Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Chelsea actually safe?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Now that the whole GraPotty thing is done and dusted and Bruno is back waiting tables at his Argentinian pizza place in Hove, I would love it, LOVE IT if Chelsea Association Football Club thrash Arsenal tomorrow, putting a massive nail in their fading title hopes. The North London Entitled Comedy Collective really are the gift that keeps on giving, and they’re closer bedfellows than they’d both like to admit.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Now that the whole GraPotty thing is done and dusted and Bruno is back waiting tables at his Argentinian pizza place in Hove, I would love it, LOVE IT if Chelsea Association Football Club thrash Arsenal tomorrow, putting a massive nail in their fading title hopes. The North London Entitled Comedy Collective really are the gift that keeps on giving, and they’re closer bedfellows than they’d both like to admit.
Er, no.

I don't want Chelsea to win another game this season.

Not until Todd Boehly and every Chelsea fan says sorry for trying to f*** up the Premier League again with loads of dosh.

My hope is that Fat Todd has in fact spent £600m on a load of cart horses and they never recover again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Er, no.

Not until Todd Boehly and every Chelsea fan says sorry for trying to f*** up the Premier League again with loads of dosh.

My hope is that Fat Todd has in fact spent £600m on a load of cart horses and they never recover again.
Er, no, no you don't.

You actually want Chelsea to win on Tuesday, then lose every game for the rest of the season.

Because what you want is for Arsenal to go to Newcastle having played the same amount of games as City, but 7 (seven) points behind, a week before we go up to their northern hellhole in desperate need of another 3 (three) points.

The Greater Good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Er, no.

Chelsea are done, they can’t get much lower, have been and always will be a bland, pointless, soulless club with no real rival to speak of. I can’t imagine what supporting them must be like, probably akin to being stuck in a lift with Lampard, Chris Sutton, Dean Saunders and Ashley from Coronation Street.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Grossly unfair on Arsenal l think, even if they don't win the title, to finish runners up will still represent a massive improvement for them after missing out on the Champions League for several seasons. They play some magificent football too.

However much l dislike Chelsea, they will be back, once they have sorted their managerial issues and playing staff during the summer, they have too many class players in their squad not to be competing towards the top end of the table.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
The problem is that everyone at the top and everyone at the bottom still have everything to play for, as nothing is decided yet. So middle teams, like Chelsea will probably continue to have really difficult games, no matter who they play.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Grossly unfair on Arsenal l think, even if they don't win the title, to finish runners up will still represent a massive improvement for them after missing out on the Champions League for several seasons. They play some magificent football too.

However much l dislike Chelsea, they will be back, once they have sorted their managerial issues and playing staff during the summer, they have too many class players in their squad not to be competing towards the top end of the table.
I couldn’t care less about Arsenal, a club who often get ‘a pass’ on here because they do it ‘the right way.’ There are probably more Arsenal plastics in Cowfold than BHA fans. Like any other big club, a fanbase heavy on those disparaging of clubs of our stature and largely ignorant and dismissive of life outside the top table bubble. Why any BHA fan would feel anything was ‘grossly unfair’ on Arsenal is beyond my comprehension.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just a shame that compared to other teams fighting to stay up, Chelsea have a far more favourable goal difference, which effectively is an additional point, so they are all but safe.

Hopefully they can drop a few more positions and finish 15th or lower.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Chelsea are done, they can’t get much lower, have been and always will be a bland, pointless, soulless club with no real rival to speak of. I can’t imagine what supporting them must be like, probably akin to being stuck in a lift with Lampard, Chris Sutton, Dean Saunders and Ashley from Coronation Street.
Frank is taking them lower.

This has to be the end of Lampard’s career in football.

Who would want him as a pundit, let alone a manager.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Their bench tonight is:
  • 4 Badiashile
  • 11 João Félix
  • 12 Loftus-Cheek
  • 14 Chalobah
  • 15 Mudryk
  • 16 Mendy
  • 22 Ziyech
  • 23 Gallagher
  • 29 Havertz
Despite the vast number of great players they have - they're 3-0 down at half time. Wow!

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Just a shame that compared to other teams fighting to stay up, Chelsea have a far more favourable goal difference, which effectively is an additional point, so they are all but safe.

Hopefully they can drop a few more positions and finish 15th or lower.

17th place?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I am enjoying these overpaid flops being tanked yet again - lets all enjoy a good laugh at Chelski. Entitled kn0b fans with small brains. Come on Arsenal put some effort in ;-)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sadly yes, busy about one win

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’d rather we end their title hopes

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1683060357530.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Problem with Chelsea next season is they have no European football to worry about. If they have a decent manager in they could well have a run at the title.

They look like they have got their towels out this year in full knowledge of that. They are just playing time out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here