Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone else enjoy the experience yesterday?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It was only in some. I was wondering if they had originally been built as ladies loos - and swapped at some time?
I think a bunch of the toilets are switched between being for men and women depending on whether they've got something overwhelmingly manly like football on or really girly like [Ed. The rest of this post has been redacted]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Has to be said, the absence of urinals is downright odd. What gives?
I was in the middle tier and at half time I spent ages queuing for a slash, the gents toilets at both ends of a large concourse both had long queues.
My wife said one toilet block with a ladies toilet sign above the door actually was a gents toilet, also at half time she walked up to the door and on the door was a gents toilet sign , other ladies were also turning around when seeing the actual small sign on the door.
To anyone walking along the concourse it looked obviously like a ladies WC from the large signage.
I went in this toilet after the match and it was empty.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think a bunch of the toilets are switched between being for men and women depending on whether they've got something overwhelmingly manly like football on or really girly like [Ed. The rest of this post has been redacted]
Do they just take her skirt off the sign to reveal the man beneath. A bit like those mugs that change design when you pour tea into them and they warm up...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I've moaned about the carnage on the tube from London Bridge to Baker Street (actually I haven't mentioned that :lolol:). Moaned about the gobshite who I let sit in my seat, moaned about the horrific journey back.
But on balance we did actually enjoy it! :thumbsup::lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, we were not as crisp and quick as we normally are, credit to United for slowing us down. A draw was probably a fair result at 90 mins. If we had taken one of the early chances, who knows what would have happened. If United had scored one of their their good chances in the last 10 mins of the first half, again who knows.

Confess to becoming one of those that kept shouting “shoot” :rolleyes:

As someone on here alluded to, the Juve fan I think, if we are going to dine at the top table we are going to have to get used to disappointments like yesterday.

I would like to see a win at Wembley before I die though :lolol:

My only criticism is that we only seemed to have one song and that was the dirgy one we nicked off Liverpool.

Just hoping our season doesn’t fall apart now….

As an aside I am not one of those who is blaming Undav, we had plenty of chances fluffed by other players.
Yeah but com on asking Sanchez to shoot from his penalty area is a bit much

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mostly enjoyed the atmosphere, being amongst Albion fans again, the noise, singing GOSBTS and Aaaaaaaaaalbion Aaaaaaaaaalbion......
Up in the gods with a MOTD view, especially watching individuals like Dunk, Caicedo and Mitoma doing their finest.
The penalty shoot out, not something I'll see again, but great to watch.
All in all a good day out, in Albion regards.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mostly enjoyed the atmosphere, being amongst Albion fans again, the noise, singing GOSBTS and Aaaaaaaaaalbion Aaaaaaaaaalbion......
Up in the gods with a MOTD view, especially watching individuals like Dunk, Caicedo and Mitoma doing their finest.
The penalty shoot out, not something I'll see again, but great to watch.
All in all a good day out, in Albion regards.
I'm noticing a general split between those in the upper tier (with a more whole-ground atmosphere perspective) saying they enjoyed the atmosphere from our fans (me included), and those in the lower tier saying the opposite..

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Enjoyed (well, already bad mood did not worsen) the lack of roadworks on MI back north to Yorkshire. Normally at that time of night they compress 3 lanes of traffic into one, with about 300 yards notice.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm noticing a general split between those in the upper tier (with a more whole-ground atmosphere perspective) saying they enjoyed the atmosphere from our fans (me included), and those in the lower tier saying the opposite..
Screenshot_20230424_200827_Gallery.jpg

This was us in 538 :thumbsup:

Blulevis

Jan 30, 2023
Brighton
Absolutely loved it all …. Until walking back to the car (sober ) and stacked it after tripping on a paving slab whilst singing your city is Blue … falling Ar$E over and now nursing multiple rib breaks … still a fab day !

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Several pre match pints and a curry, then several post match pints and a kebab were the highlights for me yesterday . The bit in the middle wasn’t as good as we were hoping for.
And as I sit here on the return train, yesterday’s highlights aren’t quite feeling like highlights today.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I had a great seat on the half-way line as I had an invite to the Bobby Moore Club.
I've read some of the comments regarding being frustrated at the lack of singing but the noise from the Albion end was certainly better than any from United.

Just before kick-off when Good Old Sussex By The Sea was played and sung by the Brighton fans it put a tear in my eye.
When we remember that the song was adopted during the First World War as a marching song by The Royal Sussex Regiment and what those boys suffered, it puts into perspective Solly's penalty miss.

Boxpark before the game was brilliant and it was amazing to see Tony Bloom share the moment.
We lost, I'm sad, I'm proud, I'm excited for our future.

For anyone who's interested, some photos from my little camera of the day:

Photos from Brighton v Manchester United FA Cup Semi-Final
Fantastic images! Thanks for sharing.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Absolutely loved it all …. Until walking back to the car (sober ) and stacked it after tripping on a paving slab whilst singing your city is Blue … falling Ar$E over and now nursing multiple rib breaks … still a fab day !
Hope you heal & feel better soon

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Good drive down to a friend's house in North London. 10 minute walk to the tube, one stop from Wembley Park. Met our friends we sit next too and had some food. Nice to chat for a change and get to know them better. The seats were good, upper block 551 near halfway. The atmosphere good, view ok but the perspective slightly tricky, prefer the Amex. Game was good although I though Man U stopped us playing our normal game a bit, still should have beat them. Thought we were going to at the end of extra time. Pens always a lottery but ours were pretty good, thought Bob had saved their 5th one. Took a while to get out from up high and queue at Wembley Park was huge. We decided to walk back to the car, which took 40 minutes, so not bad. Heard people were queuing for 90 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here