Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are our political "leaders" liars or idiots ?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I'm sure there must be a calculator for the number of deaths caused by the USA since 1945 somewhere - around 8 million is a rough guess.

I have no idea pal? But what I do know is that as a Brit we're safe, they won't be sending drones over Sussex any time soon, chill man!

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Switch off the news (ran by 5 western profit making corporations) and you might find some real information.....or carry on in ignorance.

paranoid:
1. Relating to, characteristic of, or affected with paranoia.
2. Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.

franks brother

Mauufacturing consent.

It is the oldest trick in the book.

When they were whipping up the masses to go to the great turkey shoot at Flanders in 1915 they put out stories about the Hun ripping the bellies of Belgian nuns with their bayonets.

For the Iraq war in 1990 they produced a girl at the UN whom told a hear wrenching tale about her family being massacred by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait.

Except she was from a Saudi Arabian family whom had nowt tpo do with Kuwait, Iraq or sod all else.

Then there was Tony Blair and the "weapons of mass destruction" which could be used agin us in a half hour.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree with the cynical but also realistic view that Western intervention in Syria will not only have humanitarian motives but inevitably there are political and corporate angles too. I'm sure the Russians and even Chinese would like to exploit the situation, which make it even more complex.

But that shouldn't be a reason to stand hand wringing on the sidelines while doing nothing. OK it is a right nest of vipers with all sorts of local and regional factions that have little respect for national boundaries so wouldn't take much for it to escalate beyond its borders. Can't really afford to let this spread into Turkey, Lebanon, Iran and of course Israel. This situation feels more perilous than the regime change in Libya. The question is how to intervene without getting sucked into a prolonged military campaign on sensitive historical turf that extremists will inevitably characterise as a modern Christian Crusade against Islam. Especially when there are porous borders with Iran.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BREAKING NEWS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Loon reads website set up by other loons. Declares whole world is actually a fake. We need need to call in Morpheus to verify this or Dominic Littlewood to prove it false.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
paranoid:
1. Relating to, characteristic of, or affected with paranoia.
2. Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.

3. Those believing there are chemical weapons in Syria.......a few years after the same type of people lied about the same thing.
4. Those supporting voilence as a way towards peace.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BREAKING NEWS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Loon reads website set up by other loons. Declares whole world is actually a fake. We need need to call in Morpheus to verify this or Dominic Littlewood to prove it false.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BREAKING NEWS::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Man living in Burgess Hill (middle class england) has views aligned with the main stream media when it comes to UK going to war.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Are we going to invade? I thought we were planning a bombing campaign?

I'm not sure what the right course of action is... but to do nothing, while thousands die...

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BREAKING NEWS::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Man living in Burgess Hill (middle class england) has views aligned with the main stream media when it comes to UK going to war.

If you want to sound like less of a nut job - stop using conspiracy buzz words like 'main stream media'! You're like the EU - you have no idea how to sell yourself.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
surely those not looking at information from anywhere but the MSM are the loons.....but carry on.

an interview with the Syrian president a few hours ago:

well if Assad said theres no problem, then it must be true, he's completely independent. i'll put you down in the "do absolutly nothing" camp.

still wondering what camp Dandyman is in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mauufacturing consent.

It is the oldest trick in the book.

When they were whipping up the masses to go to the great turkey shoot at Flanders in 1915 they put out stories about the Hun ripping the bellies of Belgian nuns with their bayonets.

For the Iraq war in 1990 they produced a girl at the UN whom told a hear wrenching tale about her family being massacred by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait.

Except she was from a Saudi Arabian family whom had nowt tpo do with Kuwait, Iraq or sod all else.

Then there was Tony Blair and the "weapons of mass destruction" which could be used agin us in a half hour.

There is propaganda on all sides in war or the run up to it. According to most sources, the girl's testimony was later proven not true but she was identified as the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador so she does have a connection with the country. If your country had been invaded would you not do what you could to illicit help from others?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
10 years after the disaster of Iraq, the political class are now trying to talk up an invasion of Syria.

Lunacy or the post 1990 lack of any restraints on Imperialism ? (or both?)

So what exactly do you suggest happens in Syria?

I have Syrian friends, and spent some time in Damascus, lovely people, unfortunately the family is now separated, with some in Lebannon and others in the UAE.

What has been going on there is terrible, and the world has stood and watched, and done nothing, with the exception of arming both sides.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
3. Those believing there are chemical weapons in Syria.......a few years after the same type of people lied about the same thing.
4. Those supporting voilence as a way towards peace.

There ARE chemical weapons in Syria. One of the articles you provided a link to:

http://www.sott.net/article/265424-...-media-hype-Pushing-for-military-intervention

says a big cache was found there recently. (Though this article does claim those chemical weapons were stored by rebels not the government).

The other thing that's striking about that article is that it cites Russia Today as an objective source on all this. Since RT is funded by the Russian government, it's hardly disinterested is it? As we all know, Assad survives in large part because of Russian support. So - in writing off the Western media as biased (which may well be true) you turn instead to the Russian media as a source of facts? Aren't you committing the same error you are accusing everyone else of?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I don't trust the Yanks one little bit , they want their people in charge there so they can increase their supremacy across the world . The rebels were reported at one time for using chemical warfare , not a lot was put on the news about that !

I can't stand the Yank John Kelly , I think he gets his bonus pay on countries he turns into corporate states . His a dangerous man !!! Why do they have to shout their mouths off before the report comes out ? and as normal we follow the Americans in their decisions .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here