Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone beginning to feel sorry for

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wednesday? I LOVE seeing them fail. It's a strange thing that Sheffield United are, to me, a particularly likeable club, whilst their city neighbours are thoroughly objectionable. I hope they end up in Non League.
Very often, fans of either are in the same family.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Wednesday failing is just flipping HILARIOUS! Reading I am not that worked up about, I feel a sense of schadenfreude but nothing compared to the full on joy that watching the Massive fail brings.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They booed him as he was stretchered off. Revolting fan base, and I am delighted to see them flounder.

Reading? Meh. I can't get worked up about them, and don't wish overly terrible things for them either.

Wednesday? I LOVE seeing them fail. It's a strange thing that Sheffield United are, to me, a particularly likeable club, whilst their city neighbours are thoroughly objectionable. I hope they end up in Non League.

Reading - I disliked like them up until we became clearly better. They were cocky little shits in the Coppell/Sidwell era, plus later when a snide player put studs into Petr Cech’s head. Since then all downhill, karma.

Sheffield United - they just seem a thoroughly likeable set of genuine football supporters, immensely loyal through the fallow decades.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Just saw that Wednesday have THREE points from 13 games and laughed heartily. That shows how much sympathy I have for them.

My last time at Reading we lost 5-1 and their fans were signing, "We'll never play you again" on the bus at me. I am also enjoying their struggles...
The "you're not fit to wear the shirt Craig Davies" game? Or was that at MK?

Or was the 5-1 the elphick debut/sending off? Those sort of games tend to merge together in the football pisses me off part of the brain

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Football is a yo yo game (as it should be) so while it's ok to see these two struggling I don't like to see the old, established, clubs (like Wed) suffer too long. As for Reading, it must be hell living there, what else is there to do other than follow a football club? - so I feel a bit sorry for them a bit too, tbh. I'm old fashioned, I would rather clubs like these two do ok than your Morecambes and your Barrows etc come up too high in the league. Would also like to see Southend, Rochdale, Oldham, Hereford etc back up in the proper leagues.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Introducing two other clubs:

MK Franchise theft - I hope they stay shit ad infinitum.
Cheaterfield - I never notice their results, but wasn’t the outcome of that season the sweetest thing ever :lolol: . I can’t remember if it was the EFL or FA that punished them, but to have the balls to be tough and in mid season certainly won my admiration.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, their fan bases are drawn from the same pool, and I love Sheffield as a city. But United are just so much more acceptable.
The trend (but not every case) is the Blades are working class, and the Owls think they are middle class. :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Football is a yo yo game (as it should be) so while it's ok to see these two struggling I don't like to see the old, established, clubs (like Wed) suffer too long. As for Reading, it must be hell living there, what else is there to do other than follow a football club? - so I feel a bit sorry for them a bit too, tbh. I'm old fashioned, I would rather clubs like these two do ok than your Morecambes and your Barrows etc come up too high in the league. Would also like to see Southend, Rochdale, Oldham, Hereford etc back up in the proper leagues.
I'm with you on Morecambe, but Barrow have far more of a League history than Hereford!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sheffield Wednesay are the victims of a truly terrible owner that is not so much in the arsehole owner category but more the completely clueless category - in business as well as football. I suppose you could argue that the fan base should have questioned or voiced dissaproval to many of his decisions in the early days - I don't know why but stuff such as wanting to take centre stage in the annual first-team squad photo should ring loud alarm bells - but then I suppose as a fan base BHA are hypersensitive to the motivations of anyone owning a football club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sheffield Wednesay are the victims of a truly terrible owner that is not so much in the arsehole owner category but more the completely clueless category - in business as well as football. I suppose you could argue that the fans base should have questioned or voiced dissaproval to many of his decisions in the early days - I don't know why but stuff such as wanting to take centre stage in the annual first-team squad photo should ring loud alarm bells - but then I suppose as a fan base BHA are hypersensitive to the motivations of anyone owning a football club.

Except, Chansiri poured in £10m’s for players, against EFL FFP, they cheated and the fans lapped it up. When it failed by a single Hull goal, the game was up. His crime since is incompetence.

Whilst Archer was/is a bent, knivering, furtive asset-stripper without an ounce of humility.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sheffield Wednesay are the victims of a truly terrible owner that is not so much in the arsehole owner category but more the completely clueless category - in business as well as football. I suppose you could argue that the fan base should have questioned or voiced dissaproval to many of his decisions in the early days - I don't know why but stuff such as wanting to take centre stage in the annual first-team squad photo should ring loud alarm bells - but then I suppose as a fan base BHA are hypersensitive to the motivations of anyone owning a football club.
Many did and still are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They booed him as he was stretchered off. Revolting fan base, and I am delighted to see them flounder.

Reading? Meh. I can't get worked up about them, and don't wish overly terrible things for them either.

Same. I've hated Sheff Weds since my university days. We had about 4 Wednesday fans on my course and they were all complete tossers. Conversely, the one United fan on my course turned out to be lovely guy and came to my wedding and stag do. So Wednesday being third division rubbish would be superb.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Except, Chansiri poured in £10m’s for players, against EFL FFP, they cheated and the fans lapped it up. When it failed by a single Hull goal, the game was up. His crime since is incompetence.

Whilst Archer was/is a bent, knivering, furtive asset-stripper without an ounce of humility.
Yes, and I think most fans lap up owners pouring in millions and diregarding FFP - City, Chelsea etc. Let's be honest, it's not uncommon across BHA social media to see fans moaning that we haven't spent all the 180m transfer income from this summer, despite the fact that loans to Bloom are currently in the 300m region.

Talking of the lucky play-off win they had against our threadbare team in 2016, that was possibly the worst thing that could have happened to them (and maybe the best thing that happened to us). Despite being clearly inferior to us of the course of the season with 15 points fewer, it probably made Chansiri think that they were a lot closer to promotion to the PL than they actually were and that all he had to do was throw a few million at strikers.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Many did and still are.
I've no doubt there were some fans that had reservations from day 1, but it'd have been hard to get any sort of voice heard. Not dissimilar to there being a small faction of NUFC fans that are against the Saudi ownership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here