Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antisemitism on rise across Europe 'in worst times since the Nazis'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies to [MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION] for my rather rash posting there based on something I misinterpreted.

However, there are a few broader points at play here...

1. There have been a number of threads recently where opinions held are very black and white. People aren't going to meet in the middle but they still choose to post. Things get heated on these topics and they always will. We've allowed these threads to proceed because people seemingly want them to continue. If you are like me and have no interest in them, then don't open them. If you choose to get involved in the debate, be aware that you are likely to be told your opinion is completely wrong. Don't get offended about that.

2. Like all posts on NSC, please do not assume a moderator has read something and has let it go. As above, I've not looked into the Israel type threads - there's nothing for me there. So if something crosses what you understand the line of NSC to be, then please report it. This includes direct abuse. Strong exchange of viewpoints is welcomed but there is still no need to resort to abuse. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all.

Back to the thread subject of anti-semitism on rise in Europe, this is the best piece I've read on the subject - it's a long and difiicult read though, cos, guess what, it's a difficult subject.

But take a read if there is genuine interest. It contains a very good analysis of Dieudonné - the guy who inspired Anelka to do that gesture

The anti-Zionism of fools:
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/the-anti-zionism-of-fools/

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If thinking that the bombing of hospitals and UN shelters housing women and children is totally unacceptable makes me anti semetic, then you might as well pass me the Nazi uniform now

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its unbelievable that there are adults that condone it, and its the sort of shit that will make the lives of ordinary jews around the world a bit more uncomfortable.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I dont recall Israel using WMD's ?
Have you been watching the news? Have you seen the streets of Gaza? Have you not heard how many have been killed and injured?

I would say that is destruction on a massive scale!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I am finding these accusations of antisemitism very unsavory.

I see an awful lot of anti Israeli government policy, lots and lots. But discrimination against Jewish people for ethnic/racial or religious reasons? I'm honestly not seeing that around.

Are these things being conflated?

They will always resort to the hard done by stance and then blame all and sundry to justify their cause ... Classic bully traits

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is it out of conveniance or denial that the muslim immigrants mainly responsible for the attacks on jews are being refered to as "right-wing extremists"?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Ive no doubt there are cases of both... who is saying its 'right wing extremists' ?

Hi pal, not going to read all of this thread, don't give a flying, sorry.
You make me laugh, I admire you, you are all over anything remotely contentious and that's a credit to you. You're my hero!
:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here