Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone actually get a usable mobile data signal at the AMEX on their mobile?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The IT infrastructure required would probably cost more than £1 per month for the number which would be interested, and then one person would subscribe, and give the password to all his mates. It's not quite like the Starbucks situation where their shops have a dozen or so users at the most.

Any half decent IT company could lock the solution down to 1 X device per user although, like everything in the IT game, it doesn't come for free.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I asked a member of staff for the security code for "Amex-events" wireless, and, they gave it to me!!
Great, free, signal everytime I visit :)

Ye got that one and the BHA-hotspot..........sometimes drops out in the north but beggars can't be choosers !!! Gave it to the lads in front of me, they love a bit of in play betting.......

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Vodaphone on a Samsung Nexus,..... its shiitteeee in the WSU, seat or concourse, get texts in/out most of the time,. but nothing at all on data. This actually deadens the argument against a betting shop outlet in each concourse, anti's have said most people use smart phone online accounts,... sadly impossible in the WSU at least.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm on tmobile and have no problem in the north - but I spent one game in WSL and had no signal for the entire game, either in my seat or the concourse! Booooo

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Sod all 3G usage with Vodafone/iPhone 4, can send/receive texts, albeit delayed.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Awful 3G all season in the East Stand (Vodafone), can usually text but that occasionally goes a bit screwy as well. Not a big issue but hinders putting on a sneaky half-time bet, annoyingly.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm on 02 and get nadda. I often wonder if O2 are lowest on the priority list for 3G as it always seems to be my phone that conks out first in crowded places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here