Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to be in a relegation battle

Are we going to be in a relegation battle?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope, I believe we'll get it right sooner rather than later. The question is more how we will do it. Will we suddenly start to spank sides 6-4 or will Sami retreat in to his shell like Poyet did when we started conceding cheap goals?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Same logic applies, September and 7 games for Christ sake , do you really think that clubs like Charlton and Brentford will be up there at the death ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same logic applies, September and 7 games for Christ sake , do you really think that clubs like Charlton and Brentford will be up there at the death ?

Charlton could well be this years Burnley imo, not sure why you'd just write them off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Charlton could well be this years Burnley imo, not sure why you'd just write them off.

I agree; Charlton have a decent side and are unbeaten for a reason. The fact that we looked so good against them for long spells the other week (and dominated in terms of possession and chances) should be enough to give confidence that we're not one of the 3 worst teams in the division.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Agree with the sentiment and I do find it laughable when fans start singing songs about going up the football league 10 games in the season but I can certainly see Brentford up there come the end. Lots of forward momentum, signed a lot of decent players in the Summer, a relatively settled side used to playing the attractive style of football the manager wants. I would certainly expect them to be upper mid table at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not if we're down by Christmas.
It'll be more of a relegation whimper.

SAC

May 21, 2014
My crystal ball says no but as someone has already posted, there is often one team that you don’t expect to struggle but does. However, I fully expect that after Blackpool, with 10 points on the board, someone will be posting about the chances of automatic promotion. A loss against Blackpool would be very worrying but I can't see it happening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another top quality thread.

Football forum talking about football. Can we not discuss the fact that Brighton might get relegated or are we now such a big club that this cannot happen? Maybe you'd like to improve the quality of the threads by starting a more thrilling one of your own?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This thread would only be pertinent if we were in the Premier League with 7 points after 7 games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think we'd be quite upbeat and talking about staying up in those circumstances. :wink:

Apart from "those" NSCers saying we had already thrown away any chances of qualifying for Europe :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Part of the problem with all this talk is the fact that all the tables have the play-off and relegation places marked out from Day 1. This makes people teams down the bottom at this relatively early stages are pretty doomed, and teams at the top are in with a shout. I'm sure that years ago they never used to have them until a few games to go.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Whilst we are 2 points above the relegation zone it could be considered that we are in as much a relegation battle as the top ten clubs believe they are now fighting for promotion.

I don't believe we will get relegated but we will be battling against relegation until we reach around 50pts.

Even that requires an improved points gathering than we are presently achieving.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Part of the problem with all this talk is the fact that all the tables have the play-off and relegation places marked out from Day 1. This makes people teams down the bottom at this relatively early stages are pretty doomed, and teams at the top are in with a shout. I'm sure that years ago they never used to have them until a few games to go.

I don't think they printed them until after 10 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here