Are Palace.......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suppose it is the nature of the beast unfortunately, A thread could be started in light heart or just general to give information but because of our rivalry they will always have some form of angst to them from some posters. Shame really as some posters take off there red n blue/white n blue tinted specs and realize there is more to it in the general football world then rivalry.

To be honest - I am just not interested in any Palace perspective. In small numbers they can be easily ignored, but at the moment it is not easy. And I suspect it puts off NSC regulars - so the impact appears even greater. NSC is not great at the moment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To be honest - I am just not interested in any Palace perspective. In small numbers they can be easily ignored, but at the moment it is not easy. And I suspect it puts off NSC regulars - so the impact appears even greater. NSC is not great at the moment.

Personally I like the fact that Palace fans are allowed to join in on threads, there are a few dickheads who troll and talk shit but then we have plenty of Brighton knobheads who do that as well. Banning Palace or sending them to an away end will not get rid of all the trolls.

Maybe we should have a Knobhead End for trolls of all persuasion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But the ones we are sticking our ore in are threads about palace ? It would be like starting a thread about brighton on hol/bbs and not expecting any input from brighton fans ???

If only !!!

It used be like that, but in the last month this board has turned into Palace Stand Chat, with Palace goons butting in everywhere, including into threads specifically about the albion.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011

So as stated why start threads involving/naming palace or palace players/potential and expect no input from palace fans about it? I'm sure arsenal make threads about the spuds, pompey about southampton etc with input the same as you have here. And like stated there are threads regarding brighton on bbs/hol but no one is flouncing from there because of it, it's just that we have a section of the board were away fans views trolled or serious can be heard and banter can be written without people feeling the need to stop posting because the rivals from up the road are posting in threads regarding them. Some palace do it for the banter some just want to give you the perspective to something that has been quoted like the dobbie/gayle/whatever it is now thread.
IMO what hurt these people was the fact palace beat you to go on to the final and get promoted you can see it in there responses to posts just like the OP did when starting this one, until a few put him in his place, the few that actually see sense in a football supporters perspective not a rivalry one.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Personally I like the fact that Palace fans are allowed to join in on threads, there are a few dickheads who troll and talk shit but then we have plenty of Brighton knobheads who do that as well. Banning Palace or sending them to an away end will not get rid of all the trolls.

Maybe we should have a Knobhead End for trolls of all persuasion.

I have no objection to the Albion idiots. They are our idiots. I see no advantage in providing a home for the Palace ones. It changes the nature of the board - and not for the better in my view.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
If only !!!

It used be like that, but in the last month this board has turned into Palace Stand Chat, with Palace goons butting in everywhere, including into threads specifically about the albion.

Well there I won't post I'll have a look but there have been some threads (house music) that I thought I would add my 2p worth too but because I'm palace it won't be taken seriously.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So as stated why start threads involving/naming palace or palace players/potential and expect no input from palace fans about it?

I don't. Some Albion fans do, but there seems to be more at the moment, partly I suspect as a response to the number of Palace posters. So there is a cumulative spiral. And it is just dull. Really dull.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well there I won't post I'll have a look but there have been some threads (house music) that I thought I would add my 2p worth too but because I'm palace it won't be taken seriously.

I don't think posting on those threads should matter, it's the albion specific ones which are the problem recently.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So as stated why start threads involving/naming palace or palace players/potential and expect no input from palace fans about it?

Now I see this as a real arrogant view, perhaps I am wrong.
A Palace fan advising Brighton fans what they should or should not post on a Brighton message board, when on the BBS once an away fan is known to be just that, they are not allowed to post anywhere else other than on the away forum. Even though they are talking about Brighton in all the other sections.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013

A Palace fan advising Brighton fans what they should or should not post on a Brighton message board, when on the BBS once an away fan is known to be just that, they are not allowed to post anywhere else other than on the away forum. Even though they are talking about Brighton in all the other sections.

Away fans can post anywhere. There is a very low threshold of tolerance in General Palace Discussion (lower than on here) but there are plenty of away fans able to post in there (including still a number of Brighton fans). Acting like a tit will get you banned from the Palace sections of the board, but you can still post in most forums (World of Football, etc).

Acting like a total fulepiece gets you restricted to the Away Fans Forum, where the tolerance is way way higher than on here.

Other than the Palace forums and the Away Fans end, most sections have the same tolerance as on here.

Whichever board you post on or club you support, if you're not a dick you seem to tend to be ok.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have no objection to Palace fans posting anywhere on NSC and am always interested to see how Albion are perceived by fans of other clubs (though I will allow for the fact that views of some fans of rival clubs will be distorted by antipathy).

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011

I didn't say that you should not post on them, I was pointing out that you shouldn't feel surprised when a palace fan/troll has some input on it.

As for the bbs I go on there mainly in the away as I like the banter as do some of your posters, And to say well it's just abuse from them and starting threads about us, is that just not whats happening here. what was it "thanks palace for paying this for dobbie, ha ha palace are paying this for gayle, palace will be relegated etc", Can't you see both these sites mirror image each other just that bbs has an away end for the wily waiving/piss take threads, GPD about palace world of football normal chat etc, here it's just on the main and why many of your good threads get hijacked or moved down the pecking order.

And you do have a couple of posters that are well known on BBS (wigman/fur cough) respected for there input in the main and take the banter in the away, and not act like total pricks (some actually don't get the banter, some were gracious in defeat and promotion who were idiots beforehand) I'm sure palace fans and some of yours alike will agree that the major/phallus/17 years plus and whatever incarnation he will be next is the equivalent to one of our worst trolls/wum and he posts crap on your own board as well as BBS. :smile:

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Away fans can post anywhere. There is a very low threshold of tolerance in General Palace Discussion (lower than on here) but there are plenty of away fans able to post in there (including still a number of Brighton fans). Acting like a tit will get you banned from the Palace sections of the board, but you can still post in most forums (World of Football, etc).

Acting like a total fulepiece gets you restricted to the Away Fans Forum, where the tolerance is way way higher than on here.

Other than the Palace forums and the Away Fans end, most sections have the same tolerance as on here.

Whichever board you post on or club you support, if you're not a dick you seem to tend to be ok.[/b

The thing is most away fans tend to head straight for the away end to be a dick (usually after a defeat or majors bore about attendance), then wonder why there not taken seriously or allowed in the main. Again would most probably be the same here if they had split sections.

Wigan won the FA Cup last year, so no, I sincerely hope that Palace do NOT become the next Wigan.

Mind you, that's just sour grapes on my part; I don't really want to sound 'Scottish' and be pleased just because Palace don't win anything. Time to forget about them for a bit (as they're now streets ahead of us again) and concentrate on getting our own house in order with the hope of eventually emulating them.

What a crock of shit.

How are Palace streets ahead of us ? They may be playing in a higher league next season but the majority of Albion (and others) would recognise that the Albion had a better squad/team than Palace last season - the final league table indicates that. Palace managed to win a mini cup competition tagged onto the end of the season - a competition they very nearly didn't get into until 10 minutes from the end of the last game.

Anyone who saw the Playoff game at Selhurst would know that Albion were the better side that day and very little difference in the two teams at the Amex. Apart from their Premiership place (and the financial rewards that come with it) what would you want that Palace have? Mind you there are several Prem sides that I wouldn't want to swap places with.

Come this time next season I should imagine you will be back happy with supporting the Albion rather than the plastics from Selhurst.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
What a crock of shit.

How are Palace streets ahead of us ? They may be playing in a higher league next season but the majority of Albion (and others) would recognise that the Albion had a better squad/team than Palace last season - the final league table indicates that. Palace managed to win a mini cup competition tagged onto the end of the season - a competition they very nearly didn't get into until 10 minutes from the end of the last game.

Anyone who saw the Playoff game at Selhurst would know that Albion were the better side that day and very little difference in the two teams at the Amex. Apart from their Premiership place (and the financial rewards that come with it) what would you want that Palace have? Mind you there are several Prem sides that I wouldn't want to swap places with.

Come this time next season I should imagine you will be back happy with supporting the Albion rather than the plastics from Selhurst.

Still hurting eh Phallus? :D

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
What a crock of shit.

Here she is to spout her crap. Even your own fans don't take you seriously mate, your a joke.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
the new Wigan?

No one in their league dislikes them, no one else really cares, ain't gonna win Jack, smallest crowds in their division, just there to make up the numbers, and many other patronising put downs etc etc?

Whereas....

BHAFC are now comfortably the biggest club in their division (crowds and future prospects), another new flair manager, on the downside we ain't got the Premiership budget yet, but overall I say Google 'em, we ARE the biggest club outside of the Premier League.

Right Oscar, it's not about aspirations anymore, it's about expectations.

It's 5 weeks till kick off, let's get the swagger back, let's get arrogant again, ALBION, ALBION!!!!!!!!

Like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports