[Albion] Anyone else think we are likely to lose both Moises and Alexis in the summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
New contracts signed by both, increasing our ability to stand firm on prices. Reading between the lines on some PB comments. The rumours about “done” deals.

I think there is more than a little truth in it. TB will have a price in mind for both, clubs know they can’t piss him about from our position of strength and know from the Caicedo January saga and Cucu last Summer that he can‘t be bullied.

I get the feeling TB will want to get business done early on sales if his price is met which it may well have been already imo.

De Zerbi’s comments today in the Argus just reinforce my thinking-

The head coach wants his squad to be stronger next season as they look to back-up another top-half finish.

But he thinks they will lose “some important players” in the coming months

It’ll be sad but it’s inevitable isn’t it?

Thoughts?
I don't like this thread.

In other news, is it possible that Johnson may make a comeback, or that perhaps people get quite used to the soothing voice of Sunak, and decide to play it safe in the next general election?

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Alexis keeps being strongly linked to Liverpool, but there's a good chance they will not be in the CL next season!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I gave up on Mac staying a while back. Caicedo is so young though. I think another season with us would do his career a lot of good. Also - what team that needs him can actually afford him? Certainly not Arsenal if they blow their beans on Rice.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If they both go I think we pay off the mortgage! Lots of other teams profit from player sales. AZ Alkmar look interesting, I forgot they sold us Ali J! Villarreal and Benfica have been doing what we do for years, it’s nothing new. Look at the Red Bull clubs as well. Where we are well placed is in not having to sell for FFP or any other reason so they pay the price Tony wants or on you go.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I don't like this thread.

In other news, is it possible that Johnson may make a comeback, or that perhaps people get quite used to the soothing voice of Sunak, and decide to play it safe in the next general election?
Yes I agree H - surprisingly NSC does not actually have an influence on what happens so why worry? I think your two political references are just as worrying! Thank goodness they won’t happen😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they both go I think we pay off the mortgage! Lots of other teams profit from player sales. AZ Alkmar look interesting, I forgot they sold us Ali J! Villarreal and Benfica have been doing what we do for years, it’s nothing new. Look at the Red Bull clubs as well. Where we are well placed is in not having to sell for FFP or any other reason so they pay the price Tony wants or on you go.
I'm not bothered either. And I'm long past looking for reasons to be unhappy about the state of this club, its policies and its future, corporal Fraser-style.

And frankly I don't think that Ali Mac is all that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
New contracts signed by both, increasing our ability to stand firm on prices. Reading between the lines on some PB comments. The rumours about “done” deals.

I think there is more than a little truth in it. TB will have a price in mind for both, clubs know they can’t piss him about from our position of strength and know from the Caicedo January saga and Cucu last Summer that he can‘t be bullied.

I get the feeling TB will want to get business done early on sales if his price is met which it may well have been already imo.

De Zerbi’s comments today in the Argus just reinforce my thinking-

The head coach wants his squad to be stronger next season as they look to back-up another top-half finish.

But he thinks they will lose “some important players” in the coming months

It’ll be sad but it’s inevitable isn’t it?

Thoughts?
If you read a lot of the comments from Liverpool forums or Pro Liverpool publications it not only states they want MacAllister but that MacAllister is pushing really hard to get out and leave himself.

Seems at odds with the way he behaves and the respect he always shows to club and fans, but they're claiming that?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm resigned to these two stars leaving this summer, and quite possibly Mitoma as well.

I'm not confident that we'll be able secure like-for-like replacements who can immediately maintain this season's momentum when the new season starts.

Indeed, I don't expect to see such a brilliant Albion side and fantastic season again in my lifetime; I really think this season has been as good as it will get for a very long time.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and am incredibly proud of how far we have come given our history, but I'm also a little sad that some of our greatest players will leave this summer, and that we'll be a very different team next season.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If you read a lot of the comments from Liverpool forums or Pro Liverpool publications it not only states they want MacAllister but that MacAllister is pushing really hard to get out and leave himself.

Seems at odds with the way he behaves and the respect he always shows to club and fans, but they're claiming that?
They probably read the Romano tweets that purportedly come from his dad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If they go they go, but if they go to anyone other than City or abroad to another team that is pretty much guaranteed CL football every year, then I will be extremely disappointed in them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I posted something similar on another thread.

There will be at least three quality premier league midfielders on the market for considerably less than Caicedo would cost this summer, namely Mount, Kovacic and Tielemans. There are also other players in the league and many cheaper players across Europe.

It seems to be the common consensus that Mac Allister is going to Liverpool. I he does it won't be for cheap. If he does then we have zero need or desire to sell Caicedo, so if he does go it'll be for a ridiculous amount. It also seems like Rice will be moving this summer and his common valuation seems to be around 100m. So that seems representative of what we'd want for Caicedo.

With that in mind, who's buying Caicedo?

Not Liverpool if they buy Mac Allister.

Definitely not Spurs.

Not Arsenal if they buy Rice and they are by all accounts firm favourites to sign him.

Surely not chelsea, FFP issues and the fact they're an absolute basket case with no Champions league football.

Man utd? Their focus is on a striker- presumably Kane and he's not coming cheap even with only one year left on his contract. Do they want Caicedo enough to pay 100m on top of the Kane money? Or would they want a cheaper option? Are they back in for De Jong?

Man City? Do they want him? Do they want him enough to pay 100m? We saw last summer with Cucurella that they won't pay over their valuation?

Newcastle? They have the money but is Caicedo the player they want or need? I don't know.

So who is going to pay the money we want for him this summer?

Edit' I also have no idea why people think we're going to lose both ally mac and caicedo and then Mitoma, March, Estupinian and others. what on earth makes people think we're selling half our team at the same time?!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Alexis is almost certainly on his way, to Liverpool i expect.
With Moises I’m not so sure. Arsenal will be interested but Declan Rice seems to be their main target. I can’t see them buying both Rice and Caicedo.
Who else will spend the money to get Moises? Man United possibly, but their main target is a striker.
There are other players around such as Mason Mount who will tempt the big teams.
There is then Chelsea, but from a FFP perspective they will be hampered and they need to find a way to bring in Joao Felix. Plus no European football for them and so they are less of a draw.
Spurs, no way.
Liverpool, doubt it as they are after Alexis.
If Real Madrid come in with an offer then Moises would be very keen, understandably, but they are apparently forerunners to get Bellingham, so that ones unlikely.
So yes, it’s possible Moises will go but I’m not sure he will.
Yes, luckily for us, there are other quality midfielders looking for moves this summer. RICE, Mount, Kovacic (sp?) I was folornly hoping that TA @ Liverpool is such a roaring success in midfield that Liverpool will leave Alexis alone. 😂

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don't know, don't care that much, as at the moment every time a player moves on, we seem to improve. Trossard has been the only one that has really weakened us of recent departures, but even that is short term as Enciso, Sarmiento and others have room to grow through his absence.
We have so many talented young players that need the game time, that I am almost as excited as disappointed to see a space in the squad appear.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I posted something similar on another thread.

There will be at least three quality premier league midfielders on the market for considerably less than Caicedo would cost this summer, namely Mount, Kovacic and Tielemans. There are also other players in the league and many cheaper players across Europe.

It seems to be the common consensus that Mac Allister is going to Liverpool. I he does it won't be for cheap. If he does then we have zero need or desire to sell Caicedo, so if he does go it'll be for a ridiculous amount. It also seems like Rice will be moving this summer and his common valuation seems to be around 100m. So that seems representative of what we'd want for Caicedo.

With that in mind, who's buying Caicedo?

Not Liverpool if they buy Mac Allister.

Definitely not Spurs.

Not Arsenal if they buy Rice and they are by all accounts firm favourites to sign him.

Surely not chelsea, FFP issues and the fact they're an absolute basket case with no Champions league football.

Man utd? Their focus is on a striker- presumably Kane and he's not coming cheap even with only one year left on his contract. Do they want Caicedo enough to pay 100m on top of the Kane money? Or would they want a cheaper option? Are they back in for De Jong?

Man City? Do they want him? Do they want him enough to pay 100m? We saw last summer with Cucurella that they won't pay over their valuation?

Newcastle? They have the money but is Caicedo the player they want or need? I don't know.

So who is going to pay the money we want for him this summer?

Edit' I also have no idea why people think we're going to lose both ally mac and caicedo and then Mitoma, March, Estupinian and others. what on earth makes people think we're selling half our team at the same time?!
Chelsea in for Mac now according to the Express............
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...fer-news-Mac-Allister-Liverpool-Brighton-swap

Really hope this is London-centric Express bollocks - don't want Mac (or any of our other players) going to strengthen that shitty club. Mac to Liverpool - although I'd far rather he stayed - at least is a move to a decent club! Would be happy if we could rescue young Colwill from having to go back to Chelsea though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Chelsea in for Mac now according to the Express............
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...fer-news-Mac-Allister-Liverpool-Brighton-swap

Really hope this is London-centric Express bollocks - don't want Mac (or any of our other players) going to strengthen that shitty club. Mac to Liverpool - although I'd far rather he stayed - at least is a move to a decent club! Would be happy if we could rescue young Colwill from having to go back to Chelsea though.
They might be in for him or just interested but it doesn't mean much, they're a basket case of a club. I reckon Mac Allister isn't particularly desperate to join them, especially as all the reports about him mention he wants champions league football.

Its probably just the Express putting 2 and 2 together and getting God knows what. World cup winning team mate, Chelsea have taken players, manager, coaches and staff from us, theyre trying ti buy every player under the sun-easy story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports