Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any of you coming home from holiday via Calais-Be Vigilant

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yet another made up story from the Daily Mail attempting to smear desperate migrants in the Calais area
This has probably been answered a thousand times, but I've not learned about it - why is it they're at Calais, and why are they so desperate? Can't they claim refugee status or something?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This article does a pretty good job of explaining the benefits or otherwise of gaining entry to the UK.
I still don't understand the desperation. They're not fleeing a war in France, their lives aren't at risk. What is the argument against them being economic migrants?

From my experience three weeks ago you won't see any trouble at Eurotunnel in France. Even with the tighter border controls boarding was a breeze. Two years ago migrants were lining the motorways, this time I didn't see a single one.

Same here when we went over and back on the ferry a few weeks ago. There is now a serious fence lining the road to the port where the "shanty town" formerly was.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Doing the ferry crossings this weekend, late morning one way and late afternoon for the return. Just to put my mind at rest, Does anyone know of any planned protests etc between sat-mon?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Doing the ferry crossings this weekend, late morning one way and late afternoon for the return. Just to put my mind at rest, Does anyone know of any planned protests etc between sat-mon?

Local outrage at people missing the Brentford game to travel to France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here