Are you STARTING to lose FAITH in Bloom & Barber running the ALBION ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you FAITH in B & B running the Albion ?

• I've LOST faith in them

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I'm losing FAITH in them

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I still have FAITH in them

Votes: 139 68.1%

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Bloom said look I'm a bit potless having built the ground and Lancing and I've got to be careful on the spends for a while I'd say fair enough and we would muddle through, it is while him and Barber come up with bullshit with Premier League ready whilst selling our best players get's people peed off

Perhaps he hasn't come out and said he is a bit potless because he isn't. When the window closes, if we have no one else on board, moan away, but for now give it a ****ing rest will you? Boring Twunt

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
We will know by end of the month (potentially giving away 15 points in the process) If we get loans in like Conway and Lingard, we might have some hope. If they are Andrews and Obika equivalents, we will have to put up with below average.

To me it feels like something going on, the shares thing the other day and best most valuable players going and currently nothing to replace with. But wont lose the faith yet.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Perhaps he hasn't come out and said he is a bit potless because he isn't. When the window closes, if we have no one else on board, moan away, but for now give it a ****ing rest will you? Boring Twunt

Why is he letting a pathetic display like yesterday happen then ? We need the players now not in a few weeks, if you were there yesterday then you would have known that

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I know it's supposed to be a funny thread, but seriously they seem to be all about the real estate and the accountancy bottom line. They've IMHO dangerously taken their eye off the ball as regards the only thing that matters to anybody that buys a match ticket which is the playing side and a bit of entertainment for yer money. Sad to say, might actually take a brush with relegation to make them re-focus on what counts to anybody in the stands.

Had a conversation today and used those exact words ' taken their eye off the ball' . Academy, pies, programmes, stadium, hotels, corporate packages etc, etc, etc. Its about the football stupid, to paraphrase Bill Clinton. The fans, us are awakening to the lack of one ambition that there is at board level. I am now expecting some last minute Harley and Dobbie esk signings to attempt to assuage the fans, sorry customers as we now are. Poor football, no entertainment and no wins equals no sales, corporates, shops sales, poor attendance and a decrease in revenue.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We will know by end of the month (potentially giving away 15 points in the process) If we get loans in like Conway and Lingard, we might have some hope. If they are Andrews and Obika equivalents, we will have to put up with below average.

To me it feels like something going on, the shares thing the other day and best most valuable players going and currently nothing to replace with. But wont lose the faith yet.

See, this is where I'm at. It worries me a lot more that posters like you are saying things like this. Had another chat on twitter today with a sane, realistic, intelligent guy who like me is in his forties and takes his kids. He reckoned if we sold Buckley we wouldn't reinvest a penny. Now this may or may not be true. The point is that articulate people who understand the club have to survive are now questioning the way we're being run.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be honest the signings or lack of make it look that way. What do you think will happen in the next two and a bit weeks? They didn't think Grabban was worth the extra wages but Bournemouth did then promptly made an extra £2m, they then quickly re invested and brought in the lad from Coventry. Who I might add would of been a great signing for us. If we are going to sign someone then sign them what are we waiting for?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
See, this is where I'm at. It worries me a lot more that posters like you are saying things like this. Had another chat on twitter today with a sane, realistic, intelligent guy who like me is in his forties and takes his kids. He reckoned if we sold Buckley we wouldn't reinvest a penny. Now this may or may not be true. The point is that articulate people who understand the club have to survive are now questioning the way we're being run.

Absolutely agree sir. It just doesn't feel right to me and that's nothing to say something is happening because I haven't got a clue really, as to what really is. As I mentioned on my twitter feed yesterday, all the time under Oscar I went home disappointed in some results but yesterday I felt angered, haven't felt like that for years at a game. I just hope that the board and TB get it right now so that it gives us something to cheer about, The Amex is feeling a bit gloomy atm, will do us good a bit of excitement.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why is he letting a pathetic display like yesterday happen then ? We need the players now not in a few weeks, if you were there yesterday then you would have known that

I was there yesterday. Both squads on display yesterday will be added to in the next three weeks, I don't think any Championship side has finished their squad building.
I reckon there are two ways to hasten the deals for players who might be holding out, one is paying over the top, to the degree where the target player or club holding the contract of the target player, is pretty sure they will not get a better deal. The other is to make a take it or leave it offer, early in the window this method would likely get a leave it response, later in the window it might work.

If we pay over the top, we would no doubt see a thread from some TWUNT asking us if we had lost faith in Burke as he clearly overpaid for "x" player, or asking how come "Y" player is on £3k a week more than "Z" player at another club.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There is nothing wrong with that point of view but for all we know we have had Ronaldo and Messi lined up and they failed the medicals. Unfortunately most of us aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes and have to either trust those that are or just give up. I think the least we can do is wait until the window closes before we judge whether we are competitive or not and what we do as fans about that. Yes I understand the point of view that we could well lose points in the meantime but given the choice of barn door now or Ronaldo on deadline day I know which I would choose

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
There is nothing wrong with that point of view but for all we know we have had Ronaldo and Messi lined up and they failed the medicals. Unfortunately most of us aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes and have to either trust those that are or just give up. I think the least we can do is wait until the window closes before we judge whether we are competitive or not and what we do as fans about that. Yes I understand the point of view that we could well lose points in the meantime but given the choice of barn door now or Ronaldo on deadline day I know which I would choose

See that is right also, we need to wait and see what happens

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

See that is right also, we need to wait and see what happens

Fair point, well agreed with. The thread I started last night was on the caveat that we had many irons in many fires. May they come to fruition.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
You cannot for one minute think that we won't be buying/loaning a few players between now and sept.........

Surely I cannot be wrong??

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To be honest the signings or lack of make it look that way. What do you think will happen in the next two and a bit weeks? They didn't think Grabban was worth the extra wages but Bournemouth did then promptly made an extra £2m, they then quickly re invested and brought in the lad from Coventry. Who I might add would of been a great signing for us. If we are going to sign someone then sign them what are we waiting for?

We will make signings in the next two and a bit weeks, the deadline as far as players are concerned is end of window, not start of season.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
You cannot for one minute think that we won't be buying/loaning a few players between now and sept.........

Surely I cannot be wrong??
Your right, I'm hoping. The players we get in have to improve the squad from what we now have drastically, while also hoping we don't throw away too many points in the process. The first 5 matches are equally important as the last 5. We could go on and win the next 4 by end of August anyway and this is all nonsense.. This isn't betwetting as some say, its caring for the club we support.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
People used to say that about Dick Tight and the alternative was a lot better

In that case, that alternative is what we've got now. In all fairness we've had a very successful couple of seasons and I think we've been a bit spoilt. The alternative now could be some oil rich Arab buying the club and no-one wants that. However, what we have got, is what a lot of league clubs, including championship sides would give their right arms for.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Your right, I'm hoping. The players we get in have to improve the squad from what we now have drastically, while also hoping we don't throw away too many points in the process. The first 5 matches are equally important as the last 5. We could go on and win the next 4 by end of August anyway and this is all nonsense.. This isn't betwetting as some say, its caring for the club we support.

I'm also guessing, that because of the World Cup, transfers for championship clubs have been delayed somewhat.... I might be completely wrong of course.
I just don't believe our hierarchy are that naive and believe we have a squad capable of sustaining a promotion/play off charge. Am expecting things to happen quite quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports