Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone get the feeling gus was stitched up?

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
WTF??????

Gus rings Tony and says he is going to leave first chance he gets. Tony decides that rather than have his manager walk out in the middle of the season he will get a new one who will stay the whole season. What sort of idiot thinks this is not the right thing for Tony to do?

And by suspending him Tony did everything possible to firstly get compensation and then avoid paying Gus for giving him what he wanted (ie a new job). It was only when there were no jobs left that he officially moved him on.

TB has done exactly the right thing for the club. Gus was a bit foolish if he thought TB wouldn't. Gus tried to stitch us up, but luckily TB didn't let him get away with it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Do we really have to keep going on about this...I am beyond caring about what happened to Poyet.

He was a great manager for us at the time and the ethos around the playing side of things was superb, but he clearly got far too big for his boots and this despite spending lots of money on new players and being promised a brand spanking new state of the art training ground, he still had eyes on a Premier League job.

Bloom would have lost alot of respect for Gus by the fact he was constantly complaining about the size of his budget, despite it being quite healthy for a club which two seasons ago was only drawing in crowds of 7000.

The club has overnight on and off the pitch, gone from a buddy buddy club with jobs for the boys to a professionally run club with good foundations to survive at a good level in the English game.

I am far from happy with some of the things Barber has implemented over the last 9 months. However, there is no mistaking the fact that with my finance/business head on, the direction the club is going is the right way.

The money in football is in one place in this country, and to make things work on the pitch, like Swansea, the infrastructure has to be right off the pitch.

So let's just doff our caps to Gus and thank him for all that he done on this journey, but ultimately remember things move on and that he is gone and no one manager or player will EVER be bigger than Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Nope, Gus' arrogant belief that he can get any job and will be considered for any job came back to haunt him. When this interested club was no longer interested, he wanted to stay, because he'd be no where else.

I'm glad the story is coming out, I sincerely hope we get promoted to rub it in his face, so he'll have to analysis is every weekend.

Bring on Garcia's new philosophy.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If Gus feels he was stitched up and can prove it, then we will be hearing soon that the case is on the way to court. I think he has 3 months now to go to a tribunal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm glad the story is coming out, I sincerely hope we get promoted to rub it in his face, so he'll have to analysis is every weekend..

There is no way that Gus will still be unemployed by a club by this Christmas, let alone next season. He is definitely worth a gamble by a struggling Premier League club. His footballing managerial credentials are pretty good. NOTHING will or should be taken away from him on that score.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no way that Gus will still be unemployed by a club by this Christmas, let alone next season. He is definitely worth a gamble by a struggling Premier League club. His footballing managerial credentials are pretty good. NOTHING will or should be taken away from him on that score.

And the most likely struggling Premier League side is... :lolol:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I wouldn't jest about where he might end up - Poyet would take Palace at drop of a hat with no second thought needed if it was offered to him - he never understood the rivalry and why should he, he's ultimately a well paid mercenary looking for whoever will pay him best and give him next step up in his career ladder ......boy be interesting to see how many Gus lovers react to him fondly if he moves to Selhurst Park and brings them down here any day soon!!!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The profession of football is a merry-go-round...Thank you Gus, you did fantastic things for my club. Goodbye. Hi Oscar....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't jest about where he might end up - Poyet would take Palace at drop of a hat with no second thought needed if it was offered to him - he never understood the rivalry and why should he, he's ultimately a well paid mercenary looking for whoever will pay him best and give him next step up in his career ladder ......boy be interesting to see how many Gus lovers react to him fondly if he moves to Selhurst Park and brings them down here any day soon!!!!

I would be quite amused tbh, is that wrong?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The profession of football is a merry-go-round...Thank you Gus, you did fantastic things for my club. Goodbye. Hi Oscar....

a bit of that but can't let the op slide .........got stuck right into gus from the start....now he is suggesting he was shafted......what a twonka...!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If I can move on then so can others
I loved what he did for the club
something very bad happened and whose fault it is nobody knows or cares now
we move on hopefully to bigger and better things
lets hope everybody concerned has learned from this mess including us the fans

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
01029099.interactive.a.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If I can move on then so can others
I loved what he did for the club
something very bad happened and whose fault it is nobody knows or cares now
we move on hopefully to bigger and better things
lets hope everybody concerned has learned from this mess including us the fans

It was Gus fault.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
The more we hear the more it looks like a jobs been done on mr poyet,i'll never forget what did for this club:clap2:

Don't you ever get bored of pretending to have an opinion that you don't really just to get some attention?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here