Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you Team Alan Green or Team Danny Mills?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
When we went to Havana recently our tour guide was explaining the economics of the country and how even jobs that require really high qualifications aren't well paid. It turned out that he was a qualified vet but he earned way more as a tour guide because of the tips.

A lot of Cubans go abroad if they are qualified to practice medicine or as engineers etc as they can then earn an absolute fortune in comparison to at home and send money back for their families.

So one of the people on our trip asked him why he didn't do the same and go to Europe to work as a vet as he'd be loaded and he said some things are more important than money. He wasn't even married but he had family, friends and a life that he enjoyed in Cuba, earned a decent living and was happy. I liked his style.

I'd also take issue with the idea that winning the Chinese league would be the same to Oscar as winning a title in Italy, England or anywhere else with footballing history. Just because it's not his home country (and unless he's some sort of dimwit) then he's still going to realise the MASSIVE difference between winning a big league and the Mickey Mouse Dogshit trophy. FFS.

When he looks back on his career from his diamond encrusted superyacht he's going to realise he could have achieved a lot more. Or maybe he won't give a shit. I think it's a shame.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
China will burst their economic bubble in a year or so and ensure another world wide recession (again) as they economic high economic growth is mostly underpinned by unsecured lending.

These type of wages to footballers are contributing to this bubble about to burst.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
bit harsh :)

Sure, and they're trying and finding it hard in the US, but that's always going to be second-fiddle to the big four sports. In China there is a possibility. Are they really going to stop with just Oscar? China has qualified for the World Cup in recent years. Plus the backbone of their teams will be from other countries as well. I know Indonesian football a bit, that's a similar country, massive fan-base for football, huge population, not the best players, and the bulk of their super-league teams are Africans and Australians, Russians and eastern-Europeans, they can play football and I imagine it is or will be the same in China.

Football/Soccer is catching up very quickly in the US.... participation is huge....and for those not blessed with size required for Basketball and American Football its already no1.... America will definately crack this over time in my opinion. Soccer... will be alongside and eventually take over from the traditional US Sports...
Of course.. it will grow commensurate with the increase in the Latin American demographic.... which is growing fast.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carlos Tevez now making the same move.

That now means Oscar & Carlos Tevez will be schooled and coached on the finer points of professional football by a certain Mr...

...Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Carlos Tevez now making the same move.

That now means Oscar & Carlos Tevez will be schooled and coached on the finer points of professional football by a certain Mr...

...Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway.

Not quite.

Oscar is going to Shangahai SIPG, Gus et al are at Shanghai Shenhua which is where Tevez is going.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not quite.

Oscar is going to Shangahai SIPG, Gus et al are at Shanghai Shenhua which is where Tevez is going.
Phew that's a relief, for a minute then I thought Charlie might be out of his depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here