Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes. Agreed. Its frustrating for the (many) clubs that do stick within the rules including us. Points deductions would be a better sanction in some cases. Although how thats possible when clubs are no longer in the EFL is of course interesting.

Deduct them enough points so they don't go up. Simples.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You are talking nonsense. I predicted a loss of £20 million about six months ago, and explained at the time that it would be within FFP because of the following

Reported accounting losses £20 million
Add back: Youth development costs £3-4 million at least according to people I speak to at other clubs)
Depreciation of stadium etc £5 million (per last year accounts )
FFP loss £11-12 million

If there was one moderator on here I expected to come back with belittlement, it was you. Points go to you. Idiot. I asked a question I did not make a statement in my opening post.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So basically, what I say, we are cheating the FFP. We can't really sit here on our high horses any more and say we did it fairly, assuming we do.

This thread has run 4 pages and several people have pointed out that you're incorrect, yet you still come to that conclusion. Is there any point continuing?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My predictive text again kicked in then think I meant 'a bit shit'. Yes you're right, it has worked ok on that side. But the problem is the ones going up and then the fine is nothing to them. Also, the QPR thing a complete joke & the 'waiting til they come down' to punish thing pretty lame.

QPR have been down for 18 months and still nothing has been done. All that is happening is that Fernandes' very aggressive and very expensive lawyers are making a fortune from their arguments with the EFL.

Remember the FFP fine (which should be in the region of £50 million) goes to charity. So QPR's owners are denying the sick, the needy and the elderly.

Expect to see a fudge agreement be announced in a few months and a fine in the region of £8-10 million with each side claiming that they are happy with the settlement.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This thread has run 4 pages and several people have pointed out that you're incorrect, yet you still come to that conclusion. Is there any point continuing?

Well that is fine, lets come back to it in a few months and see where we stand on FFP.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
So we are still the almighty breaking no rules. I'm satisfied.

It's too early in the morning for lengthy debates! But there's no evidence of rule breaking and the 3 year £39m losses commence from 15/16. As an earlier poster has pointed out to which you also responded, we may have to cut our cloth accordingly in a couple of years time. Having said that, if we don't get promotion this season, I expect the players that we have rejected bids for in the summer will be allowed to move on for substantial fees.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are talking nonsense. I predicted a loss of £20 million about six months ago, and explained at the time that it would be within FFP because of the following

Reported accounting losses £20 million
Add back: Youth development costs £3-4 million at least according to people I speak to at other clubs)
Depreciation of stadium etc £5 million (per last year accounts )
FFP loss £11-12 million

Excellent :clap2: Thanks. So nothing to worry about on the FFP side - Tony Bloom's pockets on the other hand.... Football clubs just aren't sustainable in the football league are they. We charge fans a lot, have amazing attendances and a very professional set-up yet still lose that. Worrying!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well that is fine, lets come back to it in a few months and see where we stand on FFP.

Why are you so keen for us to be failing something we're not mate?! Has the Rev hacked your account?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
QPR have been down for 18 months and still nothing has been done. All that is happening is that Fernandes' very aggressive and very expensive lawyers are making a fortune from their arguments with the EFL.

Remember the FFP fine (which should be in the region of £50 million) goes to charity. So QPR's owners are denying the sick, the needy and the elderly.

Expect to see a fudge agreement be announced in a few months and a fine in the region of £8-10 million with each side claiming that they are happy with the settlement.

Does it not get divided up among the clubs anymore?

Did it at all? Or have I just made that up?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If there was one moderator on here I expected to come back with belittlement, it was you. Points go to you. Idiot. I asked a question I did not make a statement in my opening post.

No, but you made a statement here

So basically, what I say, we are cheating the FFP.

Therefore you are the ****wit in the conversation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does it not get divided up among the clubs anymore?

Did it at all? Or have I just made that up?!

The EFL lawyers concluded that if the fine was split between the remaining clubs it would not be legally enforceable, therefore they changed the rules so that the FFP tax would be given to charity.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Disgusting eh. Rules are rules. I'm sure last year it was said the whole thing was close to being settled (like you say for about £8mil or something)? I came across the article not long ago. Never happened then!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why are you so keen for us to be failing something we're not mate?! Has the Rev hacked your account?

You seriously think I want us to fail? Seriously? You have no idea of me. I am just hauling back all those that call other clubs cheats because they overspend. We WILL overspend. But if we are in the Prem it doesn't really matter. But we should stop calling other clubs cheats when we overspend ourselves.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Don't think he is or was,the opening thread included a question -Are we cheats? That question was made on the basis of our somewhat heavier than recent seasons loss,but FFP rules have changed and as El Pres has predicted as also a few others too,what with the new rules starting this season & the ability to expand the losses over 3 seasons,the OP was merely asking the question.....that's my take anyway.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

To which, the EFL are no doubt having to fund their own very expensive legal team to respond to QPR''s challenge, which is taking valuable money out of the football league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here