Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a big thumber ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not prolific

Sent: 141 up, 3 down
Received: 245 up, 12 down

As others have said, I usually give a thumbs up instead of quoting the post and saying "THIS" or :thumbsup:
I agree. If someone makes a good point giving a 'thumbs up' as opposed to posting a reply that is really no more than "I agree" saves cluttering up a thread with loads of almost irrelevant posts.

MUCH better than the 'rep' system that we had for a while. Now that was useless, how can you get (or lose) a 'reputation' just for having an opinion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to know what the 6 posts were that I deemed worthy of a thumbs down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It could be that people have a vision of you in Lycra .
No, the 6 posts I thought needed downing.
I've received millions of downers.

There are some sick funks on NSC and in the real world, but nobody is visioning me in lycra.
That is way beyond the outer reaches of society.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, the 6 posts I thought needed downing.
I've received millions of downers.

There are some sick funks on NSC and in the real world, but nobody is visioning me in lycra.
That is way beyond the outer reaches of society.

I think most fair minded individuals only give the odd thumbs down, I may have given you one or two in the past myself but, it isn't personal, It's just that I don't agree with a certain post.

If you do get a huge amount of thumbs down it's invariably because some crank is getting his jollies from downing or that your name is Bushy. If you look at the posts on here most people thumb up a lot more than they ever thumbs down so if you have taken a few from someone let it pass and don't lose sleep.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Thumbs Up Received 15
Thumbs Down Received 0
Thumbs Up Given 51
Thumbs Down Given 2

I keep my thumbs to myself...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think most fair minded individuals only give the odd thumbs down, I may have given you one or two in the past myself but, it isn't personal, It's just that I don't agree with a certain post.

If you do get a huge amount of thumbs down it's invariably because some crank is getting his jollies from downing or that your name is Bushy. If you look at the posts on here most people thumb up a lot more than they ever thumbs down so if you have taken a few from someone let it pass and don't lose sleep.
Yeah the fall into 3 distinct categories:-

1 - Fair enough our opinions differ.
B - I asked for that, like baiting my fellow car drivers.
3 - My 'fans'.
They oddest of all oddities, they'd down me for typing good morning.

Obviously no prizes for guessing who my favourites are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here