Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Chelsea actually safe?

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Imagine if Lampard sent them down! What interventions would happen before it got that close?
Their current form is poorer than some of the teams at the bottom….

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Yes a real shame that 39 is probably 3 points more than they’d need to go down.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No. NSC's favourite, Andy Jacobs, is keeping a very close eye on the bottom of the table. He was talking about it today with Jason Cundy (Chelse) and Lawrence Dallaglio (also Chelse).

Clearly won't go down, but it's clear that Frank is doing his best to try and make it happen!

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
They’ve still got United, Newcastle, Arsenal, Man City, Forest and Bournemouth.
Doesn’t look like many points for them in that list?

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
92954BE4-1203-485B-94CD-EF11733A7010.jpeg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Them and Everton would be hilarious*. Has anyone managed two teams in the same season they both went down? I've a feeling it happened recently...

*No, it won't realistically happen, but ooh, if it did...
It has been done

86-87 Billy McNeil Man City and Aston Villa
87-88 Dave “Harry” Bassett Sheff Utd and Watford

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No they won't go down, but hilarious to see them milling around with the bottom feeders... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was talking to a Leeds United supporting friend saying Forest still had some tough games to go, then found myself saying 'That said, they have got Chelsea in there'

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Now that another of this seasons strugglers Bournemouth, who a few weeks ago looked sure to be relegated are on equal points with Chelsea…

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can’t see.

Unrealistic that Chelsea don’t secure another point. Loosing all 6 would be a very long bet.

Even if Chelsea lose all 6, I think 39 may be enough regardless. Just can’t see at least 1 of the bottom 3, and all teams current between 18th and Chelsea ALL getting to 40 points.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
They're pretty much safe from relegation on the points they have now, but they have some very tough matches to go so could continue to tumble down the table.. which would be delightful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem for us and this glorious situation is we could really do with Chelsea winning tomorrow.

Obviously all the romance for all of football is centred around Chelsea's relegation, but we need Arsenal out of the title race asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here