Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Any Amazon recommendations please?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh give it a break. Amazon pay the tax they are obliged to, same as you no doubt. Perhaps you could set an example by paying a bit extra voluntarily. You may do so simply by sending a cheque to HMRC. I understand that you can even specify where you would like to see that money spent.

Gary Glitter does not get paid royalties,” A representative confirmed that “Gary Glitter's publishing interest in the copyright of his songs is owned by UMPG and other parties, therefore UMPG does not pay him any royalties or other considerations.”

Bezos now richest man in the world ....worth over 200 billion , yeah baby , give it a break...:rolleyes:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there one on netflix called the alienist about a criminal psychiatrist in 1890's new york looking for a serial killer ...3 episodes in , not sure yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Americans - is stunning, we mourned when it was all over. (It was also on ITV originally, but they titted around with its scheduling, so it died an undeserved death on terrestrial).

Also, I adored these, from NSC’ers recommendations:

Halt & Catch Fire
Bosch
Justified

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Bezos now richest man in the world ....worth over 200 billion , yeah baby , give it a break...:rolleyes:

Here's some more we can be jealous about.

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index (as of 7 August)

1. Jeff Bezos, $190bn
The former hedge fund manager turned online book seller started Amazon in his garage in 1994. Bezos has invested heavily in space technology and also owns The Washington Post newspaper.

2. Bill Gates, $120bn
A permanent fixture at the top end of rich list for the past 20 years, the Microsoft founder has sold or given away much of his stake in the company – he owns just 1% of Microsoft – and now focuses predominantly on his philanthropic work.

3. Mark Zuckerberg, $100bn
Zuckerberg famously started Facebook in 2004 at the age of 19 and now is among the top five richest men in the world.

4. Bernard Arnault & family, $81.4bn
Arnault is the wealthiest European on the list. The Frenchman oversees an empire of more than 60 brands including Louis Vuitton and Sephora.

5. Mukesh Ambani, $80.3bn
Indian Ambani has a 42% controlling stake in Reliance Industries, which is the owner of the world’s largest oil refining complex. He is also the owner of property worth more than $400m.

6. Steve Ballmer, $77.7bn
The American was the former CEO of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014. He is the current owner of the Los Angeles Clippers NBA franchise.

7. Warren Buffett, $77.5bn
Now in his ninth decade, the Berkshire Hathaway chief executive, known as the “Oracle of Omagh” is one of the most successful investors of all time. Like Gates he has pledged to give away more than 99% of his fortune to charity.

8. Larry Page, $71.6bn
Internet entrepreneur Page is one of the co-founders of Google. He stepped down as CEO of Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. in December 2019 but remains a board member.

9. Elon Musk, $70.2bn
Musk is the founder and CEO of SpaceX and also the CEO of Tesla.

10. Sergey Brin, $69.4bn
Along with Larry Page, Brin was a co-founder of Google. Until December 2019 he was president of Alphabet Inc.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Tales from the loop

Watched one episode, couldn't make head nor tail of it, gave up.

Second The Boys and Bosch, both excellent, also like Jack Ryan.

Couldnt get into Treadstone at all.

SPOILER(ish - highlight to view). We enjoyed Treadstone but they've cancelled the second series and it leaves a lot hanging at the end of series one.

I'll second The Americans and Bosch and Jack Ryan. Picard is ok if you like Star Trek nonsense. I liked Mr Robot, Mrs H hated it, same with The Man up the high castle. Sneaky Pete is quite good

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
The Americans - is stunning, we mourned when it was all over. (It was also on ITV originally, but they titted around with its scheduling, so it died an undeserved death on terrestrial).

Also, I adored these, from NSC’ers recommendations:

Halt & Catch Fire
Bosch
Justified

This. Amazing show.

As an aside - I never knew Matthew Rhys was one of you people (well, Welch...but same difference :D). Don’t think I’ve ever seen him in anything but a role in an American accent. Almost everything he’s ever been in is great.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Goliath, Bosch, The Last Narc.

Season 1 of Goliath is as good as any season you’ll watch on television.

I don’t know if it’s on Prime over there but Zero Zero Zero. It’s a three nation drama/thriller about the drug trade between producers in Mexico, dealers in Italy and brokers in America. It’s Amazon’s answer to Narcos from Netflix.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Amazing show.

As an aside - I never knew Matthew Rhys was one of you people (well, Welch...but same difference :D). Don’t think I’ve ever seen him in anything but a role in an American accent. Almost everything he’s ever been in is great.

Rhys is a brilliant actor, another Brit who’s currently doing pretty well in The States.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Here's some more we can be jealous about.

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index (as of 7 August)

1. Jeff Bezos, $190bn
The former hedge fund manager turned online book seller started Amazon in his garage in 1994. Bezos has invested heavily in space technology and also owns The Washington Post newspaper.

2. Bill Gates, $120bn
A permanent fixture at the top end of rich list for the past 20 years, the Microsoft founder has sold or given away much of his stake in the company – he owns just 1% of Microsoft – and now focuses predominantly on his philanthropic work.

3. Mark Zuckerberg, $100bn
Zuckerberg famously started Facebook in 2004 at the age of 19 and now is among the top five richest men in the world.

4. Bernard Arnault & family, $81.4bn
Arnault is the wealthiest European on the list. The Frenchman oversees an empire of more than 60 brands including Louis Vuitton and Sephora.

5. Mukesh Ambani, $80.3bn
Indian Ambani has a 42% controlling stake in Reliance Industries, which is the owner of the world’s largest oil refining complex. He is also the owner of property worth more than $400m.

6. Steve Ballmer, $77.7bn
The American was the former CEO of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014. He is the current owner of the Los Angeles Clippers NBA franchise.

7. Warren Buffett, $77.5bn
Now in his ninth decade, the Berkshire Hathaway chief executive, known as the “Oracle of Omagh” is one of the most successful investors of all time. Like Gates he has pledged to give away more than 99% of his fortune to charity.

8. Larry Page, $71.6bn
Internet entrepreneur Page is one of the co-founders of Google. He stepped down as CEO of Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. in December 2019 but remains a board member.

9. Elon Musk, $70.2bn
Musk is the founder and CEO of SpaceX and also the CEO of Tesla.

10. Sergey Brin, $69.4bn
Along with Larry Page, Brin was a co-founder of Google. Until December 2019 he was president of Alphabet Inc.

not jealous at all mate , i think its unjust that billionaires don't pay more tax compared to the man in the street .....it's the same all over the world , they do whatever they can to minimise tax which is fair enough i guess but none of those people you listed would even miss a couple of billion.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Veep is superb.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Agreed. Created by Armando Iannucci who is possibly the best satirist in the world. Scottish guy who made my favorite movie in the last decade - The Death of Stalin. Genius writer.

Came to the Veep party very late, and just ploughed through all the seasons in the last couple of months. Loved it. Iannuci is a genius. Did you see the spin off film from 'The Thick of It', 'In the Loop'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here