Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
That UKIP lady is clearly a hypocrite. If she was truly BRITISH, she would have given the two finger salute - which originates from the Battle of Agincourt, where the English cut the fingers off of French archers. Instead, she chooses to use the Americanised version. It is clear where her allegiances lie.

I thought the salute was by English archers to show the French they still had the fingers to fire their dreaded long bows?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Spread as much crap as possible to put people of voting for UKIP. I think it's pretty sad state of affairs that politics has now been driven down to this level just a few days before voting. There is a real problem with the EU, shame some people don't want to see that part. People need to wake up a little and see how things like this can go to effect us all.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304547704579561402484152042

You link to an article pointing out that lots of people are fleeing Syria and Eritrea to the EU. Very unreasonable of them to flee for their lives.
This points to a very real problem in Syria and Eritrea, if only we were a member of some kind of massive organisation spanning many countries that could (not saying does) exert political pressure on those countries and help deal with the refugees in a more humanitarian manner than drowning them in the ocean.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
people just see what they want to see , sounds like some are running scared for Thursday :)
regards
DR

So what will happen if UKIP get all their MEPs elected ?

The newspapers will have a frenzy
We will still be in the EU with no better prospect of an In/Out vote
Our MEPs will have an even worse record of turning up and protecting Britain's interests within the EU

Not that you'll bother voting of course, it'll be like the Albion, all talk and no action :rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2008
Says the nitwit who has argued against the main 3 parties, claiming UKIP is 'different'....yeah...think about it.

They are lucky its just about the out and out crazies being exposed rather than their FAR RIGHT relationships.
i haven't argued against any of the other parties ???
regards
DR

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I'd like to hear your definition of the "looney left", do you just mean people you don't agree with?

Not a question of disagreeing with me or not. I actually dislike UKIP and do not agree with their polices. What I dislike is the mass media hysteria against them and the protests from UAF. UKIP are a legitimate and lawful group.

Jan 30, 2008
So what will happen if UKIP get all their MEPs elected ?

The newspapers will have a frenzy
We will still be in the EU with no prospect of an In/Out vote
Our MEPs will have an even worse record of turning up and protecting Britain's interests within the EU

Not that you'll bother voting of course, it'll be like the Albion, all talk and no action :rolleyes:
yes, yes of course , you've sussed me out :rolleyes:
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 22389

You link to an article pointing out that lots of people are fleeing Syria and Eritrea to the EU. Very unreasonable of them to flee for their lives.
This points to a very real problem in Syria and Eritrea, if only we were a member of some kind of massive organisation spanning many countries that could (not saying does) exert political pressure on those countries and help deal with the refugees in a more humanitarian manner than drowning them in the ocean.

The solution being that eventually each country in the EU including us will have to sign up to taking thousands of extra people year on year, and once that happens I can see that turning in to the millions the longer this goes on. Yes there is the humantarian issue, we can all see that, we are not that heartless to turn people away but there is a limit to all this, each country only has a certain amount of resources.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You may well be right, come to think of it...

Urban myth according to QI - the Agincourt story only became popular recently (in the last 30 years or so) apparently. An archer in the days of Agincourt would need 3 fingers to pull a longbow string, not 2 (they had a draw weight of 100lbs). There were suggestions by the English that captured archers may be mutilated by the French by chopping off 3 fingers, not 2. I rather like the Agincourt story myself!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Urban myth according to QI - the Agincourt story only became popular recently (in the last 30 years or so) apparently. An archer in the days of Agincourt would need 3 fingers to pull a longbow string, not 2 (they had a draw weight of 100lbs). There were suggestions by the English that captured archers may be mutilated by the French by chopping off 3 fingers, not 2. I rather like the Agincourt story myself!

The main problem with the Agincourt story is that captured archers along with any other troops were summarily executed. Only nobles would be kept for ransom and have a chance of release.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Executed surviving French knights as well at Agincourt.. ..I think mainly due to English numbers being so low, there was nobody to guard them

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Firstly, I don't think the thread is about Farage. Secondly, I think it's perfectly fair that people from most parts of the political spectrum highlight the fact that this is dangerous party that for whatever reason are riding a wave of populism. This is a party that clearly has a racist theme right through the heart of it and while many of the people planning to vote for UKIP do not fall in to this category, I see nothing wrong in making them aware of this fact.

i.e. people in a democracy might vote for them because they agree with their core policies. Britain's brilliant isnt it. What a mad country. Bombs other countries into democracy, but goes into meltdown if something untoward happens in its own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here