Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a big thumber ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
God, you get ratty when you're tired Easy10.
2 o'clock a.m. Goodness me.

Not ratty in the slightest old chap. I was just giving my take on the thumbs debate whilst finishing off a cheeky bottle of red.

Plenty of people seem to like them, collect them, pay attention to them, fair enough. Just I'm not one of em.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit like Facebook having a "Don't Like" button, which I think is often discussed but always resisted. Probably because of the reasons given by posters above.

Maybe Facebook should have a "You ok hun ?" button, or a "Sending hugs" button. That'd at least eliminate about 65% of the pointless drivel on there in one fell swoop.

(ok, that was quite ratty)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not prolific

Sent: 141 up, 3 down
Received: 245 up, 12 down

As others have said, I usually give a thumbs up instead of quoting the post and saying "THIS" or :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thumbs Up Received 141
Thumbs Down Received 5
Thumbs Up Given 237
Thumbs Down Given 5

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I give a lot, apparently:

Given:
Up: 586
Down: 20

Received:
Up: 660
Down: 22

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe Facebook should have a "You ok hun ?" button, or a "Sending hugs" button. That'd at least eliminate about 65% of the pointless drivel on there in one fell swoop.

(ok, that was quite ratty)

I'd go for a "You're a complete cvnt mate" button.

Not you Easy I didn't mean that.......

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Quite a big-thumber though I've made an effort to reign in the thumbs down this year. As Easy says, it is lazy but sometimes I really don't think anything other than: 'I agree' so quoting and replying would be pointless. Why would I want to ruin someone's time on here by making them leap for joy at being quoted, basking in the thrill of attention, they'll click on the notification hoping the user has made an engaging response to which they can reply to an intellectual manner only to find the post is nothing more than a ":tosser:". Thumbs work fine for that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like the thumbs up / thumbs down option. I have 3 criteria:

1. If the post makes me laugh I give it a thumbs up.
2. If the post is about something I regard as important and they are spot on I give it a thumbs up.
3. If the poster has posted like a CJTC on something I regard as important I give it a thumbs down. Usually this is only reserved for: "I've just left the match at half-time, we're 2-0 down and doomed" or "Ed Miliband would make a great Prime Minister, he is the answer to our prayers".

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Quite a big-thumber though I've made an effort to reign in the thumbs down this year. As Easy says, it is lazy but sometimes I really don't think anything other than: 'I agree' so quoting and replying would be pointless. Why would I want to ruin someone's time on here by making them leap for joy at being quoted, basking in the thrill of attention, they'll click on the notification hoping the user has made an engaging response to which they can reply to an intellectual manner only to find the post is nothing more than a ":tosser:". Thumbs work fine for that.

:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
All the thumbs I give out are down because I am mean and Nasty. Most I get are also down, they are from jelous types and bitter intellectually defeated enemies.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here