Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Any Amazon recommendations please?

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Came to the Veep party very late, and just ploughed through all the seasons in the last couple of months. Loved it. Iannuci is a genius. Did you see the spin off film from 'The Thick of It', 'In the Loop'?

I haven’t, but just watched the trailer and looks like it’s right up my alley. Just downloaded it for my flight on Monday. Thanks!

I should probably just go down AI’s entire catalogue to make sure I didn’t miss anything,

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Depends what you're into but the best thing on there for me is The Boys. It's the superhero genre but probably based in reality more than other stuff and gory as f*ck!

Loudermilk is pretty good.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Has anyone noticed that some of the good stuff is now paid for on Sundance Now (via Amazon Prime)? Or has this always been the case and I missed it? Trying to watch Season 3 of The Bureau (NSC recommendation) and it's paid for, as are suddenly seasons 1 &2.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Watched one episode, couldn't make head nor tail of it, gave up.

Tales from the Loop is definitely an acquired taste. I can understand why people might not like it. I actually think part of it's strangeness is intentional, to create an atmosphere in which the strange things happen. I liked it, but I'm a fan of strange sci fi quirkiness.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Came to the Veep party very late, and just ploughed through all the seasons in the last couple of months. Loved it. Iannuci is a genius. Did you see the spin off film from 'The Thick of It', 'In the Loop'?

there one on netflix called the alienist about a criminal psychiatrist in 1890's new york looking for a serial killer ...3 episodes in , not sure yet.

I really enjoyed that. Bit of a slow burner, but thought it was great. Not sure if there's going to be another season, but would like there to be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies if fixtures

amazon.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh give it a break. Amazon pay the tax they are obliged to, same as you no doubt. Perhaps you could set an example by paying a bit extra voluntarily. You may do so simply by sending a cheque to HMRC. I understand that you can even specify where you would like to see that money spent.

Gary Glitter does not get paid royalties,” A representative confirmed that “Gary Glitter's publishing interest in the copyright of his songs is owned by UMPG and other parties, therefore UMPG does not pay him any royalties or other considerations.”

It goes a lot deeper than that GOM.

Exploitation of markets; closing down competition; as well as tax avoidance on a massive scale.

So no, I won't 'give it a rest'. You carry on paying proportionally more tax than you should because our corporate giants are happy to flout and stretch tax rules.

Sorry if I'm not salivating because Gary Glitter isn't getting his royalties.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Away from TV shows, they've got Knives Out, The True History of the Kelly Gang, a new film I've not seen yet, but it's on my list, called 'Get Duked!', Hustlers. Honey Boy (I've not seen it, but it's had good reviews). If you want a truly awful film that you feel compelled to watch because you think 'wtf is this?!" there's Killer Sofa

https://youtu.be/nvRgqZ0U0ug

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
And another vote for Goliath - stick with it past the scene-setting 1st / 2nd episodes of the first series, and it takes off rapidly - very good

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Season 5 of the The Expanse started last night here in the US......looks just as good as the previous

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Storyteller (Jim Henson puppet show, terrific)
Inside Number 9
Mr Robot
The Rifftrax collection
The Exorcist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here