Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I got the email thanking me for renewing this afternoon (as a direct debit payer so didn’t actually do anything).

Nice to get the confirmation.

Also polite of the club to acknowledge continued support, to remind us of STH benefits and to stay in touch.

Minimal cost

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I got the email thanking me for renewing this afternoon (as a direct debit payer so didn’t actually do anything).

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my email and I did as well.

At least 2 of us will be there next season. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, why would I?

I don’t have many vices, the Albion is one of them. Being a TB, PB and GP fan and not being distraught( although I am still waiting to see a win this season) about our current form is a plus. We are going in the right direction imo

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my email and I did as well.

At least 2 of us will be there next season. :)

Don’t be so precious, Paul came round in person and thanked me this afternoon for renewing

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve renewed one of our two as my wife can’t hack the travelling anymore. Three people next to us haven’t renewed.

Are any of these three an obvious upgrade on you personally? Might be worth missing the odd game to be sure? [emoji6]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My guess is this is will be the biggest factor in renewals more than VAR or bottle tops etc. A lot of ordinary working folks are going to be feeling the squeeze or at least worried about feeling the squeeze soon.

Agreed. Cost of living going up (Diesel was £1.76 in Woodingdean yesterday), food prices going up, C Tax and NI up, mortgage interest rates going up and not going to mention energy bills.

Can see 2022/23 being tough for a lot of people.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No, why would I?

Well, for a start many people are facing some of biggest increases in the cost of living in living memory, with more guaranteed to follow next month (increase in NI contributions, increases in Council Tax, huge rises in energy and fuel bills). That’s before the general undercurrent of disengagement people may be feeling for a whole host of different factors (covid, underwhelming home form, re-arranged kick off times, travel issues etc).

For those reasons alone, it feels like a perfectly reasonable question to pose so the “why would I?” part of your response does seem to be lacking in emotional intelligence. (You did ask, to be fair).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nice to get the confirmation.

Also polite of the club to acknowledge continued support, to remind us of STH benefits and to stay in touch.

Minimal cost

It’s called a robot.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, for a start many people are facing some of biggest increases in the cost of living in living memory, with more guaranteed to follow next month (increase in NI contributions, increases in Council Tax, huge rises in energy and fuel bills). That’s before the general undercurrent of disengagement people may be feeling for a whole host of different factors (covid, underwhelming home form, re-arranged kick off times, travel issues etc).

For those reasons alone, it feels like a perfectly reasonable question to pose so the “why would I?” part of your response does seem to be lacking in emotional intelligence. (You did ask, to be fair).

Fair comment but you make choices on what you spend money on. Some spend it on booze, fags, drugs, clubbing, meals, cars, tv, holidays.

I won’t be guilt tripped :smile:

Not liking not winning at the Amex seems to be the main deal for many which kind of scuppers your argument?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching the (brilliant) Martin Lewis on itv just now, he summarised domestic price-cap elec/gas bills as follows (with no government intervention):

- From 1 April annual average charges up 54% to £1,971.
- From 1 October, based on the set system of averaged wholesale gas prices it’s heading towards £4,100.

For people on fixed income or just the average household, these numbers will be crippling, especially when factored in with the increased cost of running cars on any fuel.

It’s no surprise that quite a few supporters are calling it quits on ST’s.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fair comment but you make choices on what you spend money on. Some spend it on booze, fags, drugs, clubbing, meals, cars, tv, holidays.

Yeah, but only when they’re not training or playing a match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I won’t be guilt tripped :smile:

Not liking not winning at the Amex seems to be the main deal for many which kind of scuppers your argument?

The point you are missing is some people only have a choice on spending their money just to live and have zero luxuries

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The point you missing is some people only have a choice on spending their money just to live and have zero luxuries

I am not missing anything, I am responding to the question in the thread title i.e I am not considering giving up my season ticket.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don’t be so precious, Paul came round in person and thanked me this afternoon for renewing

Always knew PB had his favourites. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here