Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone beginning to feel sorry for

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheffield Wednesday or Reading?

Both look awful in their respective divisions and are victims of truly shit ownership.

I mean I've been all for laughing at them both as they plunge lower and lower, but at some point it's the proper long suffering fans who suffer more than anyone else isn't it?

I'd happily see them both stay up if it meant Portsmouth stayed down. A trade worth making.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Both look awful in their respective divisions and are victims of truly shit ownership.

I mean I've been all for laughing at them both as they plunge lower and lower, but at some point it's the proper long suffering fans who suffer more than anyone else isn't it?

I'd happily see them both stay up if it meant Portsmouth stayed down. A trade worth making.
Reading maybe, harmless plastics.

But Massive? No way. Short of going out of business which I wouldn't even wish on Palace, long may their delusions of grandeur meet the hard realities of their utter shitness.

I read owlstalk after they beat Peterborough in play offs (cracking tie) and many were lording it over posh and their fans, slagging them off, and generally being total twunts.

League 1 please.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading - just indifference as they reverted back to the small club they were all my football life (bar a brief heyday from Autotrader money).

Massive - I’m loving every minute of this. I quite liked them decades ago …. Terry Curran, David Hirst, Waddle. Then for no logical reason their supporters evolved into wankers, at the same time they were FFP cheats on an industrial scale and the team contained scummers such as Ross Hobbit Wallace and diving Forestieri.

Boy I loved this game.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I had a lovely time at the half a dozen games that I went to at Hillsborough when living in Yorkshire in the early 90s.

I'd like to see them above Leeds ... Only went to Elland Road twice and it was horrible.

So a bit sorry for Wednesday.

Reading I couldn't give a shit about.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Reading maybe, harmless plastics.

But Massive? No way. Short of going out of business which I wouldn't even wish on Palace, long may their delusions of grandeur meet the hard realities of their utter shitness.

I read owlstalk after they beat Peterborough in play offs (cracking tie) and many were lording it over posh and their fans, slagging them off, and generally being total twunts.

League 1 please.
Shitness or shittery? Both are grammatically correct.

I also see that shit can be an adjective, a verb, a noun and an interjection.

Shit is truly a word for all seasons, and all teams in Yorkshire.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just recently, any time I feel a little low, like life is getting on top of me, like there's nowhere to turn ... I smash on live score, and go look at the league position of Wednesday and Reading and life just seems a little easier.

oooooooh it's so funny

Massive scored one goal in September, wondering if it won goal of the month :lolol: .

In October, zero so far.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Never really feel sorry for Wednesday when they are rubbish. When they have a brief period of relative success they lack the humility you'd expect from a well supported team who have been out of the top flight for a generation.

Reading I feel a bit more sorry for. They hadn't seen division 3 football for 20 years and look likely to drop down again. Aside from top flight appearances their historical league level is almost identical to ours so I've looked at them as yard stick to what our low ebb might look like, it's a reminder to enjoy the highs because a lot can happen in 20 years.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You lost me at Sh....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here