Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Palace.......

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
the new Wigan?

No one in their league dislikes them, no one else really cares, ain't gonna win Jack, smallest crowds in their division, just there to make up the numbers, and many other patronising put downs etc etc?

Whereas....

BHAFC are now comfortably the biggest club in their division (crowds and future prospects), another new flair manager, on the downside we ain't got the Premiership budget yet, but overall I say Google 'em, we ARE the biggest club outside of the Premier League.

Right Oscar, it's not about aspirations anymore, it's about expectations.

It's 5 weeks till kick off, let's get the swagger back, let's get arrogant again, ALBION, ALBION!!!!!!!!

a) Palace have a far better history as a reasonable size football club than Wigan
b) Er, if they're gonna win jack like Wigan they'll be walking away with the FA Cup next year
c) Seriously, who cares? They beat us fair and square, they deserve to be there. The rivalry will be rekindled in a year or two, in the meantime, get a life.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
the new Wigan?

No one in their league dislikes them, no one else really cares, ain't gonna win Jack, smallest crowds in their division, just there to make up the numbers, and many other patronising put downs etc etc?

Whereas....

BHAFC are now comfortably the biggest club in their division (crowds and future prospects), another new flair manager, on the downside we ain't got the Premiership budget yet, but overall I say Google 'em, we ARE the biggest club outside of the Premier League.

It's 5 weeks till kick off, let's get the swagger back, let's get arrogant again, ALBION, ALBION!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, you clearly haven't got a clue mate. Even your own fans are slating you.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
That is the whole point, get over it. Stop feeling humble, they beat us, so what?

Let's get back to being cocky, winding up clubs like Reading and QPR, and begin to act like the BIG CLUB THAT WE NOW ARE.

We need to realise what we are capable of, as Paul Weller once sang, 'Stop apologising, for the things you never done'.

Lets hope the FA and UEFA can do something so Brighton can be put into the CL where they belong.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
the new Wigan?

Whereas....

Jesus. Reading this was depressing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well supported club - yes. Biggest club - no.

Dont see why people are almost sucking up to Palace either, yes they beat us and got promoted but it doesnt mean you cant poke fun at them. Its almost as if they just want a massive love-in with them !!

I think the OP has missed something about Wigan though, they stayed up in the Premier League for a fair few seasons !!

It's not sucking up to Palace. Merely exercising quality control regarding the arguments / viewpoints being put forward to criticise Crystal Palace. A bit like not wishing Marcos Painter to play left-back against Palace. It's in our own interest to come up with the strongest line of attack against them, not our weakest.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well.......

Might as well bugger off back to Withdean then. Alternatively, sod it, let's tell Tony to take his money back and invest it in something more worthwhile. Jeez, what is it with you lot?

At no point have I said Palace didn't deserve their victory, at no point have I said that they didn't win fair n square. What I have referred to to is the collective self pity going on round here. We lost, it hurt a few weeks back, now it is time to put it aside.

I want to march into next season on a wave of optimism, an expectation of challenging for our place in the top tier of English football. It seems that others would rather carry on tugging their for lock to our arch rivals for months to come, to feel contrite for wanting something better.

Me? I hope that TB gets more for his money than the next five years in that Championship, although that would be no disgrace. I just want a bit more, bet he does too. As for not popping at Palace? After the last few weeks of moderation it is time to turn back to those at Selhurst , and say bo###cks to ya!

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Birmingham
Bolton
Derby
Leeds
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Forest
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

and maybe QPR and Reading (fractionally)

Of those Championship sides listed, last season I attended all of our away games apart from Birmingham. Of those, only Forest made me go weak at the knees. Awesome support for a team that has some real history and, at that time we played them, a very real chance of promotion. The rest? Some have history, some have support, some have potential. We may not have the glamorous history, but we have the support and the potential so, by my reckoning, we can stand shoulder to shoulder with those sides.

Middlesbrough? A big club? Did you go to the match?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well.......

Might as well bugger off back to Withdean then. Alternatively, sod it, let's tell Tony to take his money back and invest it in something more worthwhile. Jeez, what is it with you lot?

At no point have I said Palace didn't deserve their victory, at no point have I said that they didn't win fair n square. What I have referred to to is the collective self pity going on round here. We lost, it hurt a few weeks back, now it is time to put it aside.

I want to march into next season on a wave of optimism, an expectation of challenging for our place in the top tier of English football. It seems that others would rather carry on tugging their for lock to our arch rivals for months to come, to feel contrite for wanting something better.

Me? I hope that TB gets more for his money than the next five years in that Championship, although that would be no disgrace. I just want a bit more, bet he does too. As for not popping at Palace? After the last few weeks of moderation it is time to turn back to those at Selhurst , and say bo###cks to ya!

The question is, why did you bother to mention them on your post if this is the case?

t is not about tugging forlocks but claiming that we are the biggest club in a league containing clubs that have won stuff and/or have recently been in the Premier League is just arrogant and embarrassing.

We all want to have a proper crack at promotion this year but then so do other clubs, bigger clubs with better squads than us.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Well.......

You sound totally obsessed with Palace it's actually embarrassing, I'm not even thinking about them next season and couldn't actually give a flying **** what they do in the PL as it doesn't effect the Albion whatsoever!

To say we are the biggest team in the league when there is a league full of teams that are former English Champions, European champions and clubs that have spent more time in the top flight than they have in this division means that unfortunately we are nowhere near being the biggest club in this division and I doubt any of the other supporters in this league would name us as a big club either!

We have bags full of potential and I am excited for the future but at the moment that's all we have and we probably won't be a big club until that potential is filled!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
the new Wigan?

Whereas....

Wigan won the FA Cup last year, so no, I sincerely hope that Palace do NOT become the next Wigan.

Mind you, that's just sour grapes on my part; I don't really want to sound 'Scottish' and be pleased just because Palace don't win anything. Time to forget about them for a bit (as they're now streets ahead of us again) and concentrate on getting our own house in order with the hope of eventually emulating them.

I know quite a few West Ham fans that would strongly disagree with your comment about nobody disliking them.

And I sincerely hope they do not become the new Wigan, FA Cup Winners and a lengthy stay in the Top Flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here