDON.

We are proud that by the time our daughter was two weeks old she had been in a Kurdish, Turkish and vietmanese restaurant. Probably an unique xperience and occurence anywhere in the world. But only in London.

Which of the foods did she enjoy the most ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here