Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to be in a relegation battle

Are we going to be in a relegation battle?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our forwards are proving no better than the League One forwards that they are. One goal in 10 games from four forwards is frankly pathetic, quite how you can state we are too good to go down with the forwards we currently have is suspect...to me.

I think we'll be OK but only if we get in a quality striker or one of the ones we have starts to play like a Championship player.

Which Championship striker do you suggest we sign? Good 20goal a season strikers are rarer than hens teeth,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which Championship striker do you suggest we sign? Good 20goal a season strikers are rarer than hens teeth,

Personally would have tried for Becchio, but that's not the point is it? Our forwards are not up to this division on the strength of the 1/5th season so far. Keep this record up and between them they'll score 5 goals this season :lolol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I cannot believe people are seriously suggesting we could go down. That's absolute nonsense. Look at the players we have. Alright, some of the new ones haven't clicked yet, but even so. Lua-Lua, March, Holla, Colunga, Crofts, Stockdale, Dunk, Ince, even Bruno. They are all very good Championship players, they're not relegation players. The phrase 'too good to go down' is always a worry, but we are too good to go down. We'll be comfortably top half. I predict we'll finish in a similar position to where we did in the first season at the Amex.

I also predict that at some point after a few wins there will be 'Could we make automatic promotion?' threads on here. Followed by 'Hyypia has to go' and 'We're going to get sucked into a relegation battle' a few weeks later after a bad run.

One word: Wolves.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I do not think we will go down but yes we are going to be fighting near the bottom so I think we are going to be in one.

If need be we will sign a reasonable quality striker on loan so I am not worried at this stage.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I very much doubt it - a new manager and lots of change within the squad was always going to mean a period of transition.

It'll click soon and we'll go on a run. I fully expect us to destroy a team at some point - a good old-fashioned rout. A GUBBING.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I. I fully expect us to destroy a team at some point - a good old-fashioned rout. A GUBBING.

I've been predicting this for a season or so, still waiting! :lolol:

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
My prediction is 8 / 10th. The new style will click in a week or so and we'll be away. However, we have lost too many points now to easily challenge for a playoff position, to do so we'll need some luck with the competitions results during the run in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, we are sleepwalking towards relegation.

Paying the price for selling Leo and not adequately replacing him.

:nono:

All is not yet lost.

We still have a chance in the January window to buy the striker that will save our season.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It seems like most teams in the league made better signings than us and also did their business a lot earlier on in pre-season. Our performances haven't been that bad this season but I'm not convinced that we are going to score enough goals to stave off the threat of relegation.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I'll be surprised if we aren't in the play-offs. I'm much more positive than last season and feel we'll go on a run similar to Palace a couple of seasons ago when they struggled early on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here