Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are The Beatles the greatest band of all time?

Are The Beatles the greatest band of all time?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Every one a classic...... :lolol:

[yt]Dr7wD3NRcUI[/yt]

I'm confused where anyone in this thread has said EVERY SINGLE SONG was a stone cold classic? You're arguing with a brick wall.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stones ...Sympathy with the Devil 1968
Beatle ... Hey Jude 1968.

Different styles of music. Stones every day for me. Don't mind if the Beatle come on the radio - nice tunes - but I've never bought one of their records. Too soft for my liking.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Beatles were, IMHO trail blazers of pop music, The Yardbirds, agree re guitar bands, there were lots of bands that started various Genres, Pistols,
Bowie etc, not sure about 1D starting anything useful.

Pop music is simply popular music, of which Elvis beat them to it. Like them he influenced fashion etc on his way to God like status.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You couldn't call me a Beatles 'fan', so they sound daft without being one. Similarly, I'm no Michael Jackson fan to appreciate he did turn out a few decent tunes.

Yours is a pathological hatred using reasons that don't mean anything.

'They killed rock & roll'.
'They were a boy band'.
'They jumped on the back of every craze'.

Wot?

We can agree to disagree Mr The Large One.

Your not right though about the pathological hatred as I am not obsessed by them, but it could turn into Psychological hatred if I had to listen to them for to long !

Have a good evening Sir.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stones ...Sympathy with the Devil 1968
Beatle ... Hey Jude 1968.

Different styles of music. Stones every day for me. Don't mind if the Beatle come on the radio - nice tunes - but I've never bought one of their records. Too soft for my liking.

Helter Skelter is much heavier than Sympathy For The Devil?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Beatles were a fantastic, groundbreaking band, however, not everything they did worked but that's what happens when yopu push the boundaries. Another top fantastic, groundbreaking singer was David Bowie but everyone conveniently forgets his " The Laughing Gnome ".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We can agree to disagree Mr The Large One.

Your not right though about the pathological hatred as I am not obsessed by them, but it could turn into Psychological hatred if I had to listen to them for to long !

Have a good evening Sir.

It sounds as if you had some bad experiences as a youngster that clearly would've coloured your opinion, and fair enough.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pop music is simply popular music, of which Elvis beat them to it. Like them he influenced fashion etc on his way to God like status.

Good looking, a reasonable voice. Oh and white........don't forget white.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Beatles were a fantastic, groundbreaking band, however, not everything they did worked but that's what happens when yopu push the boundaries. Another top fantastic, groundbreaking singer was David Bowie but everyone conveniently forgets his " The Laughing Gnome ".

:::cough::: The Frog Chorus

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I fell is my all time favourite Beatles track as John Lennon sang it to my mum when she was at a concert of theirs and she was at the side of the stage and he kept looking at her seemly!

In my life is a magnificent song.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Good looking, a reasonable voice. Oh and white........don't forget white.

He was probably a better singer than the Beatles. They were quite good vocally, but plenty of other better singers at the time like Allan Clarke from the Hollies or Paul Jones from Manfred Mann.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it? Most of their music and certainly everything before 1966/67 sounds horribly dated to me.

I'd argue that Norwegian Wood and In My Life still sound pretty good, most of the rest pre 67 I'd agree is somewhat bland

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was probably a better singer than the Beatles. They were quite good vocally, but plenty of other better singers at the time like Allan Clarke from the Hollies or Paul Jones from Manfred Mann.

Elvis was a good looking white boy with not a ha'penny of talent of some of the emerging black artists at the time in the States. They are too numerous to mention here on a pop music thread.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here