Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone still in denial?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nsc don’t represent the majority of Brighton fans out of the 15/20 I no maybe 3 want potter in rest are sick of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure your buddies also dont represent the majority.

Either way, what matters is what TB thinks.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think the posters point was the fans of each mentioned club would never have considered the appointments when guessing who their next manager would be.

It's the gamble of appointing a manager for a club of our stature. For every Nuno or Dean Smith there's a dozen more unknown appointments that fair much worse than Potter. I won't argue that Potter has proven himself yet, our league position doesn't lie but personally I've seen enough to suggest he'll come good, even if we're relegated.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nsc don’t represent the majority of Brighton fans out of the 15/20 I no maybe 3 want potter in rest are sick of it

It’s interesting, but largely means little.

NSC has how many more members? I dare say a far better cross section of the supporter base too than your 15-20 mates.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I keep hearing short sighted, two seasons of no improvement :shrug: your all being conned by one half of pretty football per game. It’s worked five times this season big wows. I’m not buying the striker issue either it just becomes a mass panic whenever we reach the opposition box and for some reason it hasn’t been addressed by the manager.

But we have improved, the way we dominate games and create chances. I would say about 5 games this season it HASN’T worked, the rest of the time we are well in control of most games, it is only small margins, bad luck and failure to score has prevented us being comfortably top half.
I will agree that our point total hasn’t improved, but our football certainly has.
Get a grip and be patient.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's the gamble of appointing a manager for a club of our stature. For every Nuno or Dean Smith there's a dozen more unknown appointments that fair much worse than Potter. I won't argue that Potter has proven himself yet, our league position doesn't lie but personally I've seen enough to suggest he'll come good, even if we're relegated.

Also, would people really want Smith or Nuno over Potter?!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anyone still in denial that we are not going down this season?

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.

I have highlighted all the bits of your post that I agree with.

I am not blind to the possibility of us going down but it certainly isn't a foregone conclusion as you suggest.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But we have improved, the way we dominate games and create chances. I would say about 5 games this season it HASN’T worked, the rest of the time we are well in control of most games, it is only small margins, bad luck and failure to score has prevented us being comfortably top half.
I will agree that our point total hasn’t improved, but our football certainly has.
Get a grip and be patient.
We don’t dominate games the opposition let us have the ball knowing we aren’t really much of a threat and hit us on the break time after time. We make far to many individual mistakes to be further up the table. Maupay is a good striker unfortunately we have resulted to mass panic every time we get in the opposition box and keep making the wrong decisions. There is only one man to blame for that and apparently he’s learning every week.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me there’s two delusions at play:

1= the delusion that GP is a clueless estate agent playing at being a PL coach, who is so utterly devoid of passion that he never shows any outward emotion whatsoever - that’s he’s so awful a manager that League 1 beckons. Put up against the weekly stats, this is clearly a nonsensical and biased viewpoint...

Yet I sometimes think it.

2= the loyalist view that GP is a near genius, who is too good for the club and this bunch of bang average misfits we call a starting XI... the club hierarchy delusion of top 10 finishes on a shoestring and European glory against all the odds. Yet, the league table simply does not lie ...

But, I sometimes take that view too.

It’s a puzzler ...

Ultimately comparing PL failure to lower league relegation isn’t really a fair comparison... but financially I do worry. GP has produced improved performances but a regression in league position thus far this season...

I remain somewhere betwixt the two delusions at play, where we’ll finish I don’t think anyone can say... with a clear head at least.

I do have that sinking feeling, undeniably so but I’m usually wrong so hopefully that’s how things will play out.

If fans return in numbers however, GP will urgently need to address our woeful home form - yet I rather fancy fans not bring there has been half the problem.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I think people might find that the silent majority of Albion supporters are not very happy with Potter and the way we are going backward, but yes, let's focus on a Poll on NSC!

If the stadiums were full he would have gone months ago.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Pretty sure your buddies also dont represent the majority.

Either way, what matters is what TB thinks.

TB should’ve careful of what he wished for got better football but results the same . Sometimes better the devil you know
Not all buddies either

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think people might find that the silent majority of Albion supporters are not very happy with Potter and the way we are going backward, but yes, let's focus on a Poll on NSC!

If the stadiums were full he would have gone months ago.

Bit of a daft comment because with crowds back in the stadium the team may well have been lifted to turn some of those draws into wins.

You don't speak for the majority of fans, neither do I but I would guess that most can see that we are playing far better football than previously and that the only thing missing is someone to finish the chances.

People moaning about Welbeck but what alternative was actually available? Brewster cost a fortune and has failed to shine and we've spent fortunes before and players have turned out to be gash, Locadia and Ali J for example. We could have spent £40m on Haller with 10 goals in 48, that went well! Or Joelinton. 3 goals in 59 appearances, even worse.

With Pep regularly admiring the way Potter gets the team playing, I'd trust his judgement over a few bedwetting keyboard warriors.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been aware since before the season kicked off that we could very easily be in a relegation scrap. I hoped we wouldn’t but I’m not surprised, so do I get classed as “in denial” because I’m still behind the manager? Love the way we play and I think we’ll have enough to stay up. Will I lose my shit if we go down? Nope but it seems some already have and we’re not in the relegation zone yet. :shrug:

I am one of the few on here who appear to be enjoying what has been the most frustrating season I have ever seen. Shoot me :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We don’t dominate games the opposition let us have the ball knowing we aren’t really much of a threat and hit us on the break time after time. We make far to many individual mistakes to be further up the table. Maupay is a good striker unfortunately we have resulted to mass panic every time we get in the opposition box and keep making the wrong decisions. There is only one man to blame for that and apparently he’s learning every week.

Really? Teams let us have the ball and are happy for us to have about 60 chances in the three games recently? You're talking rubbish. I could understand your comment if all our play was in our own half but that isn't the case. If we had converted 5 more chances this season, turning 5 draws into wins that would put us in 11th. Fine margins.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Been aware since before the season kicked off that we could very easily be in a relegation scrap. I hoped we wouldn’t but I’m not surprised, so do I get classed as “in denial” because I’m still behind the manager? Love the way we play and I think we’ll have enough to stay up. Will I lose my shit if we go down? Nope but it seems some already have and we’re not in the relegation zone yet. :shrug:

I am one of the few on here who appear to be enjoying what has been the most frustrating season I have ever seen. Shoot me :lolol:

I'm in agreement.

boik

I'm not in denial about the possibility of us getting relegated. That will always be the case until we get more money to spend. Hopefully that will come from the academy rather than Tony selling to someone dubious.

I'm also not in denial that the football has improved immeasurably. This is the first time that we are able to compete in games with the big boys instead of just trying to keep the score down.

We're walking a tightrope, but I'm loving the football, bringing the youth through and having sussex lads playing.

I like to think that I can see tony's long term plan and will continue to support him, the team, and his manager.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Really? Teams let us have the ball and are happy for us to have about 60 chances in the three games recently? You're talking rubbish. I could understand your comment if all our play was in our own half but that isn't the case. If we had converted 5 more chances this season, turning 5 draws into wins that would put us in 11th. Fine margins.

Bit daft, but as Harty once said "if my gran had wheels, she'd be a bus..." or Murray Walker "IF is F1 spelt backwards"... That 5 goals you talk of is 19% more league goals for us so far this season.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Yes, this possession argument could have been argued against some of Chris Hughtons opposing managers, when we had lots of possession, yet if my mind serves me right we went 3 games without a shit on target!

The current predicament is a different kettle of fish.

The thing that got me was the OP's "lost the dressing room comment"! How does he know that, what evidence has he and WTF does it even mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here