Anyone else have doubts about Oscar being the right man to take us forward?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Oscar given the rope to bring in his signings will be good but I believe that he is a puppet having his strings pulled from above for whatever reason and by whoever.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that Oscar given the rope to bring in his signings will be good but I believe that he is a puppet having his strings pulled from above for whatever reason and by whoever.

I agree and as I've mentioned in another thread doubt whether he'll be here next season. I wonder from his perspective whether promises made have not been kept....... No inside information just a feeling.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Nope. Big thumbs up from me, we are getting better and more exciting to watch every week.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Im beginning to wonder about this too , was talking to my mate about it today,
we both come to the conclusion that its Barber making the moves for players and choosing who we end up actually signing
, because a lot are the best of a average bunch of players going spare.
and are either all free or pence in price compared to what other clubs pay other clubs.
Frimpong at Barnsley for example whats he on there ? Its not gonna be peanuts is it ?
He is only 22 a Ghanain International and has played for Arsenal and Fulham in the Prem WHY WOULD YOU GO TO ****ING BARNSLEY FFS ????
We will NOT get in the Premier League with this squad that is not a dig at the squad I will always back Albion players and Managers whoever they are, its reality and if ,just if by a miracle we did go up then down we would come again unless realistic targets and prices were paid for
quality players.
We have quite a few league 1 level players in this squad so what will we have in the Prem ??
Championship level players on Championship wages struggling to get more than 8 points by the end of the season at best.
Not fair on the players or the fans.
I think Oscar is a good manager who will do well for us but he needs to be given a decent sized "war chest" this Summer.
Its all well and good Mr Bloom and Mr Barber going on about that Albion should be a Premier League side but if you dont mean it dont say it
just say, we want to spend the next ten years in the Championship and build with the academy instead of raising everyones hopes all the time.
Rant over, just mine and my mates opinion

Joke de jour, pissed up or just fishing?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

My view there is a lot of interference from others and as Seagull73 (who I believe works at the club) has hinted Oscar is not being allowed to run things the way he was told it would be and in which case he may leave at the end of the season. I have read for example on here that Oscar would not give Obika game time if he did not rate him, then we hear that the contract with Spurs we have he has to have game time. It was stated that Spurs were about to pull him out of the club because he was not being involved. If I was Oscar and someone arranged that sort of deal for me then I would not be very happy.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
give the guy a chance ;) At the end of next season start a thread like this ! ........honestly do we always have to moan ?

No, only the usual vociferous suspects

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Have to say some of the football under him has been completely dull and the lack of goals is a worry despite him saying he wants us to play attacking football. We often go through 90 minutes of football creating just one or two chances in 90 mins. Yesterday was actually better in terms of performance and entertainment.

His signings haven't been exactly decent either.

Kemy Agustien - Complete waste of time.

Keith Andrews - Starting to look a poor signing after a promising start

Leory Lita - Why?

Obika - Another shocking signing

Dale Stephens - Doing ok. Got a good feeling he will turn out to be a shrewd signing.

Steven Ward - Very good signing. Not as good as Bridge though.

Conway - Really poor start but signs were there he was quite good.

David Rodriguez - Haven't seen anything great from him yet but maybe he is still adjusting.

The one promising aspect of Oscar's skills is the emergence of our youngsters. He seems to be more willing to use them in competitive matches than Poyet. It's a joy seeing kids coming through as they are the future.

This season has been a disappointment but the warning signs were there even before the season started. Going into a new season with just two fit strikers really wasn't a great plan and no plans to strengthen here either.

I'm just not convinced by the Oscar and Jones are the right pair.

Completely right mate. He's not up to it.
I'm still waiting for his obsession with attacking football to make an appearance.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Your completely ignoring the deathly dull games we had under Poyet.

IMO we are a lot more forward thinking under Oscar.

Aug 23, 2011
Im beginning to wonder about this too , was talking to my mate about it today,
we both come to the conclusion that its Barber making the moves for players and choosing who we end up actually signing, because a lot are the best of a average bunch of players going spare.
and are either all free or pence in price compared to what other clubs pay other clubs.
Frimpong at Barnsley for example whats he on there ? Its not gonna be peanuts is it ?
He is only 22 a Ghanain International and has played for Arsenal and Fulham in the Prem WHY WOULD YOU GO TO ****ING BARNSLEY FFS ????
We will NOT get in the Premier League with this squad that is not a dig at the squad I will always back Albion players and Managers whoever they are, its reality and if ,just if by a miracle we did go up then down we would come again unless realistic targets and prices were paid for
quality players.
We have quite a few league 1 level players in this squad so what will we have in the Prem ??
Championship level players on Championship wages struggling to get more than 8 points by the end of the season at best.
Not fair on the players or the fans.
I think Oscar is a good manager who will do well for us but he needs to be given a decent sized "war chest" this Summer.
Its all well and good Mr Bloom and Mr Barber going on about that Albion should be a Premier League side but if you dont mean it dont say it
just say, we want to spend the next ten years in the Championship and build with the academy instead of raising everyones hopes all the time.
Rant over, just mine and my mates opinion

Which players of ours are only league 1 quality?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks more promising but we have never risen to the heights of the best performances under Gus Poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports