Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone actually get a usable mobile data signal at the AMEX on their mobile?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Moving mobile networks off Vodafone before the new season and was wondering if anyone has actually been able to use data on a smartphone around the football? Reason I ask is I got a delayed message a few weeks back (sent before KO) of a mate who urgently needed help and I didn't get it till I got back to Hove hours later :/

So if anyone actually gets a usable signal with a certain network, let me know!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I found up the steps near the North Stand/West Stand is my phones shite blind spot (Blackberry on Orange)

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
My Orange Phone Works until half time, then I get no network. I tried in vain (as usual) to have a bet on us getting an equlaizer against Birmingham as soon as they scored.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
The mobile Internet is prioritised for the media and staff at the ground! Unfortunately this causes severe signal trafficking for everyone. Just yesterday all my text messages came through at once after getting km the train at Falmer

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I don't get mobile internet, but I've got Wi-fi occasionally (although I'm almost out of range at my seat) and enough 'signal' to send and receive texts at half time, etc.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm on 3 with an iphone..... Hit and miss with the signal, sometimes it's a full signal and 5 mins later nothing :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would people be happy to pay a £2 for a wifi connection for the duration of the match? Could be a money spinner...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm on 3, get enough signal in my seat at WSU, nothing on concourse or in dicks bar.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I always have a full signal showing on my phone, just I can't do anything WITH it.

I work at the Uni and on non matchdays can use my mobile perfectly alright so I guess the sheer volume of users drags it down.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Would people be happy to pay a £2 for a wifi connection for the duration of the match? Could be a money spinner...

Good idea, but imagine the data rate the club would have to supply. A few gigs per second per stand?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
On Vodafone, in the West stand and struggle to get onto the internet but it works enough to send and receive texts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here