Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club must be very worried since I cancelled my 2 season tickets I have had 10 + emails asking me why & whether I would reconsider.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

More than 10 emails? When did you cancel?

It's actually one email from Barber, but they had to break it up into 10 so it didnt break the internet.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just reading through here and seeing a few people that had cancelled had received emails I thought I’d check mine. Sure enough there’s one an hour ago thanking me for renewing after I cancelled last week! That’s one way of keeping the renewal numbers up I guess.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I imagine it would be chaos. What do you think?

They don't do it. Obviously.
i was responding to an OP who thinks a follow up email getting you to change your mind must mean renewal rates aren't as expected.
They might well be but this sort of stuff they've been doing for years and is normal whether rates are good, bad or indifferent.
And similar to every other company that offers subscriptions etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I will be stunned if the imminent cost of living situation doesn't create a bit of a 'hit' on cancellations over and above the normal turnover. I guess the real question is how much and how does that compare with other clubs ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I will be stunned if the imminent cost of living situation doesn't create a bit of a 'hit' on cancellations over and above the normal turnover. I guess the real question is how much and how does that compare with other clubs ?

This. And crucially, just when the Albion needed to hit form for those wavering......

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So having got the gist of this thread I’m now starting to be a little alarmed by the number of people who are suggesting they are not renewing, it will be interesting to see what spin the club put on this, will probably blame Covid or the Ukraine crisis!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s great to see a full house but if there is a slight dip next season on attendances unless it’s a massive drop I don’t think it will massively affect the running of the club as most of its income are through sky plus other commercial sponsorships

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s great to see a full house but if there is a slight dip next season on attendances unless it’s a massive drop I don’t think it will massively affect the running of the club as most of its income are through sky plus other commercial sponsorships

Think you’re right. Standard season tickets account for something like 9-10m income. To put that in context even a 20% drop off is the equivalent of 1/6th of Dan Burn’s transfer fee and, like you say, a drop in the ocean compared to TV money and commercial sponsorship.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

My guess is this is will be the biggest factor in renewals more than VAR or bottle tops etc. A lot of ordinary working folks are going to be feeling the squeeze or at least worried about feeling the squeeze soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here