Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another politician fouls up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No , being a Tory who cant do a times a table on cue is a much bigger crime don't you know. :moo:

If you want a thread about another politician or another subject, start one. Or don't but it's a bit silly complaining about other people's threads or complaining a thread hasn't been started on a subject when you've done neither yourself.

This, to me, is actually a fairly important story. The policy and the politician's actions.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If you want a thread about another politician or another subject, start one. Or don't but it's a bit silly complaining about other people's threads or complaining a thread hasn't been started on a subject when you've done neither yourself.

This, to me, is actually a fairly important story. The policy and the politician's actions.

Sorry, I Didn't mean to upset you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sorry, I Didn't mean to upset you.

Not a bit of it. Just seems a thread cannot get started these days without binners derailing it. All getting rather dull.

NSC would lose most of its character if moderators started shifting non-football stuff away from the main board (which is effectively what is being asked for). On the occasions when polls have been taken, "Keep things as they are" has always won most votes. Politics isn't the only topic that irritates some NSC users, though. How about the world's hardest creature, which is a complete waste of space, in my opinion. But it belongs on the main board, not in some hidden recess, where I wouldn't even be aware that I was ignoring it.

Keep things as they are.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would say politics/news is up there with football, music and beer as some of the most popular topics discussed on the site. If an individual thread is deemed not suitable for the main board then I'd be happy for it to be moved but I don't think the topic should be moved wholesale to some NSC back room.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
NSC would lose most of its character if moderators started shifting non-football stuff away from the main board (which is effectively what is being asked for). On the occasions when polls have been taken, "Keep things as they are" has always won most votes. Politics isn't the only topic that irritates some NSC users, though. How about the world's hardest creature, which is a complete waste of space, in my opinion. But it belongs on the main board, not in some hidden recess, where I wouldn't even be aware that I was ignoring it.

Keep things as they are.

Agreed, but we dont really have politics threads on here do we, just Lefties and right wingers posting pages and pages of slagging each other off. Poor old Corbyn cant
even breath without a slagging that turns into a binfest.

They really are the dullest threads to trawl through with nothing of substance.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Keep things as they are.

I totally agree, but some political, non football threads, are moved off the Big Board very quickly, normally the the ones of the same persuasion, others seem to be ok to run and run on the main board.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agreed, but we dont really have politics threads on here do we, just Lefties and right wingers posting pages and pages of slagging each other off. Poor old Corbyn cant

Politics IS people arguing. Unfortunately.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I would say politics/news is up there with football, music and beer as some of the most popular topics discussed on the site. If an individual thread is deemed not suitable for the main board then I'd be happy for it to be moved but I don't think the topic should be moved wholesale to some NSC back room.

My original post wasn't even aimed at you, just the fact another fairly non story that will inevitably turn into a left/right binfest.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Perhaps, but normally the title or at least the first post gives some indication of what the thread is about and then you are free to choose whether to contribute or ignore.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Perhaps, but normally the title or at least the first post gives some indication of what the thread is about and then you are free to choose whether to contribute or ignore.

They stay on topic for about a page, two at the most................then left right binfest.

In fact, the subject of how politics is discussed on this site is far more interesting than the shite article in the OP.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But they do not argue politics, they just dig at each other like some playground divs.

There are three users that troll political threads and become abusive and personal to anyone that doesn't lean to their political bent but they do that on most threads . Unfortunately you'll get boorish bullies on any given site, shame it's so prevalent on here right now that reasonable users like yourself get so fed up. Personally I think the mods are too amused by it to do anything about it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There are three users that troll political threads and become abusive and personal to anyone that doesn't lean to their political bent but they do that on most threads . Unfortunately you'll get boorish bullies on any given site, shame it's so prevalent on here right now that reasonable users like yourself get so fed up. Personally I think the mods are too amused by it to do anything about it.

Fair enough, I'm sorry if you think I derailed your thread.

I'm out now, but will be reading this thread with interest in the hope that i see a great discussion from left and right about this times table issue. :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair enough, I'm sorry if you think I derailed your thread.

I'm out now, but will be reading this thread with interest in the hope that i see a great discussion from left and right about this times table issue. :)
No apologies needed, more interesting than my shite news story.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

:) Priceless, you must have posted this with your tongue firmly in your cheek.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:) Priceless, you must have posted this with your tongue firmly in your cheek.

And here you are. You don't even appreciate the irony of your post. Unbelievable. I've decided to leave threads when you come trolling along, you're really boring and quite a nasty individual. So I'll bid you adieu, until you change your energy I simply don't want to engage with you. Vile man.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By this logic then unless a minister can also play football or run a marathon then they shouldn't sign off PE. Pathetic.

True. I have some sympathy with her viewpoint.
She said: "I know what it's like with these interviews.

"I'll be doing lots of interviews this morning and there will be one where I get it wrong and that's the one that everyone's going to be focused on."

Hardly the crime of the century.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here