Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You can't label the whole competition boring because some of the group matches are. Once it gets to the knockout stages it is absolutely magic.
I think it's boring as well. Too many games. And the ridiculous sycophancy of the TV commentators means that if I do ever watch, I always turn the sound down.

It's kind of like 20/20 cricket. Some great moments, but I forgot who won the match 20 mins after it was played and you spend the whole time watching it with the nagging thought that the whole thing exists to make a few people rich rather than as a genuine sporting competition.

I'd guess very few football fans could name the winner of the CL in any given year compared to how many could name who won the league, or even the FA cup

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think it's boring as well. Too many games. And the ridiculous sycophancy of the TV commentators means that if I do ever watch, I always turn the sound down.

It's kind of like 20/20 cricket. Some great moments, but I forgot who won the match 20 mins after it was played and you spend the whole time watching it with the nagging thought that the whole thing exists to make a few people rich rather than as a genuine sporting competition.

I'd guess very few football fans could name the winner of the CL in any given year compared to how many could name who won the league, or even the FA cup
I'm the other way around. Can remember nearly every Champions League winner from the last 30 years but wouldn't have a clue who won the FA Cup 2 years ago!

I love the Champions League and find the FA Cup quite dull.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm assuming this signing was pushed for by the club shop/merchandising department as he only has 4 letters in his surname so they might not run out. They're going to be proper f***ed off when he does a Dele Alli and tells them he now wants to be known as Anssumane.
On which note I just started running again after three years off plagued with long covid followed by knee and hip problems. I've put on quite a bit of spare timber. I now have to toss up between carrying this on and actually becoming a bit healthier again or amusing myself and passers by when I sport a new XXXL home shirt with "Fati" on the back,,,,,

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
tenor.gif
I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
On which note I just started running again after three years off plagued with long covid followed by knee and hip problems. I've put on quite a bit of spare timber. I now have to toss up between carrying this on and actually becoming a bit healthier again or amusing myself and passers by when I sport a new XXXL home shirt with "Fati" on the back,,,,,
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm hoping he goes for Ansu Fati on the shirt rather than just Fati

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
“It was ultimately Roberto De Zerbi who managed to convince the player, though, with Sport saying the phone call with the Italian ‘changed everything’. That’s backed up by Marca, who say the Italian managed to convince the player and his family.”

google translated from link below

“His new team will be Brighton & Hove Albion, a destination that surprises at first (some of his suitors were teams like Tottenham, who was on pole) but that has been the decision of Ansu and his family, convinced that they can resurface under the command of Roberto De Zerbi.

The Italian's call was key for the Spanish international to opt for the sixth place club in the Premier League last season. “

:yes:❤️❤️

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The Champions League is not boring! Some of the most incredible and dramatic matches in recent history have taken place in the last few seasons (many of them involving English teams).

Your loss.
It gets interesting in the final round of group games when some of the ties become win or bust. There have been 4 or 5 absolutely brilliant and dramatic games in the KO stages in recent years but I’m afraid the tournament as a whole is pretty lacklustre as a football spectacle. It’s like going to the cinema twice a week for 6 months or so and sitting through a succession of dreary films because you know the law of averages ensures that once every 4 or 6 weeks you’ll get a real cracker.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It gets interesting in the final round of group games when some of the ties become win or bust. There have been 4 or 5 absolutely brilliant and dramatic games in the KO stages in recent years but I’m afraid the tournament as a whole is pretty lacklustre as a football spectacle. It’s like going to the cinema twice a week for 6 months or so and sitting through a succession of dreary films because you know the law of averages ensures that once every 4 or 6 weeks you’ll get a real cracker.
I know this goes against the grain of the average NSC user (and their age!) but the kids love the CL and prefer it to the domestic cup competitions.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Having arrived late to this party and without trawling this entire thread, why are Barca wanting to loan him out if he made 51 appearances last year?
They need the cash they’d save on wages - also despite those appearances, they were mainly minutes and non-starters - since his devastating injuries, he’s slipped down in the pecking order - he needs the regular starts he would get on loan to a lower La Liega club or PL club (like us!)

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Good job he’s not flying into Shoreham as the runway is closed at the moment. A twin engined plane left the runway about 20 mins ago and is stuck on the grass. Airport crew with it now and they are also sweeping the runway. Can be seen on the live Shoreham runway cam now !

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Having arrived late to this party and without trawling this entire thread, why are Barca wanting to loan him out if he made 51 appearances last year?
They need to get his wages off their books. They want Cancelo and João Felix and can't currently because of the tight rules out there. Also just space in the squad in general.
And he played in lot of games last year but rarely started. Suggestion is his game has developed slightly since the injuries so he needs more game time understanding the way his body works and perhaps learning a slightly different position.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
“It was ultimately Roberto De Zerbi who managed to convince the player, though, with Sport saying the phone call with the Italian ‘changed everything’. That’s backed up by Marca, who say the Italian managed to convince the player and his family.”

:yes:❤️❤️
Robert De Zerbi's calling, talking Italian.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They need him off the wage bill as they want to sign Cancelo. La Liga rules only allow a certain amount spent on wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here