Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone else enjoy the experience yesterday?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Loved it (apart from the result), thought the atmosphere was good from where I was (135). Sounded like we were louder than Man United for the majority of the game.

Car park was a doddle to get into and out of before and after the match

Fan zone was good pre match

Going toe to toe with Man United was just amazing to see from a Brighton point of view.

Poor Solly, I'm sure he will bounce back stronger.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Loved it (apart from the result), thought the atmosphere was good from where I was (135). Sounded like we were louder than Man United for the majority of the game.

Car park was a doddle to get into and out of before and after the match

Fan zone was good pre match

Going toe to toe with Man United was just amazing to see from a Brighton point of view.

Poor Solly, I'm sure he will bounce back stronger.
Getting away on public transport was horrendous, had to wait for a while for familly in Upper tier so that made it worse.

Other than that, and man utd fans being a bunch of gobby shites, it was good

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I enjoyed some of it, a drink in central London with my grown up sons (who are still not grown up enough to buy me the beer it seems!) and saw some friends there and in Wembley. I don't like the stadium but thought our fans were overall great and we played okay, certainly matched man u or better. We maybe deserved more but these are good times for Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we were not as crisp and quick as we normally are, credit to United for slowing us down. A draw was probably a fair result at 90 mins. If we had taken one of the early chances, who knows what would have happened. If United had scored one of their their good chances in the last 10 mins of the first half, again who knows.

Confess to becoming one of those that kept shouting “shoot” :rolleyes:

As someone on here alluded to, the Juve fan I think, if we are going to dine at the top table we are going to have to get used to disappointments like yesterday.

I would like to see a win at Wembley before I die though :lolol:

My only criticism is that we only seemed to have one song and that was the dirgy one we nicked off Liverpool.

Just hoping our season doesn’t fall apart now….

As an aside I am not one of those who is blaming Undav, we had plenty of chances fluffed by other players.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As a vantage point the view, even up in the gods, is great as was the atmosphere Getting away from the car parks at Wembley is a doddle and very quick as it’s well stewarded, was the same four years ago.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
As a vantage point the view, even up in the gods, is great as was the atmosphere Getting away from the car parks at Wembley is a doddle and very quick as it’s well stewarded, was the same four years ago.
Up in the gods as well, seemed very loud from there as the sound swirled around the ground. Got out relatively quickly, I found the whole match too nervy to enjoy it much, the penalties were excruciating, still, I’m proud of the boys.

Reactions: KNC

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Getting away on public transport was horrendous, had to wait for a while for familly in Upper tier so that made it worse.

Other than that, and man utd fans being a bunch of gobby shites, it was good
The manure gobshite really p1ssed me off. Im looking forward to thrashing them at the Amex. I really wished we couldve sung "we support our local team". Quite a few on train back to Hove. My fault I shouldve stayed in Kensington but had a meeting today in Brighton so 'couldnt,'.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes. To an extent. Until the end.

But I hate penalty shoot outs with a passion and that ruined the day for me. Totally. It seems that I’ve watched about 20 critical penalty shoot outs in my life with 90% not going my way. I despise them. This meant the travel back to Brighton was incredibly depressing, it’s only bearable if we win but we didn’t.

Thank goodness the EPL does not have shootouts. I never want to watch one again. They are evil.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes I think so apart from the transport (driving to Wembley isn’t a good option is it!) and not getting the result we wanted.

Looking forward to Nottingham though.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
PXL_20230423_180751433.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes, we were not as crisp and quick as we normally are, credit to United for slowing us down. A draw was probably a fair result at 90 mins. If we had taken one of the early chances, who knows what would have happened. If United had scored one of their their good chances in the last 10 mins of the first half, again who knows.

Confess to becoming one of those that kept shouting “shoot” :rolleyes:

As someone on here alluded to, the Juve fan I think, if we are going to dine at the top table we are going to have to get used to disappointments like yesterday.

I would like to see a win at Wembley before I die though :lolol:

My only criticism is that we only seemed to have one song and that was the dirgy one we nicked off Liverpool.

Just hoping our season doesn’t fall apart now….

As an aside I am not one of those who is blaming Undav, we had plenty of chances fluffed by other players.
Who said we nicked it off Liverpool?!

I agree with everything else you said though.

Wembley is , for me at least, an awful manufactured experience. Let the fans create the atmosphere. Turn the tannoy down and off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The manure gobshite really p1ssed me off. Im looking forward to thrashing them at the Amex. I really wished we couldve sung "we support our local team". Quite a few on train back to Hove. My fault I shouldve stayed in Kensington but had a meeting today in Brighton so 'couldnt,'.
Saw a tweet from a manc woman who said a six year old Brighton fan was singing that on the train and that she wanted to tell her to 'shut up you silly ****'. Classy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Who said we nicked it off Liverpool?!

I agree with everything else you said though.

Wembley is , for me at least, an awful manufactured experience. Let the fans create the atmosphere. Turn the tannoy down and off.
You could have been fooled into thinking that Man Utd had actually won the FA Cup with the overly elaborate celebrations, music, congratulatory announcements and general bullshit fanfare. Dross.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
We were up in the gods but it seemed we were much noisier than manure, no actual songs but plenty of allllllllllbbbbbbbbiiiiioooonnnnn’s.

No problem getting out, walked up to North Wembley and got on an empty train.

I thought the atmosphere was terrific, sat on the edge of my nerves for the whole game.

Final result was bullshit but what can you do? At least now we can concentrate on getting into Europe and manure will lose to city in the final anyway so a waste of time for them.

Looking forward to seeing us smash them on the 4th!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Objectively the view from the Gods was great, in that you could see every inch of the pitch without any obstruction whatsoever as the seating was so steep that nobody much cared to stand up for any more than was absolutely necessary. Subjectively? It was like watching an ant farm. I hated it. Give me my ringside seat at the Amex any day

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I enjoyed parts of it.
I was sat next to two guys who didn’t seem to support Brighton. They didn’t react to anything. Absolutely no colours, left on the 71st minute.
The guy on the other side was obviously United. Head in hands every time they missed, videoed their penalties. Might as well have been in sat there with a ‘Glazers Out’ banner.

Getting home was horrendous. Queuing for Wembley Park in the rain for 90 mins. Fire alarm at Baker Street, points failure on Northern line, long delay at Gatwick. Finally got back at midnight.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A pint in The Globe was good, especially when a flare outside set off the smoke alarm inside. Then I felt better.

Outside the ground a Manc fan was walking through 'us' holding up a scarf, pointing to a twat on it, saying 'this is the best centre half in the world'. I told him to fukk off. Obviously.

Seemed to find a quick beer queue.

Took seat 10 mins? before KO.

Missed first 5 of second half due to beer.

Stood up to go the moment that last kick hit the net. Our trains home are hourly, so we can't afford sentimentality every game.

Ultimately glad we went. Still really hate them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here