Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are you a so called working class Conservative ?

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
No such thing as working class Tories, there are those who care about others and there are those who mantra is 'I'm alright Jack and sod everyone else'

I am a working class Tory who has always helped people and when my sister lnlaws husband died leaving 3 girls under eight and a building project steped up to the plate. I tend to find those whose views are opposite to mine bang on about poverty and food banks(i contribute) but when it comes to actually personally helping wouldn't give you there used shit paper.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
“The opportunities are there for anyone who wants it”.

Sounds like you have led a rather sheltered life. Open your eyes.

Does it? You make assumptions like that about people online you have never met or know very little about - yet I am the one who should open my eyes...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've said it a hundred times, the general public are generally morons.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Have you used the NHS recently? It is brilliant, but suffering from increased customer numbers, expectations and demands.

I had a minor, but, rather important operation on Thursday. I was chatting with the medics during the op, and the general consensus amongst them, was the NHS was in crisis, and going to get worse.

When I got back to the ward, all the afternoon planned operations had to be cancelled, due to one member of staff going sick, and an emergency procedure coming in, and all of Fridays, possibly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd argue that point, mismanagement of funds and a top heavy structure. Way too many managers but it is old school government run.

Far far from it.

I sit on a big training and education committee. The game is competing for funds, one trust taking over another, and those who should run things delegating management to managers and structures THEY (the medics) create. The medics are firmly in control. The trouble is that most medics have no idea about doing anything other than healing the sick. ???

It is a rum enbuggeration, to be sure. But it is definitely not old school government run (unless you think setting one trust against another is old school).

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Exactly. What have they done with their majority so far?

Well, they’ve pushed through a Brexit bill that’s not fit for purpose, given MP’s an extra month’s holiday a year and they’ve passed a law prohibiting any thing they do from being ruled unlawful.

And people really believe the Tory party are acting in their best interests?

Regardless of what you may think of them, they've been in office for almost ten years. I would therefore assume they are either doing something right or the opposition is not worth a w**k. Take your pick.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This thread was soon infected by the usual doom and gloom merchants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a minor, but, rather important operation on Thursday. I was chatting with the medics during the op, and the general consensus amongst them, was the NHS was in crisis, and going to get worse.

When I got back to the ward, all the afternoon planned operations had to be cancelled, due to one member of staff going sick, and an emergency procedure coming in, and all of Fridays, possibly.

But if you had flashed the cash you could have jumped the queue.

The game is now rigged perfectly - if the agenda were to slowly destroy the NHS. The NHS is loved so this is a long game - death by 1000 cuts....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The game is now rigged perfectly - if the agenda were to slowly destroy the NHS. The NHS is loved so this is a long game - death by 1000 cuts....

Run it down and then claim we can no longer afford it and blame the drunks and junkies

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

My op, was something that i have had twice before, and has to be repeated up to every 10 years,( an ICD box replacement, due to low battery life) the previous two have been an overnight stay, this one, was in and out in 4 hours due to pressure on beds.
I believe there is pressure on the frontline staff to turnover beds as quickly as possible, and, sometimes that isn’t in the patient’s best interest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This thread was soon infected by the usual doom and gloom merchants.

They’ve been hiding under rocks (on the subject of politics) since December 12th, now a mass and bitter venting of spleens. Really, really angry that hardly anyone jumped aboard Project Corbyn.

Whatever happened to the urban myths - millions of new voters will elect Corbyn, a rainy December day will keep the non-youth vote at home, tactical voting in Lewes, Hastings and so on will destroy the Tories?

It could’ve been so different. A non-Marxist Labour Party and Manifesto would’ve been far more palatable to ‘middle’ England and Wales.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Till you lose your job or suffer bad health

Look at all the ''Non Working Class'' Conservatives who had the option of increases in their Benefits a month ago and they didn't even have the sense to tick the correct box in a Voting Slip

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The beginning of 5 years of hand wringing. An arrogance from some Corbyn voters, who deem themselves an intellectual cut above anyone who didn’t fancy the Marxist package as being best for our future.

Let’s never forget too that Corbyn was and is career blatantly anti-EU, before NSC revisionism portrays him as a champion of our membership of the EU.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My op, was something that i have had twice before, and has to be repeated up to every 10 years,( an ICD box replacement, due to low battery life) the previous two have been an overnight stay, this one, was in and out in 4 hours due to pressure on beds.
I believe there is pressure on the frontline staff to turnover beds as quickly as possible, and, sometimes that isn’t in the patient’s best interest.

I trust it went well - my best wishes!

But, yes, bed pressure is the tool used to inform clinical decision making which is....actually wrong.

My view is that the NHS would be a lot cheaper if systems and employment were not so slewed towards cost cutting. This is a rigged game where the number of staff required to monitor and manage cost cutting outweighs the savings made.

Douglas Adams wrote about the shoe event horizon. The plan here, if I were a free marked conservative, would be to facilitate an NHS event horizon where every attempt to make it more efficient made it more expensive. Then it would die. This may be close at hand but, as we all love the NHS, the death may be tricky to manage....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here