Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That was reported late last night by Ferrán Martínez, the Barcelona-based journalist that first broke the story.

Presumably, it's Sevilla. Fingers crossed Fati fancies the PL and Barcelona would rather he go abroad.

Ignore

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This is some sort of fever dream isn’t it. The last 20odd years are just a dream and I’m going to wake up tomorrow and find out it’s still 12th December 1999 and this is just the result of watching Brighton lose to Rochdale in the pissing rain.
Jesus, I'd take that in a heartbeat. 24 years of my life back? Fati can do one!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This just ticks so many boxes to make it onto my Giddy-ometer

Most transfers now are logical, reported about for months in advance, rumours galore, agent leaks, fab all over it. By the time the deal happens it was just a formality and there's no suprise element. I found I just saw we completed the Baleba deal and thought "oh good'. Didn't read the story, moved on.

This has just come out of NOWHERE and is absolutely BONKERS. It's the kind of transfer where, if I had been playing as Brighton on FIFA or Football Manager, and I signed him, I'd decide this is the time to stop playing as the transfer feels too unrealistic and the game is broken.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Huge concern he will leave glorious Barcelona, fly into Sussex, see the weather and just look at his agent and say "seriously?"

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
cant understand why Barca would sign off on a loan to La Liga club
Because Sevilla (if it is indeed them) are no threat to Barca, he wouldn’t play against them and instead could help Sevilla take points against their rivals. And the fact that Barca are just absolutely desperate financially and trying to register players before the trsnsfer window shuts like Cancelo, means they probably don’t care where he goes and just want him off the books ASAP.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Because Sevilla (if it is indeed them) are no threat to Barca, he wouldn’t play against them and instead could help Sevilla take points against their rivals. And the fact that Barca are just absolutely desperate financially and trying to register players before the trsnsfer window shuts like Cancelo, means they probably don’t care where he goes and just want him off the books ASAP.
OK but arent all the 'smaller' Spanish clubs broke? How are Seville going to pay his wages and maybe a loan fee?

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
It's not over till the Fati lady sings.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Money is the sticking point for Seville I think. They can't cover his wages.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Huge concern he will leave glorious Barcelona, fly into Sussex, see the weather and just look at his agent and say "seriously?"

Looks like it's sunnier tomorrow. Let's do the medical in Spain today, get a precontract signed and fly him in this evening under the cover of darkness in time for a tour of the training ground tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here