Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any ideas on the assistant?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Radio Sussex reporting (with a clip from Hyypia) that Hyypia might decide to use Jones as his assistant :( :( :(

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Radio Sussex reporting (with a clip from Hyypia) that Hyypia might decide to use Jones as his assistant :( :( :(

Got no problem with that. He's got experience, is highly qualified, knows the club and by all accounts did a decent job last season. Yes his interviews may not be all that but we could do a lot worse.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Lose win more like. Cheap and nasty option IMHO. The club get the 'lose'!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Twas in the Argus the other day. Something like 'we might have to use Nathan, I've not properly had time with him yet. If we feel we need more help we'll find someone'.

Missed that, probably the same interview with Sami then I'd guess.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The interview I saw with Hyppia the other day really worried me, he seemed really downbeat, quite upset about Sammy Lee not coming. A very softly spoken man mind.

Back on topic, Nathan Jones fits the bill, I think as Hyppia said we'll go with him and then recruit someone else as and when the right quality candidate becomes available.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nailed on Jones , Hyypia wouldnt of implied it could be Jones the other day if wasnt going to happen.

Thought we had demoted that clueless soul looking lost on the touchline. Cheap option and guess no one else Hyypia knows.

Annoyed about it really.

F kin Jones aahhhh

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
The interview I saw with Hyppia the other day really worried me, he seemed really downbeat, quite upset about Sammy Lee not coming. A very softly spoken man mind.

My thoughts exactly. Additionally, though it was refreshingly honest, I think in some instances a manager should keep his views to himself in order to maintain a positive public image else it might give cartes blanche for the players to start moaning in the press.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt todays abysmal performance show everybody, supporters, directors TB etc that Hyppia needs a No 2 who knows this division. Would Chris Powell be prepared to revert back to being a no 2 he knows this division and NJ well.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Didnt todays abysmal performance show everybody, supporters, directors TB etc that Hyppia needs a No 2 who knows this division. Would Chris Powell be prepared to revert back to being a no 2 he knows this division and NJ well.

We need to aim higher than that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here