Anyone get the feeling gus was stitched up?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No he stitched us up and with his lack of professionalism and motivation towards the team he cost us promotion and as I have said before that is unforgivable in my book.

This is my opinion it maybe wrong, you may disagree its just what I think.

and who am I

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There is no way that Bloom would have got rid of him for the sake of it. All his own doing, I'm afraid. A real shame though, I will always regret the fact that it wasn't him that got us to the PL.

Don't have regrets. Gus would not have got us to the PL. We had a fantastic opportunity last season and he blew it big time. Too cautious, too stereotyped, too predictable. He won't change his playing style, whatever. He is a one trick pony who will still be playing slow possession football in 20 years time.
The change has come at the right time. Gus had taken us as far as his limitations will allow and TB has shown that the
club is bigger than any one egocentric individual.

ALEUS MAXIMUS

Aug 18, 2009
Lets get this right ..if Gus phoned Tony before the Palace game saying he wanted out..then sorry he's a knob..I met him several times and liked him but it looks like he was taking the piss...we want be druv..in Tone we trust.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He was great at first, albeit very conceited, then he really started believing his own publicity, wanted everything his own way, and subsequently disappeared up his own a***hole. A real role model for us all.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Perhaps a young inexperienced manager and chairman have both learnt a lot from this episode,as I am sure both have made mistakes,with their relationship,i dought we will ever know,perhaps they just fell out of love, in time I hope they can both move on and still respect each other.

Amusing that people are falling hook line and sinker for Bloom's obvious PR stunt about the Palace game. The idea that they didn't have disagreements prior to that is obviously very far fetched. If Bloom would like to fill in the full picture by saying what those disagreements were, we can perhaps begin to start judging whether he has treated Gus fairly. Until then, we'll never know.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Amusing that people are falling hook line and sinker for Bloom's obvious PR stunt about the Palace game. The idea that they didn't have disagreements prior to that is obviously very far fetched. If Bloom would like to fill in the full picture by saying what those disagreements were, we can perhaps begin to start judging whether he has treated Gus fairly. Until then, we'll never know.

So you are unequivocally calling the reply to the last question of the Fans forum a "PR stunt" from our chairman.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. For it to be a 'stunt', it would also have needed the person who asked the question to be in on this 'stunt' too

Utterly ridiculous.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

So you are calling Bloom a liar!?

So you are unequivocally calling the reply to the last question of the Fans forum a "PR stunt" from our chairman.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. For it to be a 'stunt', it would also have needed the person who asked the question to be in on this 'stunt' too

Utterly ridiculous.

That doesn't follow at all, does it? It was 100% obvious he was going to be asked about the Poyet situation by someone. And if you think he hadn't thought very carefully about what he was going say, well.......

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That doesn't follow at all, does it? It was 100% obvious he was going to be asked about the Poyet situation by someone. And if you think he hadn't thought very carefully about what he was going say, well.......

What you stated in your previous post was an unequivocal accusation of a PR stunt by our Chairman.

Your post above is merely speculation....which I thought, was supposed to be "off-limits" on this forum.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Who do you think runs the club? Who was paying Gus £3k a day? Who was always demanding more?

If Gus wants to run his own club he should get together with Roberto Di Matteo and Denis Wise and buy Coventry City and put his own money where his mouth is. Then he can do it his way.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No he stitched us up and with his lack of professionalism and motivation towards the team he cost us promotion and as I have said before that is unforgivable in my book.

This is my opinion it maybe wrong, you may disagree its just what I think.

and who am I

That's exactly how I feel, 0% passion in the home game. Sat in the dugout, arms crossed not saying a word.

What you stated in your previous post was an unequivocal accusation of a PR stunt by our Chairman.

Your post above is merely speculation....which I thought, was supposed to be "off-limits" on this forum.

I see. So there has no speculation at all involved in the NSC transformation within a short time of Poyet the greatest manager in our history to Poyet the all-round baby eater ;)

I think when people present very partial and heavily edited version of events as Bloom did, they are selecting the bits that make them look good - and that's a PR stunt in my book. Bloom admitted himself that evening that a lot went on after the Palace game that he wasn't telling. My "speculation" is that a lot went on beforehand too.

Only when we get a lot of accounts of what happened in those months can we begin to start judging whether Poyet was treated fairly or not. For people to now say Bloom behaved in the correct fashion involves as much "speculation" as anyone on here defending Poyet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bloom doesn't need to give us the full story though and I'm not sure that we need a detailed postmortem of what went on. As you say we'll never know and a new season is on us tomorrow. I heard enough from Gus in post match interviews to believe he could be difficult and plain bloody minded. His time was up for whatever reason and TB is the man who funds everything and I'll take his side every time against a manager who admitted he was using us as a stepping stone.

From tomorrow I really don't care about Gus :shrug:

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I see. So there has no speculation at all involved in the NSC transformation within a short time of Poyet the greatest manager in our history to Poyet the all-round baby eater ;)

I think when people present very partial and heavily edited version of events as Bloom did, they are selecting the bits that make them look good - and that's a PR stunt in my book. Bloom admitted himself that evening that a lot went on after the Palace game that he wasn't telling. My "speculation" is that a lot went on beforehand too.

Only when we get a lot of accounts of what happened in those months can we begin to start judging whether Poyet was treated fairly or not. For people to now say Bloom behaved in the correct fashion involves as much "speculation" as anyone on here defending Poyet.

indeed, an open mind is healthy, but people generally want closure on issues and thus spin it in their heads to achieve an acceptable conclusion. and that's what you're arguing against here. They'll just chuck abuse and call you stupid for not blindly accepting just one side of the story.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

You can waffle on as much as you like....you do have 'history' of this on this forum.

You have stated that our Chairman pulled a PR stunt at the Fans forum.

You are either very brave or very stupid. Given your past history on this forum and the fact you were hounded off this board by many posters absolutely fed up with your outlandish views.......I know which category I put you in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports