Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Palace.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is the Palarse that managed to get into the Premier League when they were odds on to be relegated last year? I think you ought to move on.

So what? New season, new challenges.

Get over last season, we are 5 weeks from kick off, should we not sing anymore cos Palace are in the Prem? We have had a very long period of uncertainty and self assessment, time to grow some balls again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No problem with THINKING we are the biggest club in the league. Not sure many other clubs would agree though

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I am trying to work out how your response in any way relates to my post. Sleep well as you probably have a long day at school tomorrow. x.

So what? New season, new challenges.

Get over last season, we are 5 weeks from kick off, should we not sing anymore cos Palace are in the Prem? We have had a very long period of uncertainty and self assessment, time to grow some balls again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The whole 'big club' argument is a load of bollocks. History counts for nothing.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Birmingham
Bolton
Derby
Leeds
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Forest
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

and maybe QPR and Reading (fractionally)

Be confident, be proud, and sing for Brighton!

Or alternatively go home cos the big boys are in town?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not saying we don't have the potential to be more successful or bigger but right now potential is all we have despite that potential being large.

Having had the biggest home crowds in the division is the realisation of the potential that we knew we had when it comes to support.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Having had the biggest home crowds in the division is the realisation of the potential that we knew we had when it comes to support.

I do agree that the support is there, we just need success on the pitch to match it :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Be confident, be proud, and sing for Brighton!

Or alternatively go home cos the big boys are in town?

No.

I support Brighton irrespective of whether we are a 'bigger' club than someone else or not, not because we are able to somehow make out we're a bigger club.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

support doesn't equate success or size - only when we are in the prem, and ESTABLISHED in the prem can be even consider calling ourselves a 'Big' club. Until then, we're just a medium sized club with some pretty awesome potential.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The whole 'big club' argument is a load of bollocks. History counts for nothing.

Its quite enjoyable singing "You're not a big club any more" at away games :lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I do but realise other clubs won't let us just walk all over them.

I agree that not everyone will like it, but it is time to take on a winning attitude. This should include humility when necessary, but must include an element of arrogance too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree that not everyone will like it, but it is time to take on a winning attitude. This should include humility when necessary, but must include an element of arrogance too.

There is a fine line between arrogance and delusional.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well supported club - yes. Biggest club - no.

Dont see why people are almost sucking up to Palace either, yes they beat us and got promoted but it doesnt mean you cant poke fun at them. Its almost as if they just want a massive love-in with them !!

I think the OP has missed something about Wigan though, they stayed up in the Premier League for a fair few seasons !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Armchair plastics of the top 6 Premier clubs regard Palace as a non entity and 6 points towards the title chase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here