[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
If this loan goes well, should we expect an invite to the inner circle of the next round of discussions on a breakaway Super League?😬

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I am aware of him because of the way he burst onto the scene a few years ago and was hailed as Messi's successor, however I am not alone in giving almost all champions league matches a swerve as it is a pretty boring competition. So I understand a lot of people only knowing premier league players.
The Champions League is not boring! Some of the most incredible and dramatic matches in recent history have taken place in the last few seasons (many of them involving English teams).

Your loss.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well fancy that - his wages actually turn out to be probably about 6M Euros a year and Albion are funding 80% of that . So under half the wild figures quoted by some reports (eg 200K a week) - and more in line with (probably) the very very top end of Albion salaries. (Perhaps above even that) Always hard to believe Bloom would have stumped up 10-12m for a single year of a player and then hand em back to Barca with RDZ having improved him.

Even that 80% is nearing 100k a week. Big investment but if it pays off could be a small sum compared to what it could mean to the club in the future.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Champions League is not boring! Some of the most incredible matches in recent history have taken place very recently. Your loss.
Beg to differ. I agree with your point about some matches being wonderful though. But the competition is stodgy and overblown and there are too many non knockout matches that are almost meaningless. I have a large circle of friends who are into football and I would say there is a general indifference to the early stages in particular.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surprised how many people aren't aware of him. He's played over 100 games for Barcelona, been with their first team for over 4 years and wears their number 10. Not like he's been hiding under a rock.
I have close to zero interest in football beyond the English divisions (and the vast majority of that is watching Brighton). I'd heard of him, but was in no way familiar with him.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Beg to differ. I agree with your point about some matches being wonderful though. But the competition is stodgy and overblown and there are too many non knockout matches that are almost meaningless. I have a large circle of friends who are into football and I would say there is a general indifference to the early stages in particular.
You can't label the whole competition boring because some of the group matches are. Once it gets to the knockout stages it is absolutely magic.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Next up on Sky Sports News...

"Where WILL Ansu Fati be playing his football after the transfer window slams closed?"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wait until you start watching the Europa League this year!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm assuming this signing was pushed for by the club shop/merchandising department as he only has 4 letters in his surname so they might not run out. They're going to be proper f***ed off when he does a Dele Alli and tells them he now wants to be known as Anssumane.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I'm assuming this signing was pushed for by the club shop/merchandising department as he only has 4 letters in his surname so they might not run out. They're going to be proper f***ed off when he does a Dele Alli and tells them he now wants to be known as Anssumane.
mini_2021-09-01-ENTRENO-59.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports