Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another reason we should be out of Europe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't worry about the scummy bit of Kent though - we'll forget to even bring those bits with us.

Or maybe wedge a pile of Kent bits under The Downs so we can have mountains north of Brighton; how cool would that be? Snowboarding in the morning, sun bathing and swimming on the beach in the afternoon.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All things are relative though. Tow us to the equator and I reckon we'd see some real nasty big buggers move in, pretty soon. I think the extreme weather systems would be a bit of a shock too.

I've given it some thought, and I they should put us either bang in the middle of the MED (they could evict Malta if necessary) or perhaps somewhere near the Canary Islands.

Edit ; sadly, we wouldn't FIT through into the Med, so the Canaries it is.

Lucky for you! We are not moving to make room for a load of British Tourists bringing their own country to the Med!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How would we fit the UK through that tiny gap between Spain and Morocco? (Unless you're thinking that for the med we drag the UK over western Europe?)

Or maybe we could break the UK up into the loads of pieces, drag each piece through that tiny gap and then put it back together later on once we've found a good spot.

there's a good idea
we could send Wales Scotland and Ireland away and stay where we are, I am sure the other nations will be very happy in the pacific somewhere and glad they left us behind.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lucky for you! We are not moving to make room for a load of British Tourists bringing their own country to the Med!

We wouldn't be tourists, if we lived there, would we? I like Malta anyway. I say we keep it, and stick it off the South coast, instead of the IOW.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We'd have to leave Scotland behind, it would be INHUMANE to expose them all to that level of sunshine.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm not in favour of capital punishment, but I don't go along with murderers complaining about their loss of human rights. Maybe they should have thought about that beforehand?

this
nevertheless they have been caught and imprisoned and if life is going to mean actually life then some thought must be given to those who have them in their care.
Lifers even with a limit have in their minds nothing to lose, especially in the first part of their sentence most particularly those with violent personalities

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tunbridge Wells will indeed be in New Sussex, just across the Pennines from Harrogate.

Don't worry about the scummy bit of Kent though - we'll forget to even bring those bits with us.

Leave Kent behind as it's attached to France via the Eurotunnel.

Just make sure we put Kent and Sussex back together using the correct edge (and cheekily re-draw the boundary so that Tunbridge Wells is back in Sussex where it belongs)

This I like - great how a binfest has now turned into something quite silly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right, here's a world map. Can we PLEASE look at this and agree what the most convenient way will be to move England to the Pacific? Any pictures with arrows and annotations would be very helpful.

world-map.gif

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We'd have to leave Scotland behind, it would be INHUMANE to expose them all to that level of sunshine.

With the Scots on their march towards independance it would be wise to make a clean break of it and leave then to their own devices instead of jumping on the English relocation project. Also as we are moving Britain (minus Scotland) south could we not build up some momentum and ram into the Canaries driving them further south?

Back on track is the European Human Right legislation not based on UK law as the foundation, so not much difference in leaving European HR for UK only legislation ?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Right, here's a world map. Can we PLEASE look at this and agree what the most convenient way will be to move England to the Pacific? Any pictures with arrows and annotations would be very helpful.

View attachment 44594

Go North through the ice pack after all its all melting ice due to global warming so with some speed we should be able to ram our way through, god bless HMS Great Britain!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well actually,.... the judges for the ECHR are elected by the Council of Europe and by association the European Parliament

The judges are elected by the Council of Europe but this has no connection with the European Parliament which is a body within the European Union. Many countries are members of the Council of Europe without being members of the EU. You have Council of Europe mixed up with the European Council, which is part of the EU.

Now, about the Popular Front of Judea ....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

View attachment 44594

Sorry to spoil the party, but I quite like Britain where it is. We're far enough from France to be relatively untroubled by our nearest neighbours, and, difficult though it is to admit, they may actually be better neighbours than we may find in more southern waters. Move it south and our beautiful green countryside becomes all brown.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
The collective assertion that Britain should be moved to the Pacific (in fact, anywhere) would breach my 'uman rights. Please fook off. I like it here. Go move to some shttiy sauna if you hate it here so much. Thanking you kindly.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
How would we fit the UK through that tiny gap between Spain and Morocco? (Unless you're thinking that for the med we drag the UK over western Europe?)

Or maybe we could break the UK up into the loads of pieces, drag each piece through that tiny gap and then put it back together later on once we've found a good spot.

No way. I hate all these UK laws, UK parliament, UK currency etc. We're supporting all of those other shoddy counties while we work hard earning a living. Let's get OUT of the UK and just tow Sussex. THEN we won't have any problems with Oyreland being in the way.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

View attachment 44594

There's a nice thin bit of land south of Mexico, we could easily RAM our way through that. As a bonus we'd pick up some Caribbean islands on the way.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

That would be a case for the European Court of Human Rights, perchance?

WHAT A SEGUE!!! :O

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The judges are elected by the Council of Europe but this has no connection with the European Parliament which is a body within the European Union. Many countries are members of the Council of Europe without being members of the EU. You have Council of Europe mixed up with the European Council, which is part of the EU.

Now, about the Popular Front of Judea ....
Lovely bit of selective quoting there,... try the whole sentence please...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here