Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone still in denial?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Even if we aren't relegated next season will be a case of hoping there are 3 teams worse than us again next season. If in Feb 2022 we're already checking the results of the teams below us hoping they've lost it will be frustrating to say they least.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We have 11 games to play. Anybody who thinks we are nailed on for relegation is an idiot.

At the same time anybody who thinks we are guaranteed to survive is maybe a bit deluded. Nobody is too good to survive.

I’m still Potter in.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Who would you have replace Potter, who would you suggest is better placed to move us up the table with our budget?

There are two vastly experienced managers in Big Sam and Steve Bruce who are both struggling, the latter with a much more costly squad than ours in terms of wages?

It’s too late to replace him now but let’s be honest now are we suggesting that other than Bruce or Allardyce type appointment there isn’t a manager across world football with good top level experience (better than Swedish noddy league and a year at Swansea) that couldn’t do a decent job?

Leeds found Bielsa, Wolves Nuno, Saints Ralph H. How many of them would fans had picked?

We are a Premier league club and would be attractive to almost every single manager in global football outside those in the Champions League.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have 11 games to play. Anybody who thinks we are nailed on for relegation is an idiot.

At the same time anybody who thinks we are guaranteed to survive is maybe a bit deluded. Nobody is too good to survive.

I’m still Potter in.
On average we win every 6 games, considering every game is carbon copy of the one before there is no reason to suggest this form will change. We need four wins :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s too late to replace him now but let’s be honest now are we suggesting that other than Bruce or Allardyce type appointment there isn’t a manager across world football with good top level experience (better than Swedish noddy league and a year at Swansea) that couldn’t do a decent job?

Leeds found Bielsa, Wolves Nuno, Saints Ralph H. How many of them would fans had picked?

We are a Premier league club and would be attractive to almost every single manager in global football outside those in the Champions League.

So who would you suggest and why ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pretty much just takes one successful case (like Sanchez or BW) to "compensate" for buying x youngsters who never become anything (which is going to be the majority). Most players are going to leave for free or very cheap, its the same in every academy regardless of how successful it is.

Take one of the best academies in the world (for a very long while), Jong Ajax. In their 2016 squad they had De Ligt (now Juventus) and Justin Kluivert (Roma) and they made the club ca £80m. The rest? 0 - some of them are no longer playing professionaly, two are in the Ajax senior squad, some left for smaller clubs for free. Thats all you can hope for really. In the case of Sanders he had a decent loan spell at a poor League One club and now he is 22 years old. Theres no "few millions" in his case no matter what you do with Ben White.

Surely they made money from Frenkie De Jong, Donny Van de Beek and Pascal Struik?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness to Junior, he pointed out we were in trouble early in the season, didn’t quite believe the hype etc and got dogs abuse for it. probably just wants a apology from those that gave it out and who, fast forward to March, look like ending the season with egg on their faces. However nobody is comparable to Archer and the mouth of Archer. That’s plain ridiculous. Frustration boiling over I’d say.

Absolutely manic, desperate attention-seeking I'd say.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Can you imagine what the Potter out brigade would be like if we lost at home 9-0?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So who would you suggest and why ?

It’s not my job to keep a list of quality managers across world football it’s the job of any self respecting and well run football club as the average manager lasts less than 3 years either through sacking or being poached to a bigger club. I can promise you that Tony Blooms has a list of candidates that contains names you or I have probably never heard of as well as those we have.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Pointless getting annoyed with Potter as I expect he will still be here next year even in the unlikely event we get relegated. If we stay up we will get stronger, if we go down I expect we will be heading for the 100points. Anyway summer is on the way, evenings are getting lighter, I’m (hopefully) getting my vaccine in two weeks, lockdown will be ending soon, just booked a holiday, made a spontaneous whisky purchase after watching Sunday Brunch, so at present life is all about being upbeat.

This current way of playing will be a success and and no one should slag off Dan Burn as that lad gives more in every game than most players I’ve seen play do in a season, well outplaying his ability, will play wherever he gets asked and we never see him complaining

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Anyone still in denial that we are not going down this season?

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.

I don't usually comment on these kind of posts but seriously, what a load of bollocks.
Us going down hasn't been on the cards for months at all, a couple of weeks ago we were plenty of points clear of the drop and going great guns, a couple of shit results have put us right back in it but it's far from sealed, as you put it.
Where have you seen that Potter has lost the dressing room? Players all seem pretty much together from what I see, only issue I can see is the lack of putting games to bed when we have the chance, but is that entirely Potter's fault? I'd say no. He isn't on the pitch, he can only influence a game so much, the blame has to ultimately lie with the players.
If we do go down (which still isn't sealed) I think Potter is absolutely the right person to bring us back up. I've been watching the Albion for 30ish years and we've never played the kind of football that we currently play. We desperately need that elusive striker, but we are a bloody good footballing side and almost every professional can see that and says the same thing on a regular basis.
Comparing Potter to Bellotti and Archer is laughable. Were you there when they ripped this club apart? Because trust me, it was absolutely nothing like losing a few games in arguably the best elite league in the world.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Anyone still in denial that we are not going down this season?

It's been on the cards for months and Fulhams results today has sealed it. They are on the march and we are in freefall. Hard to see where our next point is coming from.

I've been pointing it out for months that this clueless ****wit is taking us down, yet everybody else seemed in denial. I think most people have come round to realising now that our Premier league days are coming to an end.

Potter will have to be replaced next season as he's clearly lost the dressing room. He's the most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia. Churns out the same twaddle every week in his pressers, sucking through his teeth and telling us we are learning...which is clearly bullshit.

Turning some decent players into absolute donkeys, coaching out the ability to score goals, random substitutions, playing Dan Burn every week which should be a criminal offence.

Can't think of anyone who has damaged this club more since Belotti and Archer.
So... If we don't get relegated, will you start a thread saying how wrong you were, seeing as you are Mr hindsight and can see what the owner cant?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Pointless getting annoyed with Potter as I expect he will still be here next year even in the unlikely event we get relegated. If we stay up we will get stronger, if we go down I expect we will be heading for the 100points. Anyway summer is on the way, evenings are getting lighter, I’m (hopefully) getting my vaccine in two weeks, lockdown will be ending soon, just booked a holiday, made a spontaneous whisky purchase after watching Sunday Brunch, so at present life is all about being upbeat.

This current way of playing will be a success and and no one should slag off Dan Burn as that lad gives more in every game than most players I’ve seen play do in a season, well outplaying his ability, will play wherever he gets asked and we never see him complaining

Refreshing take, and I like your attitude to life.

Post more.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It’s not my job to keep a list of quality managers across world football it’s the job of any self respecting and well run football club as the average manager lasts less than 3 years either through sacking or being poached to a bigger club. I can promise you that Tony Blooms has a list of candidates that contains names you or I have probably never heard of as well as those we have.

Do you think Tony knows how to run this club?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Three or four PL clubs have been sniffing around the Sporting Lisbon manager apparently.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Thanks, I misread it. 75% not out then.

And that's not taking in to account the level of fatigue amongst the "potter in" sections over fans posting a f**king poll after every game, press conference and GP sneeze as if, somehow, that their minority position will be validated by a wider public opinion if only they ask often enough!

We continue to play some really really attractive football with a squad of very skilled players... And missing out because of two problems (IMO). 1. We have no natural goal scorer. Not one player has an instinct for goals. 2. Psychologically, mostly because of 1, we are shot. It's no coincidence we play better in the first half. The fatigue of not scoring saps energy as the 90 minutes progress.

Fix 1 and 2 fixes itself. Fix 2 (and this is where you can accuse Potter of not using the skills he is supposed to have in abundance) and 1 might not be as big an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here