Are you STARTING to lose FAITH in Bloom & Barber running the ALBION ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you FAITH in B & B running the Albion ?

• I've LOST faith in them

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I'm losing FAITH in them

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I still have FAITH in them

Votes: 139 68.1%

• Total voters

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Looking at the bigger picture I would suggest that the die was cast having lost that fabulous momentum built under Poyet and having thrown away the golden chance of promotion to the Prem, we were then consigned to the harsh realities under FFP. I wouldn't mind betting that Tony Bloom deeply regrets that episode, but equally showed strength in robustly dealing with Poyet.

Yes Oscar somehow got us to the play offs again but to be honest we were punching above our weight and got found out, in the 2nd leg. I really hope we will eclipse that this season but would be a hell of an achievement. We will do very well to finish in the top 10 given the increasing number of clubs enjoying the luxury of parachute money.

The consequence of FFP biting is that I feel Tony Bloom is now obliged to mark time, create a net surplus on transfers by spending more conservatively until we are fully in compliance, hoping that many of our competitors become worse off and then the transfer market shrinks back towards us.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Looking at the bigger picture I would suggest that the die was cast having lost that fabulous momentum built under Poyet and having thrown away the golden chance of promotion to the Prem, we were then consigned to the harsh realities under FFP. I wouldn't mind betting that Tony Bloom deeply regrets that episode, but equally showed strength in robustly dealing with Poyet.

Yes Oscar somehow got us to the play offs again but to be honest we were punching above our weight and got found out, in the 2nd leg. I really hope we will eclipse that this season but would be a hell of an achievement. We will do very well to finish in the top 10 given the increasing number of clubs enjoying the luxury of parachute money.

The consequence of FFP biting is that I feel Tony Bloom is now obliged to mark time, create a net surplus on transfers by spending more conservatively until we are fully in compliance, hoping that many of our competitors become worse off and then the transfer market shrinks back towards us.
Excellent post

Jan 30, 2008
The partys over and the hangover has kicked in , back to reality with a bang ,people need to get a grip ,you either get in the mix or cut and run, just see it for what it is at the moment???
regards
DR

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Boring football for the last season (playoffs I know but how is beyond me), selling anyone half decent, signing second rate journeymen, best crowds in the division but acting like paupers, constant change in mangers, shit starts to season, milking every last penny from fans but spending **** all (ffp yawn) best ground, academy, plr (yawn) but shit team, negativity and no pr to at least buoy the fans/team even if it's bullshit....we are fans we want to be told we are going to be brilliant.

BUT Lord tony bloom (god some of you would love to have his babies) surely isn't stupid and realises the club are soon going to go backwards and lose the impetuous we had from the new ground new start and chest pumping. At the moment clubs like Bournemouth are looking more plr :annoyed:

Anyway I'm off to wet my bed :rolleyes:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I know it's supposed to be a funny thread, but seriously they seem to be all about the real estate and the accountancy bottom line. They've IMHO dangerously taken their eye off the ball as regards the only thing that matters to anybody that buys a match ticket which is the playing side and a bit of entertainment for yer money. Sad to say, might actually take a brush with relegation to make them re-focus on what counts to anybody in the stands.

Reluctantly this. Even the most rabid supporter of the current regime has to see that the customer experience this season let alone the diminished quality of the squad is a cause for concern. Is the product so strong that the management can shrug of the following: The Bennetts Field fiasco. The delayed season tickets. The hike in the food and drink prices. Easily, the longest queues for the food and drink in the WSU due to the inadequate numbers of staff and their clearly inadequate training. The still not completed new ticket office despite the fatct that they have had 3 months.The poorly stocked club shop (many shirt sizes unavailable). I'm sorry, but I have to ask the question, are all football clubs run this badly? In the interest of fairness, I should say that the new strip is a winner, not least because you can now read the squad numbers on the shirt without having to actually be on the pitch, and the wifi is very welcome. Still, err.........

Jan 30, 2008
Boring football for the last season (playoffs I know but how is beyond me), selling anyone half decent, signing second rate journeymen, best crowds in the division but acting like paupers, constant change in mangers, shit starts to season, milking every last penny from fans but spending **** all (ffp yawn) best ground, academy, plr (yawn) but shit team, negativity and no pr to at least buoy the fans/team even if it's bullshit....we are fans we want to be told we are going to be brilliant.

BUT Lord tony bloom (god some of you would love to have his babies) surely isn't stupid and realises the club are soon going to go backwards and lose the impetuous we had from the new ground new start and chest pumping. At the moment clubs like Bournemouth are looking more plr :annoyed:

Anyway I'm off to wet my bed :rolleyes:
maybe the club need to issue a mission statement :timmy:
regards
DR

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
What did rile me yesterday was that the fish finger bun has been stopped. Not only that, but the kids serving me looked like I was making it up and I'd come from another planet and it had never existed before. An absolute outrage.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Im losing faith in some of the fans, you know who you are

Lawro, serious question...

At what point does someone like you question the club?

Ernest may be (in your eyes) a protesting, jokey character but his sentiments in this poll have some credibility.

PB has told all of us to spend, spend, spend and that this spend will go directly towards player recruitment.

Since last season we have made over £12m from player sales and saved the wages of PIG, Upson, Orlandi, Hoskins, David. Bridcutt, Ulloa and Barnes were also on decent wages.

We were told that we would meet FFP even before we sold these players so why have we not re-invested in at least 2 or 3 quality additions?

PB has also said that we are PLR. Ernest asks a legitimate question of the club when he asks how we can be 'PLR' without a decent squad.

I have supported the Albion since I was 6, so over 35 years and I am over the moon with the Amex, the training ground etc. but if the club keep on raising prices and telling us that we need to accept this for us to bring in quality players then they should keep up their end of the deal, surely?

There are many fans like you who keep saying wait until the end of August, or "it's only 1 game" but these issues run far deeper than that. A PLR club should have been ready to bring in players before pre-season, especially when so many have left and there is a new manager.

A PLR club should not be sending out season tickets ONE day before the season starts.

If te club do not sign any more players before Aug 31st will you and other like minded people still make excuses for the club?

Is it right to say that TB has spent millions of his own money so he should never be criticised?

I am not bed wetting when I say to you that the body language of the players and Hyypia yesterday was not good, I cheered the team yesterday, I backed them and applauded them but I am not blind and many around me in the West could see that something is deeply wrong at the moment with our club. We look short of confidence, leadership and even fight.

On this occasion at least, I think Enrest has every right to question what is going on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If there was to be a mission statement it should be something akin to we sell our best players and pray FFP kicks in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
When it comes down to building the infrastructure of the club and staying FFP compliant I've got 100% faith as they're among the best around, On player recruitment I've lost a lot of faith in them because they appear to be either unable or unwilling to bring in the quality of players needed to give us the competitive squad they promised us.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Complete faith this is a rebuilding process new team new style new manager out with the old in with the new

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still have faith but over the next few years we will really see how good Barber is. Jacking up the prices season after season is easy whilst the club is on an upward trajectory and in the AMEX honeymoon period; anyone can do this. Maximising revenues over the next few seasons will be very different as people begin to question the value they are getting.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Well, after 10 years of slagging off Dick Knight and Martin Perry, on this incarnation of NSC, it's predictable that our resident comedian should, eventually, try and bring some new material into his act. I can only remember Ernest praising the club on one occasion, and that was when we avoided relegation to L2 by the skin of our teeth. Ultimately he's destined to go the same way as Mike Yarwood, whose repetition and dearth of new ideas committed him to the comedy graveyard.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports