Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another reason we should be out of Europe

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The collective assertion that Britain should be moved to the Pacific (in fact, anywhere) would breach my 'uman rights. Please fook off. I like it here. Go move to some shttiy sauna if you hate it here so much. Thanking you kindly.

I'm with you. England has been a North European island since it first arose (by heaven's command) from out the azure main. And by golly it's going to STAY that way! The weather's bad enough now let alone dragging as off somewhere where it'll be hot enough to grow doughnuts all year round.

Take Wales if you want to abandon ship. If you flatten out all the mountains it's probably as big as England anyway.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
No way. I hate all these UK laws, UK parliament, UK currency etc. We're supporting all of those other shoddy counties while we work hard earning a living. Let's get OUT of the UK and just tow Sussex. THEN we won't have any problems with Oyreland being in the way.

Away games would become a bit of a pain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps he was suggesting that we ACTUALLY (physically) leave Europe? Maybe get towed to the South Pacific, or something?
It may not help the discussion but I'd be plenty happy enough to be towed to the South of France.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Might be a bit windy at times though....

world-map.jpg

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Argh every time the ECtHR make an important decision its the same bloody argument. Why is it so difficult to distinguish between them

In theory I don't doubt you are right, however in practice it is not that easy.

Pre Maastricht treaty European institutions like the ECHR existed in wider isolation because essentially the EU as insidious institution we know it is did not exist.

Over the last 20 years there has been a seismic shift in how these old european institutions cooperate and it is facile to pretend that they operate independently.

The ECHR is part of the Counsel of Europe and both institutions share the same flag and anthem of the EU so it certainly looking and sounding like a duck. Quite why they want a flag and anthem tells you more about the egos of those who run the circuses in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Europe

The individuals who sit on these institutions are not passive independent minded people who are neutral in the aims of the EU. Take the Secretary General of the Counsel of Europe.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorbjørn_Jagland

Jagland is in favour of Norwegian membership of the European Union. In 1990, he published the book Min europeiske drøm (My European dream).

He has also proposed the European Union be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize was finally awarded to the European Union by Jagland (who is Chairman of the Prize awarding committee) himself in 2012.

Sounds like a right w@nker.

What about bee rights? No bees and there going to be a diminishing number of humans. If we let pesticides usage continue like current crop of numpties in Government want, then we going to be in very big trouble; already some orchards needing to be pollinated by hand. European Commission is taking the sensible step of banning them. It seems to me that some laws; Working Time Directive etc are way more rational than British laws. Pandering to UKIP dickheads with monies in tax havens doesn't really help us.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
better-world-map.jpg

Ireland accidentally got sunk on the trip round, and we're now North making it easier & quicker for us to do booze cruises to either Burma or Sri Lanka.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've just realised that I've put us BANG ON an area of huge seismic activity known to have killed thousands in recent years, but at least it's better than being in BLOODY EUROPE.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we can't move to the South of France, then we need to muscle Barbados out of their spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here