[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tense waiting time at the FC Barcelona offices. There are 48 hours left for the transfer market to end and the club continues working to close the arrival of João Cancelo without ruling out more departures. One of them is that of Ansu Fati. The stonemason, driven by his surroundings and after three days of League without being a starter, has decided to leave. During yesterday's day, he spoke with Tottenham and Chelsea. Even with Seville.

No doubts about his work ethic then. Clearly made good use of all that time out injured and got himself a trade. Good lad.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Before his knee injury that required 4 operations he was probably one of the top 4 or 5 strikers in Europe .

Even at a £10-12 M outlay for a years loan , if we can keep him injury free , he could make a huge difference.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tense waiting time at the FC Barcelona offices. There are 48 hours left for the transfer market to end and the club continues working to close the arrival of João Cancelo without ruling out more departures. One of them is that of Ansu Fati. The stonemason, driven by his surroundings and after three days of League without being a starter, has decided to leave. During yesterday's day, he spoke with Tottenham and Chelsea. Even with Seville.

No doubts about his work ethic then. Clearly made good use of all that time out injured and got himself a trade. Good lad.
He’s been chipping away at it for a while now

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can feel myself heading towards the euphoria that day when we signed CMS to beat off Leicester and West Ham to his signature. Yes it really is that exciting if we can pull it off :wink:

Hope it has a better ending if we do though.
Leave forward signings to you…. CMS……. FFS!

One job 😂😂

(I too, was very excited by CMS) 😔

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Vincente-vibes…

What a statement (potentially- I don’t want to hex it) from the club. Trumping Spuds and reassuring RDZ that he’s being backed.

Also what a song…I can’t resist dancing to it, much like Donny in the Ted films with Tiffany’s I think we’re alone now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really? I was more pissed off we sacrificed Murray for him.
Me too, but NSC was pretty bloody exciting at the time and we had no idea how much of a downgrade he would turn out to be at the time. Same with Ali J flight Tracking. Classic football fan euphoria.

I was abroad when Vicente happened and had no clue until he’d signed so couldn’t join in the wide eyed disbelief as it happened :down:

I actually cannot believe that this is going to happen tbh.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Strange to be in a situation where a player can make the best decision for that point of their career, rather than money or reputation. Still gets his salary and I suppose if you already play for Barca, then Spurs or Chelsea are nothing out of the ordinary. Even so, would suggest a refreshing and promising lack of ego if he does join.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If we get this over the line we must be up there with one of the best attacking line ups in the league. Outrageous levels of quality and depth and a million miles from the ‘when are we going to sign a striker’ days

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They’re all just taking Romano at his word though, rather than having any inside knowledge. I’ll believe it once he’s stood on Brighton beach with a seagull on his head.
Express online from about 0600 today reporting Spurs are favourites. Out of date or another twist?

Naylor has just tweeted that a significant La Liga club has now appeared on the scene. More out of date info? (Sevilla?)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports