Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Taylor

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Wouldn’t it be good if player dissent improved in the long term and players/managers (looking at you Sean Dyche) got out of refs’ and officials’ faces.

Unfortunately, imo, the current frustration with officials and VAR. stems from the utter inconsistency that occurs game to game at the moment.
Inconsistent regarding handball and other penalty awards particularly, although there does now seem to be a high level of consistency regarding the officiating of Wolves matches. If Roberto was managing Wolves his head would have exploded last night. Gary O'Neil's cat must have been kicked to within an inch of death by now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wouldn’t it be good if player dissent improved in the long term and players/managers (looking at you Sean Dyche) got out of refs’ and officials’ faces.

Unfortunately, imo, the current frustration with officials and VAR. stems from the utter inconsistency that occurs game to game at the moment.
Yes.

But to be fair weren’t Brighton recognised as a very disciplined outfit in this respect?

For me the trouble is other teams do get in the referees personal space at regular points during the game, seeking to gain an advantage or the next free kick.
And it usually works IMO…..

Until (as you say), officials are not confronted or conversely are strong enough to immediately book players who encroach within 2 yards of them when the ball is dead, this problem will persist.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He had a shocker in the Europa league final although Mourhino went to far letting him know does this guy ever think maybe I should take a step back control the game so I’m not constantly handing out cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here