Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone care about ROI vs England?

That has to go down as a minor triumph with those dinosaurs O'Neill and Keane in charge - well done Ireland

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Didn't even know it was being played until this morning. Enjoying the sunshine in the garden.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Wish I'd missed that now.

We always look shit in friendlies though, won't read too much into it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Well that was a waste of time, and a waste of a perfectly good cider. Not exactly the greatest game of football.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I managed to neck 4 pints whilst watching it on the outside screen at the local.. so not a complete waste of time. Hang on do I have a drink problem?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I didn't even know England were playing. Shows how disinterested I am in all this.

Had to laugh when I saw it was a bore draw.

Why don't they just pack up and leave us all alone for a summer. Bloody football.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Only watched the 2nd half, am I the only one who thought we looked ok? Far superior to Ireland, controlled possession and looked like the only team who would score.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I guess the most important part of this match is, was it was played in a nice friendly spirit between the players and the fans, compared the last previous fixture.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well - we've not lost this fixture for more than 30 years so it's a proud record for a 2nd/3rd tier nation to defend

Back then I would have been supporting England, which was an obvious way to cheek your old man
if you knew who he was.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Was it cos of his performance being not so good or just to try another keeper.

They get 4 subs in the Toulon tournament, so I believe it was to give the other keeper some minutes. Certainly didn't have a great deal to do in the game other than face the penalty and claim some crosses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here