Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are our political "leaders" liars or idiots ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let them get on with it. I don't care. Islam is suppose to be the religion of peace :lolol:

Having read some of your posts recently, I appreciate that you are not the sharpest tool in the box, footsoldier.

Let's look at your statement with the :lolol: smilie. So it doesn't matter that 1000's of women and children are being needlessly killed? I can imagine what you would have said about the European Jews in the 40s? After all it wasn't OUR problem.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
It's a very difficult situation. If the US or UK wade in, they'll be accused of "doing it for the oil". Both countries have learned lessons from their actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. But the problem is, do we support the Government, or the rebels? Maybe this is one ugly conflict we should keep away from because of its potential to escalate into a full-blown Middle-East war.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

regarding these claims of footage uploaded the day before the atrocity

sigh....ok lets look into it a bit more.

have you considered this,in 2008 Syria banned its citizens from using websites such as facebook and youtube. In feb 2011 this was rescinded.It was believed this was so the government could snoop and crack down on anti govt activists.Many activists instead chose and still do choose to forward footage to"friends abroad" who can then upload to social networks from a safe area.Now 2.30am in Ghouta when the attacks were alleged to have taken place has for example a time of 7 hours ahead of New York and 10 hours ahead of Los Angeles.I dont think i need to spell it out any further how it is possible a youtube video could show an upload date from the day before.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Switch off the news (ran by 5 western profit making corporations) and you might find some real information.....or carry on in ignorance.

can you not see the irony when you say things like this and also below

They are puppets of a banking and corporate elite.

the problems in Syria, Iraq, and Egpyt have all been created and controlled by agents of the west.

wow, you actually believe they used chemical weapons because western media told you so? have you forgotten Iraq?

you yourself are relying on certain conspiracy websites(which you quote) for your information,you seem to have lost the ability to look at information and try and work out all the possibilities of what could be true or may not be true.

Its hardly fair to lecture others when you yourself are clearly blinkered when it comes to digesting information

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It's a very difficult situation. If the US or UK wade in, they'll be accused of "doing it for the oil". Both countries have learned lessons from their actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. But the problem is, do we support the Government, or the rebels? Maybe this is one ugly conflict we should keep away from because of its potential to escalate into a full-blown Middle-East war.

Maybe this is one we should keep away from because we don't have a clue what happened or who is responsible.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hybrid X, do you believe every single conspiracy theory you read, or do you pick and choose the ones that sound most plausible? It seems like you are convinced by every single one going, which by definition means that you are wrong on a large percentage of them. Are there any world events that happen that you don't think are part of some sort of conspiracy?

And do you have any perception of how ridiculous you look on here?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm sure there must be a calculator for the number of deaths caused by the USA since 1945 somewhere - around 8 million is a rough guess.

Seeing as they've been in a state of near constant war, I'd say 8 million is a conservative estimate.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Idiots.

It's obvious that the Jihadist rebels are responsible for the chemical attacks - but something tells me our government already knows that, regardless of their words & intentions.

How is it obvious, what evidence is there for Jihadists being responsible?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
How is it obvious, what evidence is there for Jihadists being responsible?

Well I dont know about obvious, but we are talking about people who have turned up from all around the world to fight for islam as Jihadists, with no feelings for the Syrian people. They have killed at least 400 Kerds and destroyed thier towns and chased them over the boarder to Iraq,they have filmed themselfs eating the heart from a soldier (Some mothers son!) they are as bad if not worse than Assad...so IMHO it is believable that the Jihadist poisoned Syrians, as they are not there own.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It seems that the British Forces are actually a mercenary force subcontracted to the USA now. They go where Uncle Sam tells the PM to send them.

They use drones for air attacks too.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Syria is a minor oil producer, less than half a percent of the worlds production, and the US and UK buy none of it. Its not about oil.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair, the Middle East envoy, said it was vital to "take sides" against the Assad regime and in other regional disputes.

Mr Blair, who took the decision for British troops to join the US-led action in Iraq, wrote in the Times: "I know as one of the architects of policy after 9/11 the controversy, anguish and cost of the decisions taken.

"They have to be defeated. We should defeat them, however long it takes because otherwise they will not disappear. They will grow stronger until, at a later time, there will be another crossroads and this time there will be no choice."

http://news.sky.com/story/1133533/syria-uk-draws-up-plans-for-military-action

Well, there you have it :annoyed:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
you yourself are relying on certain conspiracy websites(which you quote) for your information

you are wrong, and making assumptions that are not true, i digest much of the MSM too.....and have read many books on Goverment, CIA, War chess, propaganda, and oil etc.

The site these quotes below sit on does not matter, the quotes were said, and will not be presented on much of MSM - this is the issue i have - that the MSM is a propaganda tool - if you have not worked this out i feel for your ignorance.

http://www.sott.net/article/265496-...ary-hardware-in-Cyprus-base-near-Syria-report

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Hybrid X, do you believe every single conspiracy theory you read, or do you pick and choose the ones that sound most plausible? It seems like you are convinced by every single one going, which by definition means that you are wrong on a large percentage of them. Are there any world events that happen that you don't think are part of some sort of conspiracy?

And do you have any perception of how ridiculous you look on here?

i don't have the term CT in my life....its a silly term. I digest information from a broad variety of sources (hours a day), and have for years, and come to my own conclusions - but in true english fashion you need to label me, and paint assumptions on to me.......why do you think you do that?

forget about me - and talk about the subject.......but you cannot do that, it hacks at your safe belief systems that were fed to you - so you insult and outlaw the black sheep - its a simple natural pattern you are falling into.

thousands have and probably will die in syria, someone points out a view that goes against yours, and i am the source of your focus.......you are weird.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Idiots.

It's obvious that the Jihadist rebels are responsible for the chemical attacks - but something tells me our government already knows that, regardless of their words & intentions.

More hilarity from our resident conspiracy theorist......did you hide behind the settee the first time you listened to War of the Worlds?......try to adopt a more balanced approach to your debating style, then you may get near the truth.

Its only a fact that the chemicals have killed people, does it matter who did it?....I take the view that if the Assad regime had nothing to hide, they wouldn't have delayed the already in country UN inspectors for five days before being given limited access to the sites (5 suburbs).

UN reports overnight stated that medical teams already in the area (Syrian), offered pre prepared blood and tissue samples....these were refused by the UN team as they never saw what patients or bodies these came from. It reeks of a coverup attempt by the regime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here